View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 G3 and Paul Gilbert 10/18/2003 ??? 
Dr. X

Post G3 and Paul Gilbert 10/18/2003 ???

Last edited by x-epiphone-x on Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:24 pm
God Of The Sun

i doubt it ...he's out of the country according to another thread that i read

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:25 pm
Dr. X

We were lucky and landed four tickets at 6th row center.

It'll rock tomorrow!

John

Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:11 am
Dr. X

maybe in the JAPAN for some clinics, well maybe i don´t know.
:lol:

HEY where´s you??
PAUL, PAUL, PAUL, paul paul paul..........hehehe :lol:

ROCK
Rod

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Signed: Rodrigo Salesi(São Paulo-Brazil)

Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:04 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
God Of The Sun

I'll be at the Greek too tomorrow.

It'll rock tomorrow!

John

John, I'm in the row directly in front of you. I'll have my Racer X shirt on. I'll look out for you.

Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:38 pm
Profile YIM
Golden God

JJGray wrote:

It'll rock tomorrow!

John

John, I'm in the row directly in front of you. I'll have my Racer X shirt on. I'll look out for you.

Too bad you'll be too LATE AS FUCK to meet anybody!!!! LOL.... :D

Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Jeff wrote:
JJGray wrote:

It'll rock tomorrow!

John

Too bad you'll be too LATE AS FUCK to meet anybody!!!! LOL.... :D

But at least I'LL be there, which is better than sitting home only wishing I could go! :lol:

Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:16 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

Anyone going to G3 tonight, here's my cell: (714) 318-0085. The Surgeon sent me his cell as well.

We're eating at Barrigan's in Burbank (awesome mexican restaurant) then heading to the show afterwards. Between sets, lets hook up.

****IMPORTANT****:

If ANY ONE of you want FOUR FREE TICKETS to tonight's show, call my cell phone!!!! I'll have them on me, so call me as soon as you can, and I'll give them to you before the show! Two are in the first section, center, row N, and the other two are in the left section, row O I believe, haven't looked at them today.

John Gray

Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:09 pm
God Of The Sun

Anyone going to G3 tonight, here's my cell: (714) 318-0085. The Surgeon sent me his cell as well.

We're eating at Barrigan's in Burbank (awesome mexican restaurant) then heading to the show afterwards. Between sets, lets hook up.

****IMPORTANT****:

If ANY ONE of you want FOUR FREE TICKETS to tonight's show, call my cell phone!!!! I'll have them on me, so call me as soon as you can, and I'll give them to you before the show! Two are in the first section, center, row N, and the other two are in the left section, row O I believe, haven't looked at them today.

John Gray

Shredder has my cell phone number and I have his, so at least we'll all be able to meet up somewhere at the show. I'm getting there between 5:30 and 6:00. See ya there.

Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:23 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Just got home from the L.A. show. It was great to meet Mike(TheSurgeon), DarrOn(Shredder), and John(JJGray) all for the 1st time.

As far as the show goes, I thought it was great. Having never seen Yngwie live before, I was very impressed with his playing. He does it so effortlessly. I can't say that I cared for the material all that much, but the man definitely knows his way around that Strat.

Vai and Satch's sets were both great. Nothing surprising there.

As far as the jam, I think that where Yngwie really shined.

Sorry for the lack-of-detail review. I'm beat.

Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:35 am
Profile YIM
Dr. X

Just got home from the L.A. show. It was great to meet Mike(TheSurgeon), DarrOn(Shredder), and John(JJGray) all for the 1st time.

As far as the show goes, I thought it was great. Having never seen Yngwie live before, I was very impressed with his playing. He does it so effortlessly. I can't say that I cared for the material all that much, but the man definitely knows his way around that Strat.

Vai and Satch's sets were both great. Nothing surprising there.

As far as the jam, I think that where Yngwie really shined.

Sorry for the lack-of-detail review. I'm beat.

I just got home as well. It was great meeting up with you as well Jeff between sets, as well as Mike aka The Surgeon. Luckily with our seating, we three were all within a 10 seconds walk from each other. I'm looking forward to getting together in the near future, when we can have a longer chat.

I really enjoyed the show! My only beef (and it's a minor one) is that they should only allow guitarists to be soundmen. I wish soundmen wouldn't be five seconds late every time someone goes into a solo.

I think tours like this are awesome, keeping good rock guitar music alive and well. Especially when they are having as good a time as they are. After seeing Kens' review, it seems Yngwie's tech is a quick learner, as every time Yngwie was about to fling his guitar at his tech, the tech came running as NOT to take another strat on the chin. :shock:

John

p.s. Nobody did call me for the free tickets I had on me, so between sets, my friend Stuart and I headed all the way to the back of the venue, the absolute last row inside the Greek, and gave our four first section tickets to two couples sitting there in the back. It was cool to see their eyes light up.

Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:53 am
Site Admin

p.s. Nobody did call me for the free tickets I had on me, so between sets, my friend Stuart and I headed all the way to the back of the venue, the absolute last row inside the Greek, and gave our four first section tickets to two couples sitting there in the back. It was cool to see their eyes light up.

That's VERY COOL John. Isn't that awesome? My wife, Jeff and Jamie and our kids went to Spiderman and bought tickets on movietickets.com. The kid at the theater, totally made a mess of it, and gave us 4 extra tickets. So I walked up this gigantic line, waiting for a show...coming in an hour...and I found a family waiting. I said..I have 4 tickets for this show in 10 minutes...they looked at me puzzled...and the mom said how much? I said....nothing....just enjoy the show. They lit up....it was awesome.

