View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Goin to a show, have a question.. 
Promises to use Search button

Post Goin to a show, have a question..
Hayja there folks! Atlast my account got activated... after half a year....
So i have this question, on wednesday im going to Pauls concert, since its not one of those gigantic scale concerts I was wondering if he does photo shots/signing after, b4 the shows? Would it be possible to take a pick with him ? Anyone been to his Fuzz" shows? :|

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:29 pm
God Of The Sun

Post Re: Goin to a show, have a question..
First of all, welcome!

About your last question, there's a thread about Paul's tour here, where you can read other members' (of this forum) reviews of his shows and such. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the other questions but that thread is a good place to start looking and eventually, someone will answer you.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:39 pm
Queen Dork of the board

(all that typing and I see I mis-answered. DOH! So, take 2...)

Welcome to the forum, Arunas!

It looks like you're going to Paul Gilbert's Vilnius concert at Club New York. One thing I was very hesitant about posting is that for that show only... the promoters, RelaxLive, have said "no" to taking pictures and shooting videos during the concert.

If you think you can get an exception, maybe you could try to talk to the promoters before the show, or talk to Paul's crew before the show.

Usually they want to make sure you are not trying to make money or sell bootlegs. Like you can't put the pictures on shirts or on CD's and sell them for a dollar. That sort of thing.
If you promise that you are not making any money (and you can prove it) then *usually* but not always, you can get some pictures and maybe a little video or 2.

I would say, talk to the promoter or the band/crew beforehand. Get permission before you shoot and you might be able to get some GREAT shots and close videos! The best quality! In general, for most PG tours, it seems like collecting 'personal souvenir' videos and pictures - like to put on your Facebook page, your blog, or on this forum - is okay with the band. I cannot, and will not, speak for them. I am mentioning this, based on my opinion as a photo and video collector, and I had close to 3500 pictures from the 2008 tour including close to 60 from Vilnius in '08!

Lastly, in the thread that Simon linked, there is a post with live-concert photo-taking advice from Lee Millward (wartypig). He's taken some of the best shots of Paul to be found! It is worth reading the tour thread just to find his advice, so you can get better quality images.

The band has been reported to "stay after" to sign things at many of the shows. It is not guaranteed, but if you wait by the tour bus after the show, MAYBE you can get something signed by Paul or get a picture taken with him. Try to not freeze your feet off waiting! Someone said they waited for 2 hours and finally were rewarded... anything can happen, best of luck! :)

Keep us updated and HAVE FUN!

-- Jenn, voluminous typist, queen dork of the board.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:36 pm
Viking Kong

Wait around after the show and the band will be glad to talk for a bit.l My only regret at London was I didn't wait around long enough.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:49 pm

I'v never been to such an event, how does one find these promoters,crew at a place with such a number of people? I'd imagine im not the only one that would like to get a pick with Paul, and Id also imagine I'd just get "shush, go away Pauls busy" or "hey what are you doing over here, get away" treatment :(

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:36 pm
Viking Kong

In 07 Paul sat in a booth as everyone was leaving so we could all go up to him in queue, this year people that stayed behind outside the venue saw the band as they were leaving the venue and they had a little chat.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:41 pm
Viking Kong

I just waited between the exit and the bus and they came out after... about an hour and a bit, I think.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Thanks guys, I got to meet him & get a few picks.
Seriously, he was one really,really, REALLY shy person.
But anyway the show ROCKED

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Couldnt find edit, so EDIT:
I was also suprised how many photographers were there, when the show started they just poped out of no where right infront of the FIRST row and started tacking picks with theyr supper dupper photo camers, they were snaping picks only during the first song, well atleast thats what i saw( and i was in the front row 8) )

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:01 pm
Dr. X

Arunas wrote:
Thanks guys, I got to meet him & get a few picks.
Seriously, he was one really,really, REALLY shy person.

come on, give us your story!
I love stories!! :D

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Well after the show, me and a couple of other unknown guys were waiting for him to come out and take a few pics.
Sadly the manager there told us not to wait because it will most probably take very long( because they are eating, taking a shower, relaxing before the trip). However she did say that if got some cd's/things to sign we can give them, and she will get them to Paul for signing.
Sadly at this point. I cursed myself for not having nothing to sign, and almost lost hope of not getting a snap shot.
So I thought aw what the * I'll just camp here until i get a picture no matter what.
10 minutes later security came up and told us to exit the club.
So all of the "hardcore" ( only ~10 ) fans went outside and I heard all of them say: "Ok so this is it... no pics" and i said: "Common guys we can wait" then i got a reply from a bunch: "Nah its very cold and we will prolly freeze to death until we get those picks" - so they all left.

Thus I was left alone near the main entrance, since I came from another town and my bus was only leaving the following morning I though "oh what the *" I'll wait even if i die, its late, I'm all alone and its not like I have somthing better to do.

So I started walking around the building searching for the so called tour-bus. To my surprise it was just around THE CORNER.
And there were 3-5 other peps waiting out there, freezing theyr buts of, waiting for the band to come out, so I got close and just asked them if i can "join in" - ok.

After ~20minutes the stuff was getting loaded on to the bus-waggon/tail-waggon of the buss( dunno how its called) and then the driver came out for a smoke.

After going back in he shouted: 10 minutes

So we were all like: Yay ALMOST HERE!!

Sadly we frozze for another hour and a half and the band finnaly came out.!!!
Paul exited last and we walked up to him and started asking for a pick, saying how much the concert rocked etc.
He seemed very lost, shy, it's as if you would give a guitar to a complete stranger who never played it and told him to PLAY IT.
While we are saying/asking thing to him he didnt really seem to reply, he seemed sorta confused??
The only thing we( I ) heard from him is a reply to "Please come again sometime" - He said: Yeah, certainly.

So we got our picks and parted our ways. :mrgreen:

P.S. I kinda felt sad at that moment because he seemed ^ the way i described it ^ and also most of the croud we're *sorry* douchebags :? Maybe that got him down. Most we're like zombies.

Sorry for the typos.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]