View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 FutureSound..Im not affiliated! Just spreading the word 
Superhero

Post FutureSound..Im not affiliated! Just spreading the word
So some guy at Ultimate-guitar (shiver) posted in the classified section. I posted this back.

Hey futuresounds (may we have a name by the way?) I have a question.

How are you getting this gear discounted? Is it all used? You said you could possibly get me the gear for a used price, new condition.

???

Absolutely, my name is Russell. (Don't tell anyone...LOL)

Here's how I'm getting it dicscounted...I am already or in a lot of these instances going to be a dealer for these companies. I already sell many instruments, but mainly for beginners. In order to get into the bigger manufactures (i.e. Gibson, Taylor, Fender, Ibanez) I have to buy a LOT of merchandise up front as a dealer. We're talking $20-$100K worth of merchandise at my cost. That's a LOT of merch.

Being smaller, I do not have the money to do that immediately. The unfortunate thing is I have a lot of students who want some of these instruments but not enought to justify spending $100K to make $500. So, if I get them in bulk and already have them sold, I am out nothing, make very little, but most importantly, am officially a dealer for some major companies. From there, I can place smaller orders and still get good deals.

Here's how the discount works...a normal guitar is marked up 30-40% from the dealers "Cost". This is not usually because the dealer is a jerk, it's because there is a MAP on the item. This is what the dealer is allowed to advertise the item at without getting in trouble. It's called Manufactured Advertised Price. These keeps dealers from undercutting other dealers. Now, a dealer cannot advertise below this price, but we can sell it for whatever we want. I have not advertised prices here yet...I've just given generally ideas and will do pricing on a individual basis after someone is interested. That will be done via PM/Email/or phone as to not break any rules.

If I get a big enough group, everyone's happy. Manufacturer makes a lot, I make a little, and you save a LOT.

Hope this clears this up.

Oh, and it's NEW gear.

Spread the word!

I hope this isn't against the rules. I just think it's fantastic. Maybe someone should get him over here too..?? I really encourage you to go look at the thread, it'll make more sense. In any case - happy cheap buying!

I'm FullTank over there, btw.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:59 pm
Superhero

Essentially this dude orders products from a big company, and resells them making 10% profit compared to big companies who make 30%. We get a deal, he gets a lot of business. Thing is, he has to get 15-20 people wanting a product from the same company to make these discounts.

7 ibanez requests so far!

HOORAY!

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:22 pm
Superhero

Already had 2 racerx people go over and post!

For example

I got a deal from him for a BLAZING NEW IBANEZ PGM301 WARRANTY AND ALL 1k TOTAL! shipped! only $1000!!

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:21 pm
Godzilla

Already had 2 racerx people go over and post!

For example

I got a deal from him for a BLAZING NEW IBANEZ PGM301 WARRANTY AND ALL 1k TOTAL! shipped! only $1000!!

Truely incredible price mate.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:39 pm
Superhero

And an Rg321MH for only $209. This is seriously Incredible.

2-3 more ibanez requests and it can happen.

3 more dimarzio pickup requests, 6 straps and 6 cables and we have that too! I really encourage you guys to go look at the thread and spread the word. This is fantastic! Best thing since...well...ibanezrules

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:39 pm
Superhero

By the way, In a little while his prices will go up a small margin. Were talking small, but in any case, get them orders in! The more I recruit, the more I save, the more you save, the more he makes, the more ibanez makes...win win win! Friend me when you get there, FullTank

Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]