View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Airplane Flanger = SEXY 
Dr. X

Post Airplane Flanger = SEXY
I just picked one up, and it's easily one of the most useful effects pedals in my fairly large inventory.

The thing that really blows me away is how controllable it is. Playing around with the "shimmer" setting, I was able to get a pretty good Leslie-type rotary speaker effect going (one of my favorite tones). I have a fairly boutique rotary speaker sim that I love, an Option 5 Destination Rotation, and the Airplane gets really really really close to the sound that the Option 5 puts out a faster speed settings, plus I can control the depth and the character of the chorus/vibrato effect a lot more. It's almost like I have my own custom rotary speaker sim.

Plus, it's genuinely fun to tweak. With some effects I'm like "well, I guess I'll have to play around with it a little more..." but with this it's like "Man, I wonder what happens when I do this..." And the results have been across the board awesome. I figured I would really like this pedal and it exceeded my expectations.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]