View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 JEFF.... Everyone.... Guitar Wars is NTSC!!!!! 
Superhero

Post JEFF.... Everyone.... Guitar Wars is NTSC!!!!!
I just looked at the packaging of my dvd.... It is NTSC (REGION FREE) format, just like at this link:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UICE-1073

Order it from there as it is just like mine and is all region!!!!!!!!..... AHHHHH
AMEN BROTHAS AND SISTAS!!!!! 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted:

Get it now, get it now!!!! :twisted:

Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:23 pm
Godzilla

Post Re: JEFF.... Everyone.... Guitar Wars is NTSC!!!!!
It's not my understanding that NTSC means region free. It means the video is 60 half-frames (interlaced) per second, or 30 full frames per second. The other standard is PAL, which is used in Europe, and is 50 half-frames (interlaced) per second, or 25 full frames per second.

A DVD can be NTSC and still be region encoded. Basically, NTSC and PAL have nothing directly to do with region encoding other than DVDs encoded for Europe would natually be PAL format, and ones for the United States and Japan, NTSC. Someone please correct me if you know otherwise.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961

Last edited by Sandman on Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:51 pm
Superhero

Sandman wrote:
PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:
I just looked at the packaging of my dvd.... It is NTSC (REGION FREE) format

It's not my understanding that NTSC means region free. It means the video is 60 half-frames (interlaced) per second, or 30 full frames per second. The other standard is PAL, which is used in Europe, and is 50 half-frames (interlaced) per second, or 25 full frames per second.

A DVD can be NTSC and still be region encoded. Basically, NTSC and PAL have nothing directly to do with region encoding other than DVDs encoded for Europe would natually be PAL format, and ones for the United States and Japan, NTSC. Someone please correct me if you know otherwise.

Dude....

You know where the picture of the Globe Icon (or whatever it is supposed to be, lol) is on the back of the dvd??.... Well. it say's "ALL" in capital letters!! Cant be any more clearer to me, lol, plus that site is in Inglese :wink:

Trust me, it will work!! 8) 8)

Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:08 pm
God Of The Sun

Wow! Thanks for the heads-up. If you are absolutely, positively, 101% certain it's that way, I will order it.

Hey DarrOn....if you're planning on getting a copy, the CD/DVD combo is $43. If you want to order with me, we'll save a good chunk of change on shipping. Let me know if that sounds good.

Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:29 pm
Profile YIM
Godzilla

PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:
Dude....

You know where the picture of the Globe Icon (or whatever it is supposed to be, lol) is on the back of the dvd??.... Well. it say's "ALL" in capital letters!! Cant be any more clearer to me, lol, plus that site is in Inglese :wink:

Trust me, it will work!! 8) 8)

Well, that's great. I hope you're right. But if you look the order page, it says "Region-2 encoded (Japan, Europe, and Middle East)." Someone must have made a mistate. But was it the guys who did the art work for the DVD case, or the guys who wrote the description for marketing? :?

But even it is region-2 encoded, I think I should be able to make myself a region-free copy of it.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961

Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:31 pm
Superhero

lol guy's, ALL means ALL, :wink: I've never played a DVD with ALL and not have it work on a region 1 player....

It will work RacerX brothas and sista's!!.... I promise!! :D

If not, all Viking Kong will be unleashed on CD JAPAN, hehe :wink:

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:12 pm
Godzilla

lol guy's, ALL means ALLIt will work RacerX brothas and sista's!!.... I promise!! :D

Do you get a commision on the sales?? LOL :P :mrgreen: :) :D :lol: :o :P :twisted: I'll buy it, okay, I'll buy it! :wink:

All kidding aside, I do appreciate you sharing the information! :hug:

Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:37 pm
Viking Kong

Wow! Thanks for the heads-up. If you are absolutely, positively, 101% certain it's that way, I will order it.

Hey DarrOn....if you're planning on getting a copy, the CD/DVD combo is $43. If you want to order with me, we'll save a good chunk of change on shipping. Let me know if that sounds good.

DEFINATELY. I can send you the 43 bucks, along with my share of the shipping, ASAP(oh...and along with your DVD). That's a great idea man.

Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:00 pm
Superhero

PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:
lol guy's, ALL means ALLIt will work RacerX brothas and sista's!!.... I promise!! :D

Do you get a commision on the sales?? LOL :P :mrgreen: :) :D :lol: :o :P :twisted: I'll buy it, okay, I'll buy it! :wink:

All kidding aside, I do appreciate you sharing the information! :hug:

haha, lol, I wish I got a commision, I just wish this thing was advertised better!!.... It is truely a treasure that you will not stop watching.... There is so much greatness in there, and I'd really love to see them all get together again somewhere else!!.... Seeing everyone play on Los Endos is amazing!!.... Especially when Nuno plays the congo drums in the beginning :twisted: And Paul's tone (his PGM10th) is amazing on the Zepp tunes.... It will send shivers down your spine!!
:shock: 8) :twisted: BTW, did I say the double-neck \//-/ twist on To Be With You?? hehe :wink:

Let me know when you guys get it!! 8)

Mike

Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:30 am
God Of The Sun

lol guy's, ALL means ALL, :wink: I've never played a DVD with ALL and not have it work on a region 1 player....

It will work RacerX brothas and sista's!!.... I promise!! :D

If not, all Viking Kong will be unleashed on CD JAPAN, hehe :wink:

Great news.....

Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Got my copy this morning.. I can confirm that this is an all region DVD.
This is THE BEST DVD.. EVAH ! :). I got Vai's Astoria & the Denver G3 DVD's last week.. this one beats them alll :D. This is the way G3 should be done. Highlights... mmm wayyyyy too many.. :D.

Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:42 pm
Dr. X

Many stores give wrong informations about region coding (and sometimes for languages, subtitles infos)
Also, even DVD covers are not always 'right'. I remember the cover for the Satch in SF DVD sold in the USA did not mention region free or R2, but it was actually a Region free DVD !
So the best thing is to have a region free player... :wink:

Now on the NTSC/PAL thing, most of DVD players in Europe can play NTSC, but many people don't want to take a risk and they wait for the PAL version (see the Vai/Astoria DVD).
I don"t have any problem playing NTSC on my PAL gear...
So, I'll go for the GUITAR WARS !!! should be here within 10days

Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]