View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Paul Gilbert @ House of Blues, January 9, 2013: TICKET FS 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Paul Gilbert @ House of Blues, January 9, 2013: TICKET FS
It is now looking like I cannot make the PG show in Los Angeles next month. If anyone out there is interested in going, please send me a PM. I have one ticket at face value (plus TM's horrendous convenience fees). Total comes to $29.00. Please send me a PM if you are interested. Thanks!

Merry Christmas to everyone out there!

Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:29 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Post Re: Paul Gilbert @ House of Blues, January 9, 2013: TICKET F
Price drop to $23.00. I think this is the same price at the door. Just want to get this in the mail to somebody in time for the show if they can make it. Thanks for looking!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:58 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Hope somebody buys this. If only I lived in the US!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:29 am
is the Siren's Eye

Scarified909, I got your message, but seem to be having trouble replying. I do have the ticket available. Try emailing me directly at [email protected]. Thanks!

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:33 pm
God Of The Sun

Is it still available?

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:08 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

If a board member got it, review videonecessary!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:24 am
is the Siren's Eye

Was an awesome show, house of blues was packed. He played pretty much all of vibrato. Along with a bunch of covers and a medley of songs including, to be with you, mr Spock, hurry up, Paris Hilton look alike, green tinted, space ship one, alligator farm and a few other. Plus a new version of down to Mexico with a different feel. I'll post pictures and videos when I get to a computer.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:53 pm
Viking Kong

Damn Mr Spock??? He hasn`t played that in AGES!

I don't think i've ever seen him playing alligator farm live either!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:49 pm
Profile YIM
is the Siren's Eye

He just did a verse of each of them but it was pretty awesome. And also included was superheroes! There's vids on YouTube already. Check em out

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:13 am
is the Siren's Eye

Nobody bought my ticket and I was able to make it up to the show after all. Didn't seem as crowded as some of PG's previous LA shows. The set focused mainly on "Vibrato" material which sounded VERY good, but I just haven't really gelled with the album. I ended up leaving just before the first encore and walked past Billy Sheehan who was sitting at one of the tables right behind the mixing console. He was using the PGM800 with a term for the first couple of songs, than switched to the red FRM100 for most of the rest of the show. As another reviewer stated, he did a really cool medley of his solo & Mr. Big tunes on an Ibanez semi-hollowbody. Great show, but I didn't like it as much as the others only due my take on the new album.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:26 am
Viking Kong

jippy wrote:
Nobody bought my ticket and I was able to make it up to the show after all. Didn't seem as crowded as some of PG's previous LA shows. The set focused mainly on "Vibrato" material which sounded VERY good, but I just haven't really gelled with the album. I ended up leaving just before the first encore and walked past Billy Sheehan who was sitting at one of the tables right behind the mixing console. He was using the PGM800 with a term for the first couple of songs, than switched to the red FRM100 for most of the rest of the show. As another reviewer stated, he did a really cool medley of his solo & Mr. Big tunes on an Ibanez semi-hollowbody. Great show, but I didn't like it as much as the others only due my take on the new album.

It wasnt an 800 with a trem. It was the 401 with a trem. He used that guitar to record many songs on Vibrato.

The FRM definitely wasnt stock either. It had a HSH pickup configuration. The lower coil of the neck pickup and upper coil of the bridge pickup are were black so without looking closely it appears like it had 3 single coils.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 am
is the Siren's Eye

xjustice09x wrote:
jippy wrote:

It wasnt an 800 with a trem. It was the 401 with a trem. He used that guitar to record many songs on Vibrato.

The FRM definitely wasnt stock either. It had a HSH pickup configuration. The lower coil of the neck pickup and upper coil of the bridge pickup are were black so without looking closely it appears like it had 3 single coils.

Got it. I wasn't too far from the stage, but from where I was standing, there was no way I would have seen that his FRM was an HSH version. I found a stock FRM100 at Guitar Center Hollywood a few weeks ago when I was in the area. That guitar has a fantastic tone and very ballsy for single coils. Very impressive and I found the neck to very comfortable as well.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:45 am
Dr. X

If anyone could post the youtube videos on here that would be great!! I'd love to see footage of that medley he did!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:20 am
Godzilla

Here is the medley from HOB Hollywood 1/9/2013:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Yb-1LG6Pk

http://www.facebook.com/diatribute
http://www.facebook.com/whitelietheband

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:03 pm
Viking Kong

Wow!

Look who's here!