Regards,
Ken

Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Ya, and kind of like how when I got there before the doors opened, and I see Jeff near the front of the line, so I didn't have to wait. :wink:
Or when Mike(doc) saw me, and gave me a "Jurassic Pick."

But ya, jeff and Mike were totally cool. Can't wait to see them again(I'll be seeing jeff again at the Hammer of the Gods show).

And the show was rad. Satriani had the best songs, but Vai's set was SO dynamite. The triple-neck guitar...Billy Sheehan(more on them later)...just great stuff. And Yngwie....LMAO. He must have spun his guitar around his neck AT LEAST three times a song...and he threw his guitar to his tech probablly five times. Funny stuff, but like jeff, I iked it.

So ya, I had meet-and-greet passes for after the show. I met Vai, Sheehan, Maclpine, and Yngwies drummer and bassist(Jeff, the dude who I said looked like Leif Garrett WAS Yngwie's drummer...and reember the dude that had the crazy boots...that was Yngwies's bassist, LOL). But ya, Yngwie(no surprise here) didn't come to the meet-and-greet. but what was weird...SATCH didn't come back there. he jetted out after he talked to the "VIP's." But Vai was cool, signed a few things. Same with Maclpine. But Sheehan...WAS AWESOME. We hung out with him for about ten minutes. And get this...here's part of our conversation....
(Me)"So Mr. Sheehan, do you think you and Paul Gilbert would ever record another song together?"
(BS)"*looks at my Racer X shirt* Well, it depends. It all depends. Maybe."
(me)"Maybe? I was just thinking it would be cool for one of you to be on one of your solo albums."
(BS)"Well, y'know. it's pretty much all up to Paul. All up to him."
(me)"Really?"
(BS)"Yup. His decision."
(me)"Rad!"

What do you think? pretty sweet huh?

Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:22 am
Superhero

Ya, and kind of like how when I got there before the doors opened, and I see Jeff near the front of the line, so I didn't have to wait. :wink:
Or when Mike(doc) saw me, and gave me a "Jurassic Pick."

But ya, jeff and Mike were totally cool. Can't wait to see them again(I'll be seeing jeff again at the Hammer of the Gods show).

And the show was rad. Satriani had the best songs, but Vai's set was SO dynamite. The triple-neck guitar...Billy Sheehan(more on them later)...just great stuff. And Yngwie....LMAO. He must have spun his guitar around his neck AT LEAST three times a song...and he threw his guitar to his tech probablly five times. Funny stuff, but like jeff, I iked it.

So ya, I had meet-and-greet passes for after the show. I met Vai, Sheehan, Maclpine, and Yngwies drummer and bassist(Jeff, the dude who I said looked like Leif Garrett WAS Yngwie's drummer...and reember the dude that had the crazy boots...that was Yngwies's bassist, LOL). But ya, Yngwie(no surprise here) didn't come to the meet-and-greet. but what was weird...SATCH didn't come back there. he jetted out after he talked to the "VIP's." But Vai was cool, signed a few things. Same with Maclpine. But Sheehan...WAS AWESOME. We hung out with him for about ten minutes. And get this...here's part of our conversation....
(Me)"So Mr. Sheehan, do you think you and Paul Gilbert would ever record another song together?"
(BS)"*looks at my Racer X shirt* Well, it depends. It all depends. Maybe."
(me)"Maybe? I was just thinking it would be cool for one of you to be on one of your solo albums."
(BS)"Well, y'know. it's pretty much all up to Paul. All up to him."
(me)"Really?"
(BS)"Yup. His decision."
(me)"Rad!"

What do you think? pretty sweet huh?

Kuul as shit man, thank's for sharing that!!....And JJGray is an awesome guy!!....To offer up tix like that, what a class act!!....

RACERX FANS RULE THE WORLD!!!! :twisted: 8) :D :P

Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:25 pm
God Of The Sun

Dumb lines I overheard from people sitting around me...unfortunately both came from some hammered chick sitting right next to me.

Between Yngwie songs...
"Yngwie, you rule!!. Eddie Van Halen sucks!!"

During one of Yngwie's pick-throwing moments...
"Yngwie, throw me one of your pickups!"

Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:48 pm
Profile YIM
Golden God

Dumb lines I overheard from people sitting around me...unfortunately both came from some hammered chick sitting right next to me.

Between Yngwie songs...

Did you tell her how SVELT you are, and how you NEVER touch the sides with the SISTA'S??

Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Jeff wrote:

Between Yngwie songs...

Did you tell her how SVELT you are, and how you NEVER touch the sides with the SISTA'S??

Nah....women just seem to get naked for me once I tell them I know the infamous Stringskipper :twisted:

Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Profile YIM
Golden God

stringskipper wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Between Yngwie songs...

Nah....women just seem to get naked for me once I tell them I know the infamous Stringskipper :twisted:

Dude... I just shot my iced tea out my nose!!!! JEFF.......YOU ROCK, BRUDDAH!!!

Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Last edited by x-epiphone-x on Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:22 pm
Viking Kong

So no "special guests" jumped up on stage huh??? What a drag...

DarrOn, how'd you get the BS Passes???...X

Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next