View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 i need help finishing my guitar!!! 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post i need help finishing my guitar!!!
ok.. i had a bunch of stickers on my guitar.. and being the dumbass that i am i scrubbed them off... and the finish came off with them :oops: ... so now theres like patches of finish... i was wondering if anyone here could help me... ekg i know u do alot of work like this.. could u like repaint it and refinish.. and if u could how much would it cost to be repainted red with gold f-holes and re finished?... thx

Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:15 pm
God Of The Sun

Post Re: i need help finishing my guitar!!!
lil string skipper wrote:
ok.. i had a bunch of stickers on my guitar.. and being the dumbass that i am i scrubbed them off... and the finish came off with them :oops: ... so now theres like patches of finish... i was wondering if anyone here could help me... ekg i know u do alot of work like this.. could u like repaint it and refinish.. and if u could how much would it cost to be repainted red with gold f-holes and re finished?... thx

Why repaint it??

Just get EKG to get you some f-hole stickies an slap dem biatches on der. It sounds like you got a really cool thing happening there. I would throw a clear cote on there and get some f-holes and be done with it. you would have a really unique axe!!!

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun

Well....that depends on how much damage you did :lol:

Any chance of getting pics? Is it down to the wood? Painted like the PGM500?

Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:07 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

yeah i guess yur right.. plus im getting all gold hardware and a gold floyd rose eventually (i gotta pay off my 5150 combo first and that may take a little while... but i am startin work soon so...)... and hopefully emgs for my b-day

Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:09 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

nah ekg.. its not bad at all... i didnt even scratch the actual red paint under the finish

Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:10 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

and o yeah.. if i sent u a pic of it.. u wouldnt be able to tell the finish is gone because the red paint is like kinda sparkly... u can only tell the finish is gone from like a far distance... because u can see where the light shines back and where it doesnt

Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:13 pm
God Of The Sun

To be honest, then, I agree with roman. Just slap some f-hole stickers and rock on! But if you insist, I can help you out ;-)

Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:21 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

well how much would a new finish and actual painted gold f-holes be?... i want this guitar to be perfect and ready for the rest of my life...

Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:23 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

also... how much would the f-hole- stickers be?... o yeah and i also forgot to ask?... could u paint my pickups the same color as the f-holes?... im not sure how it would work with the emgs... but if the paint doesnt like interfere or w/e... it should be easy to paint cuz its just all flat

Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:25 pm
God Of The Sun

Right now, with my workload, a complete refinish, I can't do :-( I am swamped making sawdust :-)

For a complete refinish, I HIGHLY recommend www.lgm-guitars.com. I get nothing for referring. I have had stuff done by him and I am very happy with his work.

Have to wait and see how much the f-hole stickers will cost when I get them back. Obviously, the more I make, the less expensive they should be ;-)

Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:33 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

thx ekg... hmm.. i wonder if i could put the stickers on and then put a clear cote on after and have it over them too... maybe it would look like actual paint and not stickers...

Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:50 pm
God Of The Sun

Yes you can....similar to the ibanez logo on the headstock ;-)

Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:12 pm
God Of The Sun

I have a project strat that i have done similar stuff too. I took it and made this gay deally out of construction paper and clear coated over it to make it stay. Looked good. Now its bare.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

THE IBANEZ LOGO ISNT ACTUALLY PAINT?!?!?!?!?!?! woah... :shock:

Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:29 am
God Of The Sun

Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:25 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

EKG, i had actually talked to a guy about making me f-hole stickers.. hes the same guy that sells the bobbin toppers on ebay.. universal jems.. he did some work on my swirl's neck a while back.. he was all psyched and never got back to me, this was like i think 8 months ago... if you are actually doing f-hole decals.. id love some.. my only concern is that i love how they are on the PG where they end up blending in with the knob.

Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

that i love how they are on the PG where they end up blending in with the knob.

I believe that was one of the reasons Paul put the F-holes on in the first place...he liked how it visually concealed the knob.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:20 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Yeah that is what I want to do with mine but it is going to be hard. I have to deal with 2 knobs and a switch right next to eachother. Need to find a way to incorporate them all in one of the f-holes.

Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:20 pm
God Of The Sun

On a standard RG, it will be tough to hide the controls, but the f-holes still look cool!

Brian at Universal is a cool guy. He is also a very busy guy. His toppers are great. I put some chrome ones on my JEM7DBK. I also picked up some gold, blue and white ones, too. Easy and very inexpensive way to change the look of your guitar AND it's not permanent.

I am working on the f-hole stickers, as we speak....available soon ;-)

Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:52 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

dont make it incorperate 2 knobs and the switch... i took one of my knobs off cuz i dont use the tone at all... and umm.. can u just make them like regular and have people cut out what they need?

Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next