View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 friendster 
Godzilla

Post friendster
does anyone here use friendster?

Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:17 am
God Of The Sun

just signed up cause friend told me to
you can add me if you want
[email protected]

Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:11 am
Profile ICQ
Godzilla

Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:59 am
God Of The Sun

haha thanks dude i actually need to update man
nice pics with PG man must have been awsome for ya
lol i read your info as well
haha all your testis...people hail you as a guitar god
mad what a pimp daddy :lol:
btw i added u on msn!

Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:34 pm
Profile ICQ
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Hey cool, you live in the Philippines too :D Do you know Haru? He's the PG of the Phil! He moved to Japan tho, and I heard he's studying in M.I. I think they covered King of the Monsters and Scarified. :shock: (and they smoked it too)

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:08 am
Godzilla

hey nope i havent heard of haru. i actually dont really like the phillipine scene! not much shred going around. the only shredder i know here is perf de castro and he sin the states now! anyway do u have regular gigs? maybe i can watch u play sometime!

Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:50 am
Viking Kong

Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:06 am
Dr. X

I have Friendster, but I forgot my account and all that stuff. :P

Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:40 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

hey nope i havent heard of haru. i actually dont really like the phillipine scene! not much shred going around. the only shredder i know here is perf de castro and he sin the states now! anyway do u have regular gigs? maybe i can watch u play sometime!

Of course we all know who Perf is :wink: You should watch out for the other shredders. I know some of them and they can RIIIPPP :twisted: I used to play with my band, we play with Greyhoundz and Sultans of Snap when I was still with them, but it's been awhile since I played on a gig (or had a jam.. grrr...) my college schedule is really eating up my time. :x It sucks coz I miss playing with a band and hearing all the harmony. :D It's really more fun to play with 2 guitars than with one.

Anyway, have you heard of Flo? He moved to the states too (grrr..) but he was in a legendary band called W.P.G and really.. they are.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

You should listen to the popular bands like Fuseboxx or Eternal Now. Or maybe Dirt, Manuel Legarda's improving so much, besides, Perf was a part of Wolfgang before :wink:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:38 pm
Godzilla

i havent heard of any of those bands! have u heard of daniel crisolongo? i used to take lessons with him, he ok, not dat good though.

add me up on friendster!
[email protected]

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:10 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Yeah Daniel! Kharma. He's really good.. Not much of a shredder, but his feel on the guitar is great!

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:13 pm
Godzilla

yup he has a new blues band now DC aftershock, and he also plays for mojofly sometimes.
do u know anywhere where my band can play? we'll do it for free! we really want some regular gigs! we do mr. big covers, skid row, van halen, and other stuff. really appreciate it if you can help!

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:17 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

There's a system here in the phil.. What we did for example..

Our other guitarist (since we play in harmony) has an older brother. His older brother is the drummer of Sultans of Snap. We stick with that band and get gigs whenever they get gigs. And soon we got to play with other bands like Greyhoundz, Bamboo, in bars like Mayric's and etc. We have a brother band, and they get their gigs from us.

It's a system. You stick with a band, then another band sticks with you. You really need the connections.. As of now, I can't help you coz I'm not active in the music scence.. I haven't seen my bandmates for like a month already :shock: And they already played in Freedom Bar, Big Sky Mind, and etc.. Sucks, I really wanted to play in Freedom Bar.. :cry: But oh well. Studies first.. :? :x

Anyway when you have connections, you just keep looking for PRODUCTIONS. This one band starts a production, and they get as many bands as possible (7-10 bands in one night) then they play at a bar. They require every band to at least bring 5-10 people (depends really) to make sure they're gona earn money. Anyway, most of the producers/talent managers hang out at productions to look for bands (not all the time tho.. You just have to be really lucky..)

Sorry I can't help you right now. When I'm free from all the stress of my fucking BIOLOGY course, I'll try and get you gigs :D Maybe we should even jam sometime. Good luck! (I added you in friendster BTW)

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:25 pm
Godzilla

oh alright..i have no connections :( im still in high school so i dnt know any professional bands. i might be playing the ism battle of the bands in november, i think its held at rockwell, try to check it out! and we should try to jam sometime!

thanks!

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:30 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Anyway, you can get gigs without a brother band, just go to a bar and let them hear a sample song or something. It's kinda hard tho.

For example, we play metal. So we front metal bands too, that's because the people who want to watch for example Sultans of Snap, are metal people. So when we front them, and they hear metal, they're gona like what they hear. Not like when we fronted Hale.. :roll: The people were walking out of the bar coz they were expecting to hear light rock/alternative :roll:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:34 pm
Godzilla

i study at brent, i used to study at ism but i got into some trouble :?. which bars should i go to? can i just audition in front of them and not have to record a demo?

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:39 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Oohh Brent.. Land of the mini-skirt chicks :D :shock: :wink:

Anyway, I don't think you can do that.. Coz if you can, then we should've done it a long time ago. Just record a tape or something, then play it to them. They usually go crazy on anything with shred in it. People are used to hearing EMO (gay-shit) so shred/metal is something rare to them.

And don't worry.. We started doing gigs 4th year high school. :D You play simple licks and the crowds go nuts :wink: Not everyone can shred you know, use it to your advantage! :D

(nice pics btw. I haven't seen Paul Gilbert in person :( damn..)

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:43 pm
Godzilla

haha how did u know the girls here wear mini skirts! ill ask my guitar teacher if he can help me record some songs, have u heard of al-kaz borromeo? hes a shredder! im going to be in my senior year next monday when school starts

i just met pg last month on his asian tour! i heard hes coming to the phils for a clinic this year!

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:49 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

haha how did u know the girls here wear mini skirts! ill ask my guitar teacher if he can help me record some songs, have u heard of al-kaz borromeo? hes a shredder!

i just met pg last month on his asian tour! i heard hes coming to the phils for a clinic this year!

Everybody knows they wear mini-skirts :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anyway, haven't heard of him..

HE'S GOING HERE?!?!?!??! HOLY h#q%*u#uAqe%uaeq58UWEJRHW84Y-WA8EHAWIH

WOOHOO! :D (dancing..)

Anywayz, I gotta hit the sack bro. I have school tom. (on a sat? wtf? :roll: ) Can you message me if ever you get tickets? Maybe you can reserve me some or something.. Thanks!

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:54 pm
Godzilla

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]