View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 .* * Mr. Big, World Tour 2011 Thread * *. 
Viking Kong

Post Re: .* * Mr. Big, World Tour 2011 Thread * *.
Reminds me of some Mario Bros. theme! hahaha

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:42 pm
Profile YIM
Superhero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm8dAq9t ... re=related

This one gets pretty crazy too. At 2:47 - those arpeggios remind me of something... Maybe Serrana? That always seemed like the popular thing to play with sweep picking.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

True... sounds like Serrana!

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:50 pm
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

Well, as I said before, I went to both concerts (Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre).

Both gigs were amazing as Sir Robin said!! Paul Gilbert "strangled the turkey" on his guitar.. AMAZING, ATOMIC!!

But the biggest surprise for me was that I TRAVELED WITH THE BAND from Sao Paulo to Porto Alegre!!!! THE HAPPIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE!! hahahaha

I could not talk to Eric because he was some rows in front of me, and he came out of the plane first than me... And he desapeared!

I first met Billy at the departure lounge in Sao Paulo. We took a picture and I asked about Paul.. He motioned with his shoulders saying he did not know.

Well.. When I was in the plane, I saw Paul comming in and I took a picture of him... He was about to do the heavy metal sign with his hand (\m/), but I took the photograph before...

Well, when we landed, I tried to run away out of the plane first than the band, but Eric was in front of me and I could not talk to him... :(

I waited Pat, and he was not with a friendly face (I think it was because they did not sleep so much in the last nigh), but he signed my What If cover.

Then, Paul came out of and I asked him for a picture! He was surprisingly friendly and took a picture with me and with my girl. He said he was not with a good face to take pictures, so he wore the hood of the jacket (HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA) I mentioned Tough Eskimo and I said that Im the owner of a website about him (http://www.paulgilbert.com.br [in portugueese]), but I think he was too sleepy to hear something.. and I spoke it loud, I know he has hearing problems.

Then He signed my album cover also!

When I was in the lobby to get my bags, I met Billy again and I asked him for a sign in my album cover (I forgot to ask when we met for the first time).

The Porto Alegre gig was in a very small place, then I could be very very close to the band!!! I took a picture of Paul´s pedalboard.

It was a great gig and they played one more song than in Sao Paulo (WILD WORLD).

Well, after I met the band I went to get the car I had rented while I was in Porto Alegre (cause Im from Sao Paulo)... and I realized that I lost my ID CARD (with my driver license)..... I needed that to get my car, my hotel AND MY TICKETS!!!!

Luckly, I could get all of these things with my girl's id...

I lost my documents but FUCK OFF! I TRAVELED WITH MR BIG!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:15 pm
Viking Kong

Talk about lucky! :lol:

That must've been amazing, man! Really cool!

Now I REALLY regret not going to Porto Alegre too! haha

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 pm
Profile YIM
Motorman

Haha!
That my friend! Is a cool story!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:35 pm
Godzilla

I kinda liked Undertoe on the videos of the shows,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hipUrxW91NE&NR=1

In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey, the monkey will spank [i]us[/i]! ~ Jason Mewes

"I didn't know Night Ranger had this many albums" ~ Veronica Mars

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:07 pm
Superhero

I find it to be a huge let down that they're not releasing a DVD from the tour this year. They might as well not play together anymore after this tour, and people who couldn't go to the shows won't see the new album in it's best version possible - live.

So let's hope they're going to stay together :D

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

How long do the shows usually last? I need to know for my own convenience :/

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:05 pm
Godzilla

Munich was two hours. I wouldn't have wanted it to be any longer, either.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:09 pm
King Of The Monsters

Here they did 2 hours also.

Image Image

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

From Linus of Hollywoods twitter:
Quote:
OH in the crowd after a Gilbert/Sheehan solo: "That's too much practicing. I ain't doin' that."
:lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:36 am
Viking Kong

SMOKE ON THE AGUA.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uNIMEjRPWM&feature=player_embedded#at=227

ala "Nightmare Cinema"......maybe they can call it "Mrs. Small" :chew:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:13 pm
Motorman

That Hellfest video never came out on the French site?
I clicked the link and searched the site but found nothing.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:54 am
Superhero

Nope, sadly - I don't think it did.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:17 am
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

I would really love to get an US Tour Shirt in XL

I could paypal you the money if someone would buy it for me at the show

What US tour shirts are existing? They look very different to the European and Japanese ones

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:36 pm
God Of The Sun

Does anyone know who the UK promoter is?

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Bear with me.

