View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hey everyone... 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Hey everyone...
Am i the only that would like to see gilbert on g3??? i think he'd fit in real well and it would kick sweet ass! him or buckethead lol :) anywho... my real question is WHEN WILL THE SITE BE BACK UP!>!?!?! i sure hope it;s worth the wait lol

www.guitar-guitar.com
www.insaneguitar.com/contact.html
www.courseofevolution.com

Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:24 am
Viking Kong

Paul + G3....AWEOSME. Check out Offtopic for more posts on that.

Check out a few posts down for more info on the site.

Welcome, btw!

Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:54 am
King Of The Monsters

We´re all waiting for the next tour to see that!!!!

Welcome!

Image Image

Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:03 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:28 pm
Dr. X

Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:03 pm
Viking Kong

I think you guys all forgot that G4 MIGHT go on tour somewhere OTHER than Japan![/list]

Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:03 pm
Promises to use Search button

Post Malmsteen, Vai and Satriani.
3 players who are insanely fast and technical, I havent heard alot of Paul but is he as technical as these guys ? It will be strange to see Malmsteen and Satriani on tour together, all through the 80's and most of the 90's Malmsteen always said Satrani was a horrible and boring player.

Malmsteen's song 'Far Beyond the Sun' is probably the fastest most technical song ive heard.

Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:08 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Malmsteen, Vai and Satriani.
King Crimson wrote:
3 players who are insanely fast and technical, I havent heard alot of Paul but is he as technical as these guys ? It will be strange to see Malmsteen and Satriani on tour together, all through the 80's and most of the 90's Malmsteen always said Satrani was a horrible and boring player.

Malmsteen's song 'Far Beyond the Sun' is probably the fastest most technical song ive heard.

Paul is more technical than Vai and Satch. Satch is more of a traditional rock player, encompassing melody, while Vai has the theatrics and the technicality, but Pablo has the mechanics and physical ability to just play anything. I think he'd be a perfect fit. IMO he's a better player than Satch and Vai, but they all have their own styles, so a comparison can't really be fair.

-Chad

Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:16 am
Viking Kong

And as far as taste goes, I think Paul has much more richness to his playing than Yngwie does. I cant comment on the technical abilities of either of them, Paul and Yngwie are both very technical advanced; some people (like me) think Paul's more technical, and some people think Yngwie is more. Paul would fit in with G3 perfectly.

Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:32 am
Superhero

naturallywiredwebdesigns wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

Paul is more technical than Vai and Satch. Satch is more of a traditional rock player, encompassing melody, while Vai has the theatrics and the technicality, but Pablo has the mechanics and physical ability to just play anything. I think he'd be a perfect fit. IMO he's a better player than Satch and Vai, but they all have their own styles, so a comparison can't really be fair.

-Chad

Good point Chad, but when you talk "all around"....Paul need's to throw some whammy abuse in there, lol, I think it's a lame trick, but you gotta admit, those screams that Satch and VAI make are kuul!! :wink: .... Although, Paul is the Master Of Harmonic's, which is a kuuler technique IMO!! :twisted:

Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:58 am
Site Admin

PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:
naturallywiredwebdesigns wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

-Chad

Good point Chad, but when you talk "all around"....Paul need's to throw some whammy abuse in there, lol, I think it's a lame trick, but you gotta admit, those screams that Satch and VAI make are kuul!! :wink: .... Although, Paul is the Master Of Harmonic's, which is a kuuler technique IMO!! :twisted:

Naah...he can skip the whammy stuff. he's only got one Ibanez left with a tremolo, at least at the house he had only one out of 200 guitars with a trem on it.

-Chad

Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:21 pm
God Of The Sun

I tried and campaigned to get Paul on the G3 tour, but I don't think it will ever happen. Paul's got his own thing goin.

Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:34 pm
is the Siren's Eye

I agree with Chad that any kind of comparison is unfair. All these guitarists are incredible virtuosos & musicians with their own unique style.

PG is perfect for G3....I would love to hear him play an all instrumental set..although I remember reading that he has a short attention span for instrumental music..

Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:33 pm
King Of The Monsters

Satch´s technique might not be impressive, but he is one of the best guitar-songwriters in the whole world. You can´t get bored of Satch.

Vai rocks, hes technique is awesome, he really flies on the guitar. His hand seems so effortlesly moving round the neck that you start to think if you´re doing something wrong with you playing. Plus, he´s show (thater he does onstage) is very cool, you can really feel he´s in a deep contact with his guitar.

And Mr. Pablo, can I add something to him that hasn´t been said here?

Image Image

Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Yngwie´s good, but he´s boring.

Satch´s technique might not be impressive, but he is one of the best guitar-songwriters in the whole world. You can´t get bored of Satch.

Vai rocks, hes technique is awesome, he really flies on the guitar. His hand seems so effortlesly moving round the neck that you start to think if you´re doing something wrong with you playing. Plus, he´s show (thater he does onstage) is very cool, you can really feel he´s in a deep contact with his guitar.

And Mr. Pablo, can I add something to him that hasn´t been said here?
i dis agree with your statement about satch...the guy has awesome technique and feeling...his playing is effortless,actually i like satch better then vai because vai is too much into the flashiness.....again just my opinion 8)

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:05 pm
Site Admin

i dis agree with your statement about satch...the guy has awesome technique and feeling...his playing is effortless,actually i like satch better then vai because vai is too much into the flashiness.....again just my opinion 8)

I think what he's saying is compared to the other guys, which is true. You guys are both saying the same thing....You love Satch's music.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

i guess in an indirect way maybe...satch=teacher vai=student

Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:09 pm
Site Admin

i guess in an indirect way maybe...satch=teacher vai=student

Student has passed master in the skillz competition.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:22 pm
Unt! I move topics!

We've covered all this before, but I'll put my two cents in (again).

It seems to be the majority opinion of the board that Satriani's technique is somehow subpar compared to others in the shred genre. I completely disagree. Just because he plays a lot more legato and doesn't alternate pick everything, doesn't mean his technique is lacking. For the style of music he plays, his choice of technique is perfect. To compare technical skills between Satch, Vai, Malmsteen, and Gilbert is splitting hairs ... they all have incredible technique. Paul's picking may be a little better, Vai's vibrato bar skills might be slightly superior, etc. But generally speaking, all four have all the technical skills they'll ever need. Technical skill is a means to an end (music), not an end in and of itself.

What's most important is who creates the best music. IMO Satriani is far and away the best at writing instrumental guitar music. Yngwie has written some brilliant instrumentals as well but he isn't as versatile and his later work is fairly derivative of his earlier work. Yngwie's non-instrumental work is lackluster ... he's only written a handful of good songs in his entire career and none are truly great. Vai's solo material doesn't do anything for me ... his shit is just too fucking weird for my tastes (I did dig his work with DLR though). Paul's instrumental work is outstanding but his true strength is writing great songs/riffs and coming up with terrifying solos that work in that context.

Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next