View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Top Ten Fastest shredder list (Guitar One) 
Dr. X

Racerxified i tend to agree with everything you just said.
Except im not so sure i think Friedman should be on there, but way ahead of rubbish like the Great Kat, obviously.
Also i wouldnt say Yngwie seems slow on record at all, infact if you keep up with his faster stuff on record like Heavy E Phrygian, Blitzkrieg, Trilogy Suite etc your fucking incredibly fast dude !
Live i am yet to see someone match his speed, it's mindblowing how fast he is live.

Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:00 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Yngwie
Actually, now that you mention it and I think about it, the album Alchemy is obsurdly fast. Every once in a while I think about learning Blitzkrieg and just get discouraged after a little while. Trilogy Suite isn't too bad, the finger patterns are a lot more comfortable and it just takes time. A lot of his middle albums are not that fast, in fact Fire and Ice he tends to keep it a pretty comfortable speed. But yeah, on Alchemy and I guess on War to End all Wars (we're talkin speed not quality on that one) he really books it.

Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:46 pm
Dr. X

Yeah Trilogy Suite is defo learnable, but i can't say i can nail all passages in it.
The intro is fine, but i can't nail some parts, of course if i spend enough time with it it should be ok.
But like you said, some stuff is just freakishly advanced and would take like forever to learn...

Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4