View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bridge Question #2 
Superhero

Post Bridge Question #2
Ok last time I had a problem with the strings fitting into my bridge but now that has been resolved, but now I noticed another problem. On the bridge where my D string rests there is a rattle whenever I play the string. Not sure of the official name. But it is a small pad that slides up and down the bridge to change the intenation and the string sits on it.

When I look at my other strings the bridge for those lays perfectly flat on the main piece of the bridge. The D string does not sit flat, it seems a little high. So it pivots left/right a little bit on the screw (where you adjust intenation). I can't figure out why this one is higher than the others and not sitting on the bridge. What should I do?

Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:13 am
Superhero

No one knows how to solve this? It has been happening more and more and it is really annoying me. If no one can help I'll go to a shop but I'd rather try and fix it myself. I've tried doing a lot of random things to my guitar and this is the only part that buzzzes, so I know what it is. I can't figure out how or why the part I described sits higher than all the others. It makes no sense! Someone PLEASE help.

Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:43 am
God Of The Sun

Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:57 am
Superhero

I was thinking that too, gimme a little time and I will put up a pic that shows it better. I need a day or two though, thanks for the help.

Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:12 am
Superhero

Just incase you guys were interested I found the problem. After screwing around with it for a few hours and taking it to a guitar tech I realized that the D string's saddle was off. Somehow after hours of playing the screw unwound itself and allowed the saddle to move, letting it buzz. This problem is developing on my other strings too, just a poor design by schecter I guess.

So most likely I am going to buy a new bridge and have them put it in. Any preferences on brands of bridges??? I want something high quality so this problem never happens again.

Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:23 pm
Superhero

Yeah I finally fixed the problem!! I'm just posting this incase anyone was interested or if this is happening to your guitar.

The bad buzz on my guitar was from the saddle on the bridge. After taking the bridge apart I found that the screw that controls the saddle was fairly short and did not go all the way thru the bridge. After looking at it for a long time I realized that my bridge was designed this way. This "problem" was slowly happening on a few strings so the bridge design just sucked balls. So I got a new bridge (not a replacement Schecter one) and all the problems are gone. After seeing my bridge apart and then this new one I see the problem. This new one is very nice and he screw goes thru the bridge and is actually held in place by a nut on the other side so it cannot move.

So in conclusion that was the problem and how I fixed it. If you own or buy a Schecter guitar they are very very good for the money. All the parts seem to be ver high quality, except for this bridge. So keep a look out for yours messing up like mine did.

Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:51 am
is the Siren's Eye

Check out a Tone Pros bridge. Works very well...and is pretty a drop in replacement for your schecter bridge. Actually all of the Schecters come with them straight from the factory now.

Dennis

Mooshu

Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]