View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next
 Sean Pierce's All-Purpose Pedal Thread 
Superhero

Hey Eric, you might also like to consider looking at a compression pedal, as they will make your clean sound sparkle :)

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:52 am
Viking Kong

Hey Eric, you might also like to consider looking at a compression pedal, as they will make your clean sound sparkle :)

+1. I use the PODxt compression on my recordings. I like how it really puts...sort of a subtle edge to the tone of clean guitar tones.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:05 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Okay homies.. does anyone know anything about either the Analogman or Keeley Boss DD-3 mods?? There's like 0 info on the Analogman on the net, and the Keeley doesn't clarify too much. I'd like to hear em in action.

For Keeley the mod costs 99 with an efx loop mod.. 69 without.. is it worth 30 extra dollars?

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:51 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
Okay homies.. does anyone know anything about either the Analogman or Keeley Boss DD-3 mods?? There's like 0 info on the Analogman on the net, and the Keeley doesn't clarify too much. I'd like to hear em in action.

For Keeley the mod costs 99 with an efx loop mod.. 69 without.. is it worth 30 extra dollars?

From what I've gathered, both mods essentially go into the circuit and switch chips that make the echoes sound more like an analog delay than the "crisper" digital sound.

Is the effects loop worth it? I guess so, if you want to put a modulation effect on your repeats. I'm sure there are other uses for a loop on the pedal. Check the Harmony Central forums and see if anyone has any info. I normally don't like Harmony Central but you seem desperate for info.

By the way...anyone want to tell us about any experience with pedals that have built in effects loops.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:06 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Is the effects loop worth it? Maybe. If the pedal you have in the loop of the pedal isn't true bypass, it can suck tone like your teethless grandmother sucks an orange.

Of course this depends on the pedal itself.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:40 pm
God Of The Sun

anyone tried boosting a DS-1 with an SD-1? how does it sound? do you really recommend?

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:31 pm
God Of The Sun

anyone tried boosting a DS-1 with an SD-1? how does it sound? do you really recommend?

do you mean boosting the gain or boosting the volume?

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Volkan wrote:

I meant boosting the gain. you know, like boosting an amps drive. can I use it like that or will I get extraordinary feedback?

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:36 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Sean Pierce wrote:
Volkan wrote:

I meant boosting the gain. you know, like boosting an amps drive. can I use it like that or will I get extraordinary feedback?

Depends on your definition of extraordinary.. like if you think Paul's tone on Superheroes is extraordinary then yes the feedback will be EXTRAORDINARY!! :wink:

Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Volkan wrote:
Sean Pierce wrote:
Volkan wrote:

Depends on your definition of extraordinary.. like if you think Paul's tone on Superheroes is extraordinary then yes the feedback will be EXTRAORDINARY!! :wink:

Correct. What amp are you using Volkan?

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:19 pm
God Of The Sun

EricF wrote:
Volkan wrote:
Sean Pierce wrote:
Volkan wrote:

Well...he's using a DS-1.

So Volkan...first off you'd need to put the Overdrive BEFORE the Distortion pedal to boost the gain.
My advice...DO NOT crank the gain on the overdrive. Cranking the gain on both will just create BAD feedback.

I can't say that the sound of the two BOSS pedals will sound great, BUT tone and sound is all subjective.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:43 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Refried Bean wrote:
EricF wrote:
Volkan wrote:
Sean Pierce wrote:
Volkan wrote:

Well...he's using a DS-1.

So Volkan...first off you'd need to put the Overdrive BEFORE the Distortion pedal to boost the gain.
My advice...DO NOT crank the gain on the overdrive. Cranking the gain on both will just create BAD feedback.

I can't say that the sound of the two BOSS pedals will sound great, BUT tone and sound is all subjective.

currently I only have a 10w practice amp, nothing fancy :P

what about a ts9 instead of the SD-1? I love the sound on snowball of doom dvd, and I saw paul using a ds1 and a ts9 (I may be wrong tho) and he's using a clean amp right? coz on godzilla, he's got a pure clean sound on the intro :?

Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:44 am
Motorman

what about a ts9 instead of the SD-1? I love the sound on snowball of doom dvd, and I saw paul using a ds1 and a ts9 (I may be wrong tho) and he's using a clean amp right? coz on godzilla, he's got a pure clean sound on the intro :?

I'm sure paul uses the amp for distortion and the TS and DS-1 for boosting and different flavouring. A ds-1 in front of a clean amp will only give you a decent grunge sound IMO.

Why not try the DS-1 with the level and distortion maxed in front of your amps distortion. That should give you plenty of juice!

Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:05 am
Viking Kong

I have a Marshall AVT275 and I really like it`s tone. I also have a TS9 for booting the gain. The problem is that I find myself with little sustain. A note won`t last for 5 seconds. Also, I don`t want to put the gain all the way up on the amp/pedal, because then the distortion becomes waaaay too noisy!

What should I do to improve the sustain?

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:53 am
Profile YIM
Superhero

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:48 pm
God Of The Sun

Volkan wrote:

I'm sure paul uses the amp for distortion and the TS and DS-1 for boosting and different flavouring. A ds-1 in front of a clean amp will only give you a decent grunge sound IMO.

Why not try the DS-1 with the level and distortion maxed in front of your amps distortion. That should give you plenty of juice!

I used to do that and I was happy with it, but lately I started disliking the tone because it has no "bigness" I don't know how to describe it, it sounds so thin. dunno, the amp is kinda no name, so that might be the problem. I wanna try the marshal 10 watt and the laney lg12

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:24 pm
Viking Kong

Have you tried cranking the amp?

Of course when I play louder, the sustain is better, but still, I can`t hold a note for too long...

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:52 pm
Profile YIM
Godzilla

A compressor pedal will help with sustain.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:37 pm
Motorman

ikke_998 wrote:
Volkan wrote:

I used to do that and I was happy with it, but lately I started disliking the tone because it has no "bigness" I don't know how to describe it, it sounds so thin. dunno, the amp is kinda no name, so that might be the problem. I wanna try the marshal 10 watt and the laney lg12

a bigger speaker/higher powered practis amp might help!
I wouldn't recommend laney or marshall practise amps, cuz it is not because their higher priced amps are good that their lowered priced amps are too!
I love my roland cube 30 but recently I heard a Vox Valvetronix 50 and the high gain tones sounded equally good or even better then the cube.
I think roland/vox will give you better tones for the cheap money.
But its al subjective so its best to just go and try them all out at a store!

I once asked to try out an ocd instore (I did not intend to buy it) and they suggested that I could try it out through a 2500€ bogner with a 1500€ ernie ball musicma axis, that really made my day... trying out stuff is fun :twisted:

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:02 pm
God Of The Sun

I bought a new guitar, so I can't buy any bigger amps now. I'm planning on not buying anything for a year and making my parents buy a head for me :lol:

anyone recommends the marshall 10 watts? :P

Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next