A group of us caught Mr. Big in Houston last night. I don’t want to post a detailed gig review here - because you already know how awesome the band is. I also don’t want to post any ‘personal experiences’ of the concert, or why I find myself miles from home in Beelzebub’s Kitchen that is Houston in summer.

That said, what I will say about last night’s concert was how disappointing the turn-out must have been to the band. Playing to a half-full venue -and the House of Blues is smallish anyway- does nothing for the reputation of Houston as a major music city. On the plus side there was a tonne of space to get a good view from any angle, which beats the last Mr. Big concert I went to (London 2009) where the only visible part of the band behind the first few rows was Paul’s head – not that this feature is far from anything to complain about. What was lacking in numbers was certainly made up for in audience appreciation though – Texan enthusiasm is really something to behold. Its also worth mentioning what an incredibly long set the band played last night (well over 2.5 hours) comprising a mix of the oldies and the newies and a surprise for Houston and one lucky lady in particular called Michelle who got Goin’ Where The Wind Blows played for her birthday. The sound balance was absolutely perfect too. Clearly the band was having as much of a blast as we were.

What I did want to do instead is share some thoughts I’ve been having about this tour so far, because it occurred to me what a varied- and on one level, completely bizarre - set of circumstances they have been through in order to entertain their fans over the past 5 months since April 2nd this year and I think it needs to be said somewhere. For example, they have endured post-tsunami and earthquake chaos –even aftershocks- in Japan, and a sandstorm in Beijing, been held up by volcanic ash clouds in Chile and Argentina, narrowly escaped the mother-of-all-hurricanes on the E. Coast US, nearly frozen to death in the Czech Republic, and are now slowly cooking in triple digits deg.F in Texas. On top of this “The travel schedule has been unbearable” [quoting Billy], they played Santiago on no sleep, overcame “Utterly incompetent, and downright stupid” [Billy again] stage managers at the Sonisphere festival in Switzerland who “did their best to screw up our show” [Billy], but failed. It seemed Taiwan was “just too dangerous” [Billy] to stay around to sign autographs and they were forced to cancel Shanghai due to promoter failure to arrange entry visas (I mean, COME ON!). And what the hell were Canada doing passing up their attempts to play there?

If all that doesn’t knock Ranulph Fiennes into a cocked hat for testing endurance, then I don’t know what will.

It seems, however, that none of this has stopped the band from packing out stadiums and smaller venues alike (ignoring Houston now). None of this has stopped them from having A LOT OF FUN on stage with renewed energy EVERY TIME to play 2.5 hours of awesomeness FOR US whatever the situation. I’m not even going to mention how tight they are as musicians or the amount of stand-alone talent each of them has, because you know all this. Not even the broken wrist (Eric), the slashed calluses (Billy), those sweat-soaked shirts (oh Billy….), the odd dropped note that no-one cared about or even noticed, and that truly bizarre fence thing at the Dublin gig, has deterred the band or audience from having an absolute blast across 29 countries and 4 continents so far. No hair has been caught in any hand-held electrical devices (well not on-stage anyway), and all told it seems the band really are the best of buddies this time around (no cheesy pun). I’ve read/heard nothing but excellent reviews by fans and those co-called music ‘critics’ alike across the board.

Finally, the happiness they spread in Japan following those horrifying events back in March, the 100 000 USD+ they made for the relief effort there, and the personal letter of thanks from the Japanese Ambassador in Washington D.C., deserves special mention again when other bands were pulling out.

I’m sure there is a lot of important stuff I missed.

Having pondered all this over the past few days, I have renewed respect for how much energy and integrity the band has. It’s the last date on the US Tour tonight (Dallas), then a month back in Europe from mid September. Fellow Europeans, prepare to be loudly rocked in the final leg of this epic tour – its something you really don’t want to miss.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:32 pm
Viking Kong

Well said man. Wise words come out of your... keyboard. :D

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:57 am
Profile YIM
Golden God

Great post....

I was lucky enough to have lunch with Paul a couple of weeks ago when the Mr. Big tour hit here in Detroit. He was in a great mood, and I could really tell that he was at ease and having FUN! It was really a great time that I will never forget. Thanks Paul....
I got to see Mr. Big that night from front row, and they just killed it. Great song selection, great vocals, jaw-dropping playing from Paul and Billy, but the thing that got me most was they ALL looked like they were having fun. Laughing, joking, and smiling the whole time. I've seen Mr. Big on every American tour since 89, and this was by far the best show yet......bravo.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next