View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Floyd rose question 
Dr. X

Post Floyd rose question
Hey guys. I just bought a new guitar the Schecter C-1 FR and i was asking myself how i could tune the guitar to drop-d or other tunings and return to normal e-tuning. I am new to locking tremolo's so if you guys could help me out or give links?? thx in advance

Greets,,

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Going to drop D is easy if you get a EVH Dtuna http://www.dtuna.com/ That will let you quickly switch between drop D and standard E.

You can't easily use other tunings unless you lock the trem. You could install a tremolno http://tremol-no.com/ You could lock trem and use other tunings, but if you unlocked it before switching back to standard tuning your trem won't be level where it should be.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:08 pm
Dr. X

Going to drop D is easy if you get a EVH Dtuna http://www.dtuna.com/ That will let you quickly switch between drop D and standard E.

You can't easily use other tunings unless you lock the trem. You could install a tremolno http://tremol-no.com/ You could lock trem and use other tunings, but if you unlocked it before switching back to standard tuning your trem won't be level where it should be.

you mean blocking the trem by putting something underneath that wont make it sink back into its cavity??

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

A floating trem such as your C-1 will only be able to switch tunings while locked in place. This of course, prevents being able to pull the trem sharp (up).

You can have switch tuning and dive only, or full floating and no switch tuning.

The use of a tremol-no will allow the former.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:47 pm
Viking Kong

you mean blocking the trem by putting something underneath that wont make it sink back into its cavity??

I have a blocked floyd on an RG. You don't put anything underneath it from the top of the guitar. In the trem cavity on the back of the guitar wedge pieces of wood or some hard material between the trem block and the guitar body. Then the trem shouldn't move.

It might look something like this

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:30 pm
Motorman

unless you block the bridge, it will throw your intonation and tone and waaay off.

well.. maybe not if you're just going to drop d. but anything fancier and its not a pretty thing.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 am
Viking Kong

Haze maybe I missed where you said it but is it a "floating" trem or is it a "set" trem ??

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:22 am
Dr. X

It is an original floyd rose floating tremolo.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Tab Master

I tuned my Schaller trem from D standard down to Dropped C just by doing it as if it were a fixed bridge guitar...

Literally, unscrew the locking nuts, tune the 6th string down to D, then retune all the other strings to standard...then retune the E to D perfectly again and then retune the other strings etc etc.

It took me about 15 seconds to get it perfectly in tune and it plays exactly as it did before!!

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:07 pm
Dr. X

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Tab Master

does the tremolo stay flush this way??

Yep!

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]