View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 HELP! Friend looking for Acoustic Guitar in $200 range.. 
Site Admin

Post HELP! Friend looking for Acoustic Guitar in $200 range..
Is this possible...I know nothing of acoustics.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

Yes there are a bunch. But for $200 you are basically at bottom of the line for most companies. That is not a bad thing, just letting you know. For starters you can get mine:

http://www.racerxband.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1244

It is the second post on the thread. You can easily get it for under $200. If you haggle I am sure you can get the one above mine, forget it's name though. I think acoustics at $200 are really simple. Any company you go with should be fine. Anyone can call me an idiot if you like but that is what I have found atleast. Just decide if your friend wants a Steel String or Nylon and there you go.

Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:41 pm
Site Admin

Great..thanks. It's a gift...so it would have to be new. I should say too....this guy isn't the 2nd coming of John Denver....so, some super swanky acoustic wouldn't be necessary.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

Yeah then just try to get the best deal you can at a Guitar Center and you should be fine. I've heard good things about Corts lower end guitars, lots of people seem to like them. Also I would go steel string. I like it more than nylon and steel string has a little less ahstle with it. Easier to put in tune and a lot easier to re-string it. You can give them a play and see which one you like. But I'm sure your friend would do great with mine, sounds better than it costs. I'm sure if you haggle you can get it down to like 130 easy, something like that atleast.

Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:57 pm
Motorman

GIVE THE GIFT OF GUITAR FROM ESTEBAN...!!! ONLY 100$

Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:19 pm
Superhero

I've seen that add on TV!! It looks so retarded. One of the worst infomertials I have ever seen.

Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]