View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I am REALLY disappointed in Getting Heavier 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post I am REALLY disappointed in Getting Heavier
First of all, the name is seriously misleading... I listen to Racer X for the incredible musicianship and insane guitar harmonies. If I wanted to hear soft rock, I'd listen to Bryan Adams or something.

I'm so glad that I downloaded a few songs instead of buying it without listening :(

Manimal

Thu May 08, 2003 3:31 pm
Superhero

Thu May 08, 2003 3:34 pm
Profile ICQ
Motorman

Different strokes for different folks. Getting Heavier is amazing.

Thu May 08, 2003 4:39 pm
King Of The Monsters

This is the first bad comment that I´ve heared of the album. I haven´t listened to it yet, but when I do, I´ll see how are your ears! :P

Image Image

Thu May 08, 2003 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Post Re: I am REALLY disappointed in Getting Heavier
Manimal wrote:
First of all, the name is seriously misleading... I listen to Racer X for the incredible musicianship and insane guitar harmonies. If I wanted to hear soft rock, I'd listen to Bryan Adams or something.

I'm so glad that I downloaded a few songs instead of buying it without listening :(

Manimal

n00b

Was there a point to this stupid thread?

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Thu May 08, 2003 7:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

for me getting heavier is an amazing album :D .And the production of Paul is really good,than other racer x albums,like superheroes.Just listen it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
i wanna alderete fender bass signature model!Now!
Alderete Rules :D :D :D

Thu May 08, 2003 7:55 pm
Superhero

Post Re: I am REALLY disappointed in Getting Heavier
Manimal wrote:

Manimal

Did you hear Catapult to Extinction, that song rocks. And you cannot judge a CD by a few songs. Yes the CD is different, but not different ina bad way.

Why did you post this anyway? You weren't asking a questin or anything. Did you just want to make people mad?

Thu May 08, 2003 8:25 pm
Motorman

I was with you, I didn't like it either until about 10 more listens.

THEN It grew on me. I listened to it for like 5 months straight every day in my car. Great songs.

Thu May 08, 2003 8:57 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Uhhh, I posted it because I felt like it. This is a Racer X forum and I'm giving my opinion on the latest Racer X album. If you have a problem with that, then you shouldn't have clicked on the thread. That subject made it obvious what the post was about...

Yes, I heard Catapult to Extinction. I think it pales in comparison to Scarified, TD, Viking Kong, etc.

Manimal

Thu May 08, 2003 9:19 pm
Motorman

I like this album very much....so many cool songs...my favorites are Lucifers Hammer,Golden God,Go-GG-Go,Empty Man,Sirens Eye and Endless......

BTW my 100´s post....YEAH!!! :lol:

Thu May 08, 2003 11:29 pm
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun

Uhhh, I posted it because I felt like it. This is a Racer X forum and I'm giving my opinion on the latest Racer X album. If you have a problem with that, then you shouldn't have clicked on the thread. That subject made it obvious what the post was about...

Yes, I heard Catapult to Extinction. I think it pales in comparison to Scarified, TD, Viking Kong, etc.

Manimal

Since you obviously havent been on this board very long, you really dont understand that thread titles more often than not, are written in a sarcastic form. I.E. they dont really mean what you think they do, or they often have nothing to do with the actual thread.

this album was quite hard, the production was better than most of the other albums, the songs came through with a clarity that you do not find on the other albums.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Fri May 09, 2003 1:53 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X

Oh for fucks sake...so he does not like it...its his opinion! I myself was just playing it and love it, but Im not going to trash this guy for having a opinion!
This place is turning into the VAN HALEN board fast....chill out!

Fri May 09, 2003 3:03 am
Motorman

I totally respect them for writing something different, and i happen to think its great. Alot of people, fans at that, dissed megadeth when they started writing softer songs. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Theres nothing better than a well rounded band or musician. PG is a prime example. He doesnt strike me as the kind of guy that would say "oh thats stupid, i dont listen to that, so i wont play it". But as they say, to each his own.

Fri May 09, 2003 3:10 am
Dr. X

Fri May 09, 2003 4:15 am
Profile YIM
Unt! I move topics!

Orginally posted by me, December 31, 2002 -

Quote:
Getting Heavier ... hmmmm. Bad choice for a CD title ... Insane Heavy Metal? I think not. The new studio CD is a good Racer X CD. It's not a great Racer X CD. Definitely not in the same league as Superheroes. I like about half the new the CD (Dr. X, Lucifer's Hammer, Golden God, Bucket of Rocks, and GO-GG-GO) but none of those songs would make my list of the best (say, 25) Racer X songs. I didn't expect an entire CD of songs like "Superheroes" or "17th Moon", but one really heavy tune would have been nice (especially in light of the CD title). There's lots of great performances by all the guys on this CD ... but as you all must know by now, I'm a metal-head, and if it's not bone-crushingly heavy I'm not going to be entirely satisfied. Of course, opinions may differ.

It kind reminds me of what Judas Priest went through in the early 80s. British Steel was a great LP (like Superheroes) but then they released Point of Entry ... not a bad LP, but definitely a let down by comparison. Fortunately, Priest came back with arguably their best CD ever, Screaming for Vengeance. Hopefully, the X-Men will do the same

I haven't changed my opinion.

Fri May 09, 2003 6:55 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Alot of people, fans at that, dissed megadeth when they started writing softer songs.

I always heard that Marty was the one pressing the band to go more "pop". But I'd have to question that after listening to "Music For Speeding" -- kick ass album! However, I still can't listen to RISK.

Fri May 09, 2003 12:44 pm
Site Admin

Oh for fucks sake...so he does not like it...its his opinion! I myself was just playing it and love it, but Im not going to trash this guy for having a opinion!

Exactly....Please don't trash someone over their opinion of music....especially music...it's so subjective.

Downloading MP3's...No bueno. Racer X is NOT Britney where they have millions and get millions.....

Regards,
Ken

Fri May 09, 2003 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Since you obviously havent been on this board very long, you really dont understand that thread titles more often than not, are written in a sarcastic form. I.E. they dont really mean what you think they do, or they often have nothing to do with the actual thread.

I've been on the board longer than you, DR, and I happen to know, that statement is false.

Manimal, you were wise by only downloading a few songs. Ken, why would someone buy a CD just to waste the money when they're not going to like the outcome? Thats a horrible choice. Downloading MP3s is perfect for sampling the album before buying it. He didnt rip off Racer X. Would you rather have a displeased fan who is angry at the band for disappointing them and making them completely waste their money, than have someone who downloaded a few songs to sample it?

Shred, I know what you mean by not liking Risk. I got it when it first came out in 1999, expecting to hear an album that would suceede the album before, Cryptic Writings. I guess I thought wrong, because I hated Risk... its too often that bands slow down and forget all about their heavy metal roots. Im constantly afraid to think that Symphony X will go down that path, or GWAR.

Fri May 09, 2003 8:12 pm
King Of The Monsters

As I said on one topic before, I think this album is more "hard rock" than "heavy metal", but itr ROCKS!

Image Image

Sat May 31, 2003 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

.And the production of Paul is really good,than other racer x albums,like superheroes.Just listen it!

I do think the production of the last 3 albums were very clear and well done. They are clearer than say, Second Heat. But somehow, I think the low quality production of the old albums is one of the elements that made them rock harder, and sound more metal. I think the production of the new albums is excellent, but I just think it is not, I'll say "suitable" for metal. But that's just my take on it, you all have every right to disagree! 8)

Chris

Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next