View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Do you ever lose the will to play? 
God Of The Sun

Post Do you ever lose the will to play?
Hey guys :)

I know... it's been a loooong time since I've been here and I've been and gone several other times.

The reason begin... I quit playing guitar for like... well, a whole year... maybe a little more.

I just lost it... lost the fire, the passion, the will to play after almost 10 years of playing. I didn't get frustrated. The band I created and worked so hard for... collapsed, and I lost all interest. I didn't touch a guitar at all for 9+ months. Now I'm way behind. I picked up the guitar a few weeks back and surprisingly, I'm just the same as I ever was. I have 1 guitar, my beloved Ibanez RG1570, yet no cables, no amp, no audio interface and no money, which sucks because distortion is what I lived for. I moved onto another dream, Olympic Weightlifting. Which I love with all my heart but something at the back of my mind keeps telling me... you could have gone places with this.

Thinking, I might just play again...

We'll see.

My question is: Do you ever feel like you've just had enough? Was this a phase? ...

Hmmmm.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Paul

Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:22 pm
Search Button God!

Post Re: Do you ever lose the will to play?
I'm pretty much in the same boat (sans the olympic weightlifting). I've made a conscious decision to set the guitar aside for a while and focus on making a living. I keep myself busy so there's not much time to practice licks. I haven't sold any of my gear. Maybe I'll sell the amp and the cab somewhere down the line (I'm not gonna need a halfstack anytime soon) but I'm keeping the guitars.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:36 pm
God Of The Sun

Lamer wrote:
I'm pretty much in the same boat (sans the olympic weightlifting). I've made a conscious decision to set the guitar aside for a while and focus on making a living. I keep myself busy so there's not much time to practice licks. I haven't sold any of my gear. Maybe I'll sell the amp and the cab somewhere down the line (I'm not gonna need a halfstack anytime soon) but I'm keeping the guitars.

Hey Lamer, it's been a long time man, hope you are well.

That's a shame to hear, I used to love some of the riffs you used to come out with. What happened to the band that you got started?

P.S - Funny thing, I just bought some Twarog the other day from this Polish food shop, damn that stuff is full of good stuff! I'm guessing you've had it once or twice. What can I do to make it more interesting? lol

Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:30 pm
Search Button God!

pgmpower wrote:
That's a shame to hear, I used to love some of the riffs you used to come out with. What happened to the band that you got started?

Things never really took off. We could never find a proper drummer and in the end everyone went their separate ways.

pgmpower wrote:
P.S - Funny thing, I just bought some Twarog the other day from this Polish food shop, damn that stuff is full of good stuff! I'm guessing you've had it once or twice. What can I do to make it more interesting? lol

Add this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smetana_(dairy_product), throw in a finely diced radish (or 5) and the green bits from scallions + some salt and pepper. You can add some chopped onions while you're at it. Mix it up and put it on some proper bread.

It's good for you.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:29 am
God Of The Sun

Lamer wrote:
pgmpower wrote:

Things never really took off. We could never find a proper drummer and in the end everyone went their separate ways.

pgmpower wrote:

Add this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smetana_(dairy_product), throw in a finely diced radish (or 5) and the green bits from scallions + some salt and pepper. You can add some chopped onions while you're at it. Mix it up and put it on some proper bread.

It's good for you.

I'll give it a shot :) thanks!

By the way.. did the forum die?

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:55 pm
is the Siren's Eye

I hope not.

I just joined.

Nice to meet you, btw.

*this thread isnt depressing at all...*

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:18 pm
God Of The Sun

Hey everyone.
I'm in the same boat...except. it's been almost 1.5 years.
I got super interested in the world of guns and knives. lol.
I look at my guitars (the Frankenstein, and another strat body Frankenstein that I built), but, that's just it...I look at them. I still absolutely love music...just not playing so much.
I'm sure the urge to play will return this summer. I'm planning on building a neck through guitar. I'm not set as of yet on the body shape...either a Les Paul or reverse Firebird body.

Talk to you all soon.

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:24 pm
Superhero

I don't know. I feel like I haven't really practiced for a year or two. I would play the guitar once every couple of weeks. There of course were the odd band rehearsals and gigs, but not too many of them.

Now that I've moved to England and got a full time job I'm trying to devote all my free time for guitar and make YT videos every once in a while and it's going well so far!

I think my biggest setback was having this idea that I should start playing like Guthrie Govan which with the amount of knowledge on jazz theory and harmony that he has (and I don't) was very... very... hard. In the end it just wasn't fun. I'm not into fusion as much as I like saying sometimes, so coming back to my roots (Paul Gilbert stuff :P ) really made playing the guitar fun again.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

I haven't lost my will to play electric guitar. I just don't have an electric guitar right now and can't get anyone to let me borrow theirs.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:45 pm
Promises to use Search button

Sometimes you just need a break.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:23 am
Promises to use Search button

You may find inspiration in many small things like sunlight on the door or trainnoise or looking at nice photos of spanish villas by sea... But it will be idling without an action. To make something great you need to make YOURSELF do something and MAKE inspiration to come. Not very cool but true :)

Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]