View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 OH MY GOD MY FLOYD ROSE JUST GOT FIXED 
Dr. X

Post OH MY GOD MY FLOYD ROSE JUST GOT FIXED
so a couple of weeks ago my edge pro broke and i wanted to replace it with a gotoh floyd. i tried researching online to find out whether it was a direct replacement with no diffinative answer. i decided to get the luthier to order it anyway, turns out its not a perfect fit and it required a little bit of routing, it now fits and its great the bar says in place and can be adjusted with an allen key to be really stiff or loose, it stays in tune great and miraculously it was nearly perfectly intonated when it was fitted with no adjustments:shock:.

another bonus is it turns out the edge pro was not broken after all! the gotoh is far superior so i dont feel it was a waste of money replacing the edge. so im probably gonna be selling it on ebay soon so if anyone's intrested let me know.

the luthier who fitted it is a great guy and really knows his stuff and makes some very high quality instruments, here's a link to his site: http://www.12thfret.co.uk/index.html he's based in the south east inbetween rye and hastings (3mins walk from my house:D)

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]