View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Maybe i'll die Tomorrow- question for PG 
Motorman

Post Maybe i'll die Tomorrow- question for PG
Hi,

Im really into this track and i noticed that Paul played everything. I was thinking the drumming was pretty sweet and i want to know if its programmed drums or Paul played them 'live'.

On a Mr Big video i have the guys are in a music store an Paul plays a little bit of drums, and i know he started the drum tracks on King Of Clubs before he 'fired himself' :) .

Mark

Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:22 am
Site Admin

I'll ask him tomorrow...if he doesn't see this. I'll see him Tuesday night.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Paul's answer: "It's a drum machine...but I programmed it...so, it's sort of me. Actually, you wouldn't want to hear me play drums."

Regards,
Ken

Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Thanks for asking him Ken. So its a drum machine eh? Well it sounds like a damn good one. It sure aint been done one fruity loops :)

Mark

Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:00 pm
Site Admin

It does sound good for a drum machine. Paul had told me, back when recording Getting Heavier, that it was done with samples, because he did it all by himself. So he said while it sounds like this incredibly tight band...he just sampled the parts where he needed them for the movie. That's why it doesn't sound like it has any timing...since he was matching what was on the screen....not counting time.

Regards,
Ken

Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]