View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Shred Neck 
Dr. X

Post Shred Neck
Anybody ever seen these before?

http://www.shredneck.com/about.html

I'm not entirely sure what the point is in them apart from being easier to transport around than a whole guitar. Hmmm. I think it's a kinda cool idea though.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought!

(Apologies if this is old news, tried the search button but as you can imagine it's a little taxing when you're looking for the words shred and neck. For some crazy reason those words are quite abundant on this forum :roll: )

:D

Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I have one and I use it quite frequently. The point of it is not to replace a guitar, it is a warm up tool only. So don’t let the tuning pegs fool ya, they are for string tension and not for actual tuning (The Shredneck makes no music or sound).

Me and two other buddies carpool over to a friend’s house to jam on a regular basis. The drive is a 15 – 20 minute drive. So while my one friend drives, I’ll usually sit in the passenger seat using it for the whole car ride over there to make sure I am nice and warmed up by the time we get there. You just rest the headstock against your leg while you are in a sitting position and fret it with your left hand and do scale runs and stuff to get your fingers all limber and ready to play. It works quite well and I recommend it for people who want to arrive to gigs, jams, etc all warmed up and ready to go immediately.

It might be pricey for some, but it's totally worth it if you have a need for it. Especially for those who might have to endure long car rides to your gigs :wink:

Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:49 pm
Motorman

Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:54 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

If LoQ endorses them, I believe it. Unfortunately though all the driving done to my gigs will be by me.. so no chance to warm up in the car. I'll remember to look into if I ever need something like it.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]