View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Serrana tabs anyone? 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Serrana tabs anyone?
Does anyone have the tab for the sweeps in Becker's Serrana?

Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:47 am
Profile YIM
King Of The Monsters

A cool version of this AMAZING song is available on GP3 (www.mysongbook.com).

Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:53 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Post Re: Serrana tabs anyone?
Goofy wrote:
Does anyone have the tab for the sweeps in Becker's Serrana?

Not to undermine the email thing but this way everyone can get it:

http://www.powertabs.net/odin/tablature ... errana.ptb

Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:36 am
Superhero

does anyone know where the intro classical fingerpicked tab is???!!

or any other part of serrana, i know ben (who i havn't seen a post by, for ages) tabbed a bit of the song from 0:32 to 1:20ish..

ps: i would really appreciate any comments on this, i was gonna start a new topic asking about it. :)

Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:13 pm
God Of The Sun

Okay, i have a tablature of all the fingerpicked part, but I watched the video of Jason playing it, and the tab is completely wrong from the way he plays it. As for the tablature of the sweeps on PowerTabs.net. That tablature is wrong, that is NOT how Jason plays the arpeggios, even if it does sound right. If you wanna play it right, I think Takeshi tabbed it out right, and I've got a .txt that a friend of mine tabbed out according to how Jason plays it on the video (www.jasonbecker.com). The tablature is on Takeshi's site, but I don't know the URL, I think Kronos does... :D If you want the .txt, go ahead and feel free to Instant Message me on "FKi", catch me on PalTalk as " iarry " or email me at [email protected]

Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:08 pm
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

Post playing serrana
I've been trying to get Seranna down smooth for just about a year now, and just some advice for those learning the sweep section. You can kinda fudge your way through it with hammer-ons and pull offs on the high and low strings, but if you really want to get it right like JB does, you have to learn that sweep technique of jumping over the "turn-around" string and quickly alternate picking it. Few artists I have seen really do this well, but Micheal Romeo and Jason Becker do, if that tells you somthing about how it makes sweeps sound. Back to the ol' metronome ;). Good luck folks. BTW, the mysongbook one is pretty good and gives comfortable hand positions for the most part. There is a video you can download on Kazaa that helps too.

Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:05 pm
Superhero

I saw a Mpeg of what appeared to be Paul Gilbert playing this. Though it showed the player chin down whomever it was played it flawlessly, was playing a PG Model Ibanez, had his hair (when it was long), and build. Anyone else out there see this??

Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

I saw a Mpeg of what appeared to be Paul Gilbert playing this. Though it showed the player chin down whomever it was played it flawlessly, was playing a PG Model Ibanez, had his hair (when it was long), and build. Anyone else out there see this??

that my friend was Take. A sick ass guitar player from Japan(I think).

He is REALLY good. lol

Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

http://racer-x-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/serrana.html

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/shredpit/divers/serrana.ptb

Am I a fucking Hero or what?

Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:47 am
Superhero

Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:58 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Post the Kazaa video
The Kazaa video I think most are referencing here is that one with the guy playing the Racer X guitar, it usually says Paul Gilbert but I bet it is that Japanese guy someone mentioned just based on the style, it doesn't look like PGs. Now, I have to say this, and take a deep breath everyone, while he does play it very smoothly, he bullshits his way through all the turn arounds and if you look and listen carefully you will see he is skipping a note each turn and the timing is just the slightest bit off as a result. Don't get me wrong, I'm probably a year or so away from pulling it off anywhere close to that, but if you really want to do it right, download the video of Jason Becker that has him playing while playing with a yo-yo (curses!!! curses Jason Becker!!! TOO GOOD!!!), and that will show you the real legit way to play it.

Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:41 pm
Superhero

Post Re: the Kazaa video
Racerxified wrote:
The Kazaa video I think most are referencing here is that one with the guy playing the Racer X guitar, it usually says Paul Gilbert but I bet it is that Japanese guy someone mentioned just based on the style, it doesn't look like PGs. Now, I have to say this, and take a deep breath everyone, while he does play it very smoothly, he bullshits his way through all the turn arounds and if you look and listen carefully you will see he is skipping a note each turn and the timing is just the slightest bit off as a result. Don't get me wrong, I'm probably a year or so away from pulling it off anywhere close to that, but if you really want to do it right, download the video of Jason Becker that has him playing while playing with a yo-yo (curses!!! curses Jason Becker!!! TOO GOOD!!!), and that will show you the real legit way to play it.

Yeah the video you mentioned is the one i personally have. I got a video of Becker doing it but the video was WAY old. Camera too far away to tell what he was doing.

Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:43 am
Superhero

its the BEST!!! BEST!! BEST!!!! geetar vid EVER!

...so very moving :cry:

AND you can see how he plays the serrana arpegios clearly.. and the fingerpick part. and loads of otha' sheeat!

Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:41 am
Motorman

the old cacophony stuff with friedman was insane.....i never questioned when he left megadeth....the stuff they were doing wasnt even taxing him....its like a race car stuck in 1st gear

Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:55 am
God Of The Sun

Marty rocks. He's so damn good with Melodic improv. If you've seen his instructional video. Wow. :shock:

Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:51 pm
Profile YIM
Superhero

yea, ive got that vid.. but i still think jason is the most musical of the two.

Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]