View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 36  Next
 Sean Pierce's All-Purpose Pedal Thread 
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
Don't know if any of you guys are into building your own effects or anything similar but here's a great place to start:

It's called Build Your Own Clone (http://www.buildyourownclone.com/).
Here's kind of how it works...these guys search for the correct parts and put together the components and make the circuit board. They put all this with a metal housing and bone-head simple instructions.
Now all that's left is for you to get out you soldering iron, follow the instructions and with a little patience you can have a "Ram Head-spec" Big Muff, a "grey" DOD 250 overdrive, a killer digital delay that has analog warmth, and even a 10-band graphic EQ pedal.

Some of these parts are incredibly hard to come by and some of their kits are replicas of CLASSIC and discontinued favorites.

PLUS...with your first order you get a FREE kit called the confidence booster. It really is a booster, but I think you guys get the name.

Check it out, their stuff is really good.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

Found this site: http://www.fuzzybogart.com/

Many educational things there about gear.

Even has an interview with Mike Landau. If you don't know him or never heard his name before, you have been missing out on some of the best playing the last 30 years.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:51 pm
God Of The Sun

Looks like Mike Fuller has been up to something cause Fulltone's got a couple new toys coming out: The Catalyst and the CFV-2!

www.fulltone.com

Check em out! That Catalyst sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

As promised my pics were taken, I just haven't had the chance to upload 'em. I've been pretty damned busy. Good show Friday! :)

Hours earlier...

Later...

from left to right (kinda):

Dunlop 95Q Wah, Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress, Boss DS-1 Keeley Ultra Mod, Fulltone OCD, (underneath: Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor), Analogman Chorus, Boss DD-3 Digital Delay, (and bottom right "E") Sonic Research ST-200 Turbo Tuner.

Underneath the dd-3 is my voodoo labs power pedal plus which is powering everything but the wah and tuner. (batteries) The footswitch is the Mesa FU-3 footswitch to my amp.

If anyone is wondering my chain it goes like this...

1st chain: Guitar >> ST-200 > Boss NS-2 (INPUT) >> Amp
2nd chain: Boss NS-2 (EFFECTS SEND) >> Dunlop 95Q > EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress > Boss DS-1 > Fulltone OCD >> Boss NS-2 (EFFECTS RETURN)
3rd chain: Amp EFX Loop (SEND) >> Boss DD-3 > Analogman Chorus >> Amp EFX Loop (RETURN)

more pics:
left half

right half

back view

ampppppp

:)

How often do you gig dude?! its seems pretty overkill xD

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:32 am
God Of The Sun

EricF wrote:
As promised my pics were taken, I just haven't had the chance to upload 'em. I've been pretty damned busy. Good show Friday! :)

Hours earlier...

Later...

Dunlop 95Q Wah, Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress, Boss DS-1 Keeley Ultra Mod, Fulltone OCD, (underneath: Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor), Analogman Chorus, Boss DD-3 Digital Delay, (and bottom right "E") Sonic Research ST-200 Turbo Tuner.

Underneath the dd-3 is my voodoo labs power pedal plus which is powering everything but the wah and tuner. (batteries) The footswitch is the Mesa FU-3 footswitch to my amp.

2nd chain: Boss NS-2 (EFFECTS SEND) >> Dunlop 95Q > EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress > Boss DS-1 > Fulltone OCD >> Boss NS-2 (EFFECTS RETURN)
3rd chain: Amp EFX Loop (SEND) >> Boss DD-3 > Analogman Chorus >> Amp EFX Loop (RETURN)

more pics:
left half

right half

back view

ampppppp

It's not overkill.
If he had a full stack...THEN I would say it would be overkill.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:00 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

EricF wrote:

Hours earlier...

Later...

more pics:
left half

right half

back view

ampppppp

It's not overkill.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Well eric also has like a million guitars and stuff. :lol:. Wish i were that fortunate. Anywhoos, nice stuff. 8)

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:36 am
Viking Kong

Sorry for the double post but, I need an opinion on EQ pedals. Sometimes my amps sound to me to be to much on the high end fizzle, would an EQ in the effects loop fix this/help?

If so, which is the best kind?

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:49 am
God Of The Sun

Sorry for the double post but, I need an opinion on EQ pedals. Sometimes my amps sound to me to be to much on the high end fizzle, would an EQ in the effects loop fix this/help?

What kind of amp are you using?

An EQ pedal is a good way to fix up your sound. Most of the high end for electric guitar starts to roll off around 7-8kHz. Most guitar speaker cabinets roll off after that.
The sort of high end after that would be up to about 13kHz, if I'm not mistaken. It should be easy to control from your amps front end.

