View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 I thought you were my (Musician's) Friend..... 
Motorman

Post I thought you were my (Musician's) Friend.....
After years and thosuands spent through MF, I finally get screwed. For one, the date I order my PAF Pro was also the day it was supposed to be available. The next day, contrary to what I was told the day before, I learn its on backorder. Stuff happens, I know. Still kinda lame not knowing til my moneys spent.

After a months wait, I recieve confirmation that the pup was shipped. So I wait a week. And another. So I check the shipping code, and its never been sent. But this isn't what MF says. No, they sent it, and its just my bad.

Hello Sweetwater!

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:07 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Sorry to hear that. Musicians Friend seems like a company with no face. I've never heard a word from them over my couple orders of the years (maybe 5 or 6) Sweetwater would probably hand deliver the pickups and give you a kiss if you wanted! :lol:

For online shopping go sweetwater.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:51 am
Viking Kong

Its not unusual for the availability date to move back. They can't control when the company or distributor fills their order.

Maybe UPS lost the package. The lost a package of mine once.

Hopefully you still get your pickup.

Guitar center/ MF don't seem to care about stellar customer service like they should.

GC recently took payments from multiple people a few weeks ago for signed and aged Jimmy Page #2 Les Pauls at $20,000 a piece. They were expecting to get in 7-10. When they found out they were only getting 2 they refunded all the preorders and decided to sell the 2 at auction with starting bids of $80K. They should have sold them to the first 2 people to put money down.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:53 am
Dr. X

Don't bother ordering pickups from MF or any large retailer. Instead, check out a seller on eBay by the name of banjonmikez. You can also contact him directly via his store's website.

He stocks an insane variety of pickups in all sorts of color combination. I've purchased around 30 Dimarzios from him and every transaction was smooth and easy.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:15 pm
Dr. X

Don't bother ordering pickups from MF or any large retailer. Instead, check out a seller on eBay by the name of banjonmikez. You can also contact him directly via his store's website.

He stocks an insane variety of pickups in all sorts of color combination. I've purchased around 30 Dimarzios from him and every transaction was smooth and easy.

oh man this guys store is sick. all colors and shit brilliant!!!!

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Hey! I was going to mention him in my first post but wasn't sure how he'd feel about going ebay. If it's any thing I'd vouch for mike %100! On 4 seperate occasions he's been a great seller. Really a class act. He special ordered the pickups that are now in my Carvin with no less than an email!

And just a bonus is he always throws in a bunch of stickers and cool junk with orders. :)

I don't think I'd buy dimarzios from anywhere else.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Yeah, I've ordered a dozen or so creme/black Nortons from Mike. The extra stuff rules!

I was hoping to order a creme/black PAF Pro, but he didn't have any at the time. So I turned to MF....bastards. Hopefully it'll turn up sometime.

Still sucks.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:22 am
Dr. X

Hey! I was going to mention him in my first post but wasn't sure how he'd feel about going ebay.
That's the thing - I bought my first pickup from him via eBay but after that, I've been dealing with him directly. I just call him or drop him an e-mail.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:41 am
Viking Kong

Mike is the man. He's who I get my Dimarzios from. Great guy to deal with. He always include a ton of swag with every order too. Stickers, sometimes keychain bottle openers. --Jason

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]