View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Line 6 Pod X3 live 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Line 6 Pod X3 live
Hey guys, does anyone out there have a line 6 pod x3 live?
If so, is it any good?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:27 pm
Motorman

lol, I'm posting this as I am on hold for technical support for the POD X3 Live that I just bought 2 weeks, I'm not even joking.

My POD X3 Live apparently is one of many defective units they sold with a faulty part that causes problems when connected by USB. Basically what happens is after about 10 to 15 minutes the audio from the computer will stop abruptly and you'll need to reboot the POD for it to come back. Quite a large problem for recording! After doing some research, apparently the official solution is to ship your POD away for up to like 3 and a half weeks to an authorized service center, with shipping at your expense.

This would probably enrage me if the thing didn't sound so god damn awesome. Since I only bought mine 2 weeks ago I'm going to try to exchange it for another unit where I bought it without the defect and cross my fingers. If you're buying a new one I'd suggest trying to look for an alleged serial number guide on the internet for which ones don't have the defect (I could never find it), or barring that, force them at the store to test the unit for the USB dropout issue.

This probably sounds really bad, but I can't emphasize how great this thing sounds, and being able to take that tone with you in a really portable way (unlike with Guitar Rig and other VST solutions) and being able to interface with real amp hardware with much lower latency than VST processing really makes it worth the trouble. Hopefully you won't have to go through the same trouble I did if you decide to pick it up.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:49 pm
Godzilla

I have one and I don´t know how to record via USB but I think that´s my comp´s problem. I connect the headphones´ output to the soundcard´s input and it works fine.

I haven´t noticed any other trouble

On the other hand I love it even when I get a 5% of its possibilities from it :)

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Motorman

I have one and I don´t know how to record via USB but I think that´s my comp´s problem. I connect the headphones´ output to the soundcard´s input and it works fine.

On the other hand I love it even when I get a 5% of its possibilities from it :)

If you used it that way then you would never notice a problem. The problem manifests itself when you have the POD connected over USB which allows you to use it as an ASIO compatible sound input/output device in your system (if you play sound on your computer, you'll hear it through the POD's outputs, and you can record the wet or dry inputs and tones left/right/stereo as seperate channels with low latency). After around 10 to 15 minutes the POD will just suddenly stop playing back the audio from the computer and if you were recording it will drop out (but you can still hear the tone from the POD, that keeps going fine). Then you have to reboot to get the input/output over USB to/from the computer back.

It also only apparently affected SOME units, but judging from their forums it was quite a few. Either way, buyer beware, the thing sounds great but if you plan to use over USB do yourself a favor and make sure it's either already had the repair, tested to make sure it doesn't have the defect, or is basically brand new off the assembly line.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:46 pm
Godzilla

FER wrote:

If you used it that way then you would never notice a problem. The problem manifests itself when you have the POD connected over USB which allows you to use it as an ASIO compatible sound input/output device in your system (if you play sound on your computer, you'll hear it through the POD's outputs, and you can record the wet or dry inputs and tones left/right/stereo as seperate channels with low latency). After around 10 to 15 minutes the POD will just suddenly stop playing back the audio from the computer and if you were recording it will drop out (but you can still hear the tone from the POD, that keeps going fine). Then you have to reboot to get the input/output over USB to/from the computer back.

It also only apparently affected SOME units, but judging from their forums it was quite a few. Either way, buyer beware, the thing sounds great but if you plan to use over USB do yourself a favor and make sure it's either already had the repair, tested to make sure it doesn't have the defect, or is basically brand new off the assembly line.

I hope mine hasn´t that problem :)

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:35 am
King Of The Monsters

Sweet machine it is.

Image Image

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

I just got the pod x3 live but im confusedddd which amp setting is the MEsa Boogie mark 2?

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:30 am
Viking Kong

I just got the pod x3 live but im confusedddd which amp setting is the MEsa Boogie mark 2?

I'm pretty sure they have the amp model nicknames on the Line6 website. Also, my PODxt came with a booklet that had the amp model names in there, maybe if you have the manual for the PODx3 you should check that.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:26 pm
Motorman

No idea, but I'm pretty sure the manual lists all the amp models and says what they're actually supposed to be.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:30 pm
Motorman

I just wanted to add for anyone who was reading this or considering getting a POD X3L that I have my new one after I exchanged the old defective one from the retailer and the replacement does not suffer from any problems and seems to be working perfectly, so new units should be okay.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]