View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 I had a webcam lesson with Greg Howe today! 
is the Siren's Eye

Post I had a webcam lesson with Greg Howe today!
I had my first webcam lesson with Greg Howe today and I am still in shock. I didn't know what to expect when I first signed up for these and have to admit that I didn't expect much. I've been teaching for 10 years now and It's one thing to be a great player, but to teach is something that is not easy. After the full 1 hour was over I just sat at my computer scratching my head for at least 30 minutes trying to understand what had just happened. Greg is not only a phenomenal teacher and player but a great guy too.

It is totally worth the money, I recommend everyone check it out.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:30 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Cool man! What kind of things did he go over? Links for more info/sign up?

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Yeah dude. Also how much? How/when do you pay? How fast does he go over stuff? Does he have homework for people so that you could go over more stuff even after the webcam lesson? Are you allowed to record it? How is the set up, do you guys talk with the microphone or by chat so that you won't have to repeat yourself? Do you ask him specific questions before you start the lesson or does he have something randomly prepared for you?

Sorry for all the questions. This actually got me excited!

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:39 am
King Of The Monsters

Greg rocks.

Image Image

Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Wow. that's awesome. Just think, this technology wasn't available 10 years ago. Man I love the internet. 8)

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:18 pm
God Of The Sun

lol imagine opening the webcam and seeing greg completely nude and jumping all around the house :lol:

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:54 pm
God Of The Sun

lol imagine opening the webcam and seeing greg completely nude and jumping all around the house :lol:

LOL!!

Congrats, lesson sounds awesome, how much is it?

Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:30 pm
God Of The Sun

i was going to go for one actually, theyre $70 if i remember right...but don quote me on that

they sent me details but i must have deleted them :s

are you sent a video for the lesson after? if so im in! lol

Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

Cool man! What kind of things did he go over? Links for more info/sign up?

For me personally we got into phrasing approaches and playing outside. I was also interested in some of the hybrid picking stuff he does. But, basically he doesn’t have a curriculum at all he just tries to address whatever your specific requests are. Email [email protected] to get info and sign up.

Quote:
Yeah dude. Also how much? How/when do you pay? How fast does he go over stuff? Does he have homework for people so that you could go over more stuff even after the webcam lesson? Are you allowed to record it? How is the set up, do you guys talk with the microphone or by chat so that you won't have to repeat yourself? Do you ask him specific questions before you start the lesson or does he have something randomly prepared for you?

Sorry for all the questions. This actually got me excited!

The way it works is you have two dates that are scheduled, one is a test date with his assistant (I think it might be his wife or girlfriend) just to make sure the audio and video thing is cool and the other is the lesson date, but you obviously only pay for the lesson date. She emails an invoice on the test date and you pay through Paypal. It’s $75.00 for 1 hour, but I’ll probably end up signing up for the 4 lesson thing which is $250.00, so I’ll save a little bit. He took as much time as I needed, but I was recording the lesson so it really wasn’t necessary to spend too much time on any one thing because I knew I could go back and listen. It’s total live audio and video and we just talk like were in the same room. Sometimes there was a little video lag but for the most part it was very cool.

I really didn’t know what to expect, but it was really cool to see how relaxed the thing was. I think Greg was actually wearing his pajamas :lol:

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:01 pm
Superhero

edit N/M, thats cool!

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]