View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next
 Guitar Collections...let's see 'em! 
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Ah yes, the female numbers are rising. With that done, we can now move on to the board's next goal..

World Domination!!

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:42 pm
Viking Kong

New girl on the board alert!! :P

Ah yes, the female numbers are rising. With that done, we can now move on to the board's next goal..

World Domination!!

Relax ese and put your hormones in check homie before you scare her away... :twisted:

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:44 pm
Superhero

Better be extra careful to not do anything to attract acid and rex to this thread :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Hey, I'm not female hungry. But it's been a while since any of the girls have posted. Lizze, Stef, guitargasm, and the lot haven't posted in THE LONGEST TIME..

Racer X Board = Sausage fest :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:46 pm
Superhero

hey! only the biggest in the world! Atleast we can be proud! i wear 15-16 US shoes!

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Too much testosterone for a guitar thread.

Or is it? Who cares we probably scared away all women and little children by now anyway :?

Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:56 pm
Motorman

Is that how your left wrist usually is? If it is I suggest you work on trying to straightening out your wrist as much as possible (for example raise your guitar strap). If you have your wrist in a position like that for too long you could easily get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Wikipedia wrote:
Studies done by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), indicated that job tasks involving highly repetitive manual acts or necessitating wrist bending or other stressful wrist postures were connected with incidents of CTS or related problems. However, it appears that the 30+ studies reviewed were concerned with the occupations of assembly line workers, meat packers, food processors, and the like, not general office work.

By the way, I'm no doctor or expert on CTS, so if any of this is incorrect , feel free to correct me, I'm just going by what I have read on the internet and personal experiences of having pains which could be CTS in my left wrist from having my wrist bent in a similar fashion to yours in the picture.

Nice guitar though!

Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:23 pm
Superhero

you could easily get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

I hold the hand in the right position but i think i'll get carpal tunnel syndrome very soon :lol: for my health, please guitarp77 stop posting in the hot babes thread :D

btw Moonshield, i've tried this guitar about a week ago, and i'm impressed in positive....good neck (very easy to play) and great dinamic...the only thing i hate is you must have a shaped guitar-holder.....

oh, i read my topic, guitarp77, don't listen to me, post in that 3d!!

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Gee those Xiphos models are really hot, hope it plays great too. The paint job is pretty spectacular with the colour changing. Congratulations on the new axe. I've been considering one too, but I'm getting an RG20th, and have no more money for one after that one gets in my posession.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:22 am
is evil...Evil Joe

I'm glad you guys all like the geetar! It's very nice to play :)

Pao wrote:
New girl on the board alert!! :P

World Domination!!

hahhaa...well I kinda never intended for you guys to figure out I was a girl, but once I got my Xiphos and took those pictures, I thought "fuck it, I gotta show this beauty off."

Scorzerci wrote:
Is that how your left wrist usually is? If it is I suggest you work on trying to straightening out your wrist as much as possible (for example raise your guitar strap). If you have your wrist in a position like that for too long you could easily get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Wikipedia wrote:
Studies done by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), indicated that job tasks involving highly repetitive manual acts or necessitating wrist bending or other stressful wrist postures were connected with incidents of CTS or related problems. However, it appears that the 30+ studies reviewed were concerned with the occupations of assembly line workers, meat packers, food processors, and the like, not general office work.

By the way, I'm no doctor or expert on CTS, so if any of this is incorrect , feel free to correct me, I'm just going by what I have read on the internet and personal experiences of having pains which could be CTS in my left wrist from having my wrist bent in a similar fashion to yours in the picture.

Nice guitar though!

Actually no, I usually don't bend my wrist in that awkward position, but the balance on this guitar is pretty bad when you're standing up, so I think I was also attempting to keep the neck from diving down and that's just what it looks like, lol.

And I'm going to get a new hole drilled near the jack for a new strap button to fix the balance problem.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:04 am
Viking Kong

Or preserve its awesomeness by trying to get used to it :lol:

Last thing you'd wanna do is drop it because it was flailing everywhere :?

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:25 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Moonshield: Awsome guitar! :D Crazy colors! i want one i want one :D:D

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

they are pushing that guitar very very very hard... Muhammed Suicemez from Necrophagist is using it exclusively now and he is on the "Summer Slaughter" tour right now and ibanez is holding a contest where you can win one of those guitars by doing some stuff...blah blah.

They are really investing some money into the growing popularity of technical metal nowadays. Muhammed loves it though, and he can slay a guitar like nobody's business. I really want to try that guitar out

Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:58 pm
is O.H.B.

(The other one is my first guitar (and cheap) Behringer)
I also have an old Harmony (about 50 years old) but I don't have any picture.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:23 pm
Viking Kong

I'm tellin ya...you've never seen a guitar like this one before...

That is a nice looking guitar, I'd want one, but it does look a lot like this one that's been out for a few more years:

Btw, yours has a cooler paint job. :wink:

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:49 pm
Viking Kong

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:50 pm
Godzilla

Moonshield wrote:
I'm tellin ya...you've never seen a guitar like this one before...

That is a nice looking guitar, I'd want one, but it does look a lot like this one that's been out for a few more years:

Btw, yours has a cooler paint job. :wink:

Taken from the guy who posted the xiphos vid on youtube:

he Jackson Warrior was introduced in 1990, while the BC Rich Stealth (Introduced 1983) and the Ibanez Axstar (Precursor to the Xiphos) have been around since the early 80's

Muhammed had been using the BC Rich Stealth for a long time, and he liked the shape of that one.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:22 pm
Viking Kong

and the Ibanez Axstar (Precursor to the Xiphos) have been around since the early 80's
:lol:
I remember that one!
(Actually, the xiphos shape is a big improvement, i.m.o.)

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:11 pm
Godzilla

i tried the ibanez model didnt like it at all bad frets bad tone...not very good pickups and the trem stinks sorry to be a party pooper but the one i tried compared to my RG 550s it wasnt very promising

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:56 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Taken from the guy who posted the xiphos vid on youtube:

he Jackson Warrior was introduced in 1990, while the BC Rich Stealth (Introduced 1983) and the Ibanez Axstar (Precursor to the Xiphos) have been around since the early 80's

Thanks inhe, I was going to say that as well. Everyone thinks that Ibanez has copied the warrior but they don't even know about those early 80's models that preceded the warrior.

El_jefe wrote:
i tried the ibanez model didnt like it at all bad frets bad tone...not very good pickups and the trem stinks sorry to be a party pooper but the one i tried compared to my RG 550s it wasnt very promising

You're the 2nd person that I've heard giving a bad review on the xiphos. Everyone else who owns one loves it. But I guess it just boils down to personal preference in the end.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next