View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Kaizen 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Kaizen
I saw one of your video lessons once, and you mentioned other lessons on an ftp. Is it public? If so, can I have the IP/port/login/pass?

Thanks,
Manimal

Sat May 17, 2003 6:28 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Thanks for asking. The FTP in question is the guitarwar.com website's FTP, and a lot of players put lessons/vids/mp3s/tabs there, but it's only for GW members.

However, a player on the GW site who goes by the screen name "Lefthandhack" has a website with a number of my vids and many other things as well. The url is http://www.lefthandhack.com and the guy who runs the site is very cool. While you're there, the lessons by Justin Wakely, Jonezter, and LHH are definitely worth downloading.

Soon, I hope to have my site up and running, and I'll be putting a number of vids on there. With work, recording, and general slackness slowing me down, I'm not sure when it'll be up, but I'm workin' on it!

Sat May 17, 2003 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Hey Kaizen....just checked out those vids...very nice man. We still need to have a massive Atlanta shred session! - Dave

Mon May 19, 2003 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

I checked out some of those vids (Dial up) sorry Kaizen, i havent seen any of youres yet, but cool sstuff.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Mon May 19, 2003 7:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

cool...thanks for this link Kaizen.Awesome playing!!!!

Mon May 19, 2003 9:34 pm
Profile ICQ
is evil...Evil Joe

Mon May 19, 2003 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Come on paltalk more Chad!

Mon May 19, 2003 11:56 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Yeah, Kronos, I've gotta get on there more. Work has been pretty time consuming lately, and even though it hasn't impacted my playing time, it cuts into my internet time :( Should be slowing down a bit soon enough.

Roman, I know what ya mean about dialup. Somebody will mention that a vid took them a few seconds to download and I'm thinking, "man, that took me 45 minutes to upload!" lol I've got a few clips that are 20 meg or so that I have to put online eventually, and I am dreading it.

Shred, sorry I didn't make it to the Vai gig. Got caught up at...yes... work (see a pattern here?) My email has changed, but if you want to get together, give me a yell at [email protected]. If you know any other players, maybe we'll get a big jam session going. Any other Rx board members from the Atlanta region?

Tue May 20, 2003 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

the red guitar you are playing in the clip "Arp Progression 1"....is it a Brian Moore?Can you tell me a bit about it?Construction etc....

and....the backing track from the same clip where you play this cool solo at the beginning......is it available somewhere?

Thanks very much!!! :D

Tue May 20, 2003 7:44 pm
Profile ICQ
is evil...Evil Joe

Good eyes, Fabman. Yep, that is a Brian Moore and it is absolutely an excellent guitar. It is one of the "I" series (import) as opposed to the "C" series. Having checked out both kinds, I can honestly say that, while the finish details like neck binding and such are superior on the customs, the import series is comparable in terms of playability, tone, feel, material quality, and construction. The great thing is that since Brian Moore is not a huge name like Fender or Gibson, you can find them on eBay for a fraction of the original price.

The red one in the vid came standard with coil splitters for both Seymour Duncan humbuckers (not "Duncan Designed," btw). It has a fixed bridge and locking tuners, is 22 frets, and is extremely light and comfortable. The tone is smooth and even all over the neck, and it can get a wide range of tones.

As for the track in the beginning of the vid, I recorded that backing pretty quickly just to have something to noodle over on that vid. Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed not too long after, and that, along with about 80-something other tunes, was toast. If I get around to redoing it at some point, I'll post the backing on my site when it's finished. Sorry I can't be of much help at the moment :(

Feel free to email with any questions about the Brian Moore stuff and I'll do my best to answer.

Tue May 20, 2003 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

Thanks for the link, the videos are awesome, any plans to do more?

Wed May 21, 2003 1:35 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Thanks! Yes, I have plans to do more of them, and actually have some done already that I haven't uploaded yet, primarily because they are large files and I have the slowest connection known to man.

Wed May 21, 2003 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

Short request for a backing to Away. I know it died but <-- If you ever make another one send it this way.

That reminds me, what did you use to make that backing. My midi setup is a bit lacking for good drums..

Wed May 21, 2003 8:44 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

For midi drums, I usually use the Battery VST with sounds from the Kalava drum archive. I use a Midiman Oxygen keyboard to play the drum parts (tracked in Cubase), and this works well enough for me to demo tunes.

For final tracks, I use live acoustic drums.

Wed May 21, 2003 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]