Again, think about this...all amps are built around the same basic circuit, but what makes all amps different are the parts and other components the companies use.
I could better answer your question if I knew what amp you had.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

found a picture of my setup so far
korg pitchblack -> fulltone ocd -> way huge swollen pickle mk2 -> mxr carbon copy -> line 6 dl4 (might be getting rid of).

coming up next voodoo lab pedal power 2+, detox eq, hbe thc, phaser (not sure which one :)), pedaltrain pedal board

2002 Gibson SG Spc
1989 Fender Strat w/ Area '61 MIA
1987 Ibanez RG550

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:42 am
God Of The Sun

found a picture of my setup so far
korg pitchblack -> fulltone ocd -> way huge swollen pickle mk2 -> mxr carbon copy -> line 6 dl4 (might be getting rid of).

coming up next voodoo lab pedal power 2+, detox eq, hbe thc, phaser (not sure which one :)), pedaltrain pedal board

how do you like that new way huge swollen pickle?
pretty sick little box huh?

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

yeah right when i heard it demo'd back in july (i think) i was sold and i was waiting for it to come out forever (it was supposed to hit GC in october '08!) all it took for me was to throw it on an amp for 2 minutes and i was for sure hooked.

2002 Gibson SG Spc
1989 Fender Strat w/ Area '61 MIA
1987 Ibanez RG550

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:50 pm
Viking Kong

Refried Bean wrote:

An EQ pedal is a good way to fix up your sound. Most of the high end for electric guitar starts to roll off around 7-8kHz. Most guitar speaker cabinets roll off after that.
The sort of high end after that would be up to about 13kHz, if I'm not mistaken. It should be easy to control from your amps front end.

Again, think about this...all amps are built around the same basic circuit, but what makes all amps different are the parts and other components the companies use.

I'm using a Peavy 6505+ into a Valveking Cab.

And a Laney GH50L into the same cab.

Crappy amps I know. But I was thinking the Pedal would also be useful for shaping my PODxt tone a little more as well.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:49 pm
God Of The Sun

Sean Pierce wrote:
Refried Bean wrote:

I'm using a Peavy 6505+ into a Valveking Cab.

And a Laney GH50L into the same cab.

Crappy amps I know. But I was thinking the Pedal would also be useful for shaping my PODxt tone a little more as well.

Crappy amps? Like hell.
What are you using the PODxt for? Effects?
Or are you using all of these seperately?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:29 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Oh, I'm using the PODxt for recording, not into my amps or anything. The POD has a pretty limited eq curve sometimes, so it'd be nice to expand it and be able to cut some frequencies and boost others.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:34 am
God Of The Sun

Oh, I'm using the PODxt for recording, not into my amps or anything. The POD has a pretty limited eq curve sometimes, so it'd be nice to expand it and be able to cut some frequencies and boost others.

Usually when you record...the microphones make you're EQ almost unnecessary. Just last weekend I was tracking with my Orange: two mics, a Shure SM57 and a Sennheisser MD-421; the mids on my amp were on about 6-7, the more I brought in the 421 the Lo-Mids took over, giving the guitar sound an almost "scooped" quality.
But when it comes to the POD...that obviously will not be an option. You could use the EQ pedal and try it but when it comes to recording, I save EQing for after tracking is done anyways.

I guess I'm not gonna be much help.

BUT...if you want to try it, GO FOR IT!

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:32 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Though, I was wondering if the EQ would help something like my Peavy and Laney. (sorry to nitpick about that).

:) .

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:57 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

El_jefe wrote:

It's not overkill.

Haha!! :lol: I'm surprised someone didn't say that earlier.. actually the 4x12 isn't mine it belongs to a friend. The 2x12 is actually the only cab I own but that would qualify as underkill wouldn't it? :P

Just in case anyones wondering my guitar collection is as follows:

Ibanez DT420CA (red destroyer)
Ibanez DT420BP (black destroyer)
Ibanez RG7321 (xified 7 string)
Ibanez PGM100 (soon to be sold)
Takamine GS330S (acoustic)
and 'samick' bass and classical (crap)

Ok I had a question for you guys.. what is a good pedal to boost my cleans.. or like give my clean tone a more FULL sound?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Xotic RC booster or Scott henderson Sig RC booster. thats what i use never turn it off!

Real neat pedal

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:13 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Crap man that thing sounds really good! I'm watching the pro guitar shop demo right now. It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for.. when I use boosts with my drive and lead channels then go back to my clean channel it just sounds a little thin compared to the other channels.

It's pretty pricey though.. I might be able to get one after the 100s gone.

oh yeah and PGA1000dude mentioned that dan electro vibe pedal. You guys have any experience with it?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 36  Next