View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:36 am



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Never seen BC Rich add 
Author Message
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Posts: 5559
Location: Bra-silk
Post Never seen BC Rich add
Isn't that Paul on the top left?

Image

_________________
Image
JeffMartin wrote:
Incredibly cool artwork.
You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.


Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:43 am
Posts: 2041
Location: Almada, Portugal
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
If it's not then whoever the guy is sure looks a lot like Paul.


Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 5299
Location: France
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
Good find

_________________
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/beefsteaknimommy/ARXBA%2008/acidwire-bq-1.jpg[/img]

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !


Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:49 pm
Profile
Dr. X
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 160
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
the numbers obviously point to something, maybe this was from a magazine?


Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:25 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Posts: 5559
Location: Bra-silk
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
I don't know. I was looking for BCRich on Google and this just popped out on this very amateur looking website!

I don't recognize anyone but Paul and Dave Mustaine, both holding guitars I've never seen them play!

_________________
Image
JeffMartin wrote:
Incredibly cool artwork.
You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.


Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:28 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 6031
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
Sir Robin wrote:
I don't recognize anyone but Paul and Dave Mustaine, both holding guitars I've never seen them play!



Number 4 looks like John Butcher, number 2 looks like Tony MacAlpine, and the guy to Dave Mustain's left looks like Bernie Rico Jr. The bass player standing in the upper right sort of looks like Jimmy Bain (and he did play a BC Rich), but the picture quality just sucks too bad to know for sure. Number 6, number 3, and the guy behind Tony MacAlpine with the light brown long hair look very familiar but I can't place them (again the bad picture quality makes it very difficult)

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:53 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 6031
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
I'm a member of the BC Rich forum, so I posted the pic over there to see if anyone else could contribute some more names of the peple in the photo. So far I got...The guy above #2 being Geoff Gayer and the one above #3 being Michael Olivieri and the one over #6's shoulder being Carey Howe...all from Leatherwolf (they had three guitarists). Also I was incorrect when I said the guy next to Dave Mustaine was Bernie Rico jr, it was actually Bernie Rico sr (BC Rich founder).

_________________
Image


Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:01 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Posts: 5559
Location: Bra-silk
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
Pretty good LoQ!

(although I've never heard of those guys! :lol: )

_________________
Image
JeffMartin wrote:
Incredibly cool artwork.
You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.


Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:47 pm
Profile YIM
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 874
Location: WICK, scotland
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
The Guy behind Mustaine (#3) looks like Craig Goldy (Dio) i know he was definately a keen BC Rich user!

_________________
RAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKK


Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:27 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:00 pm
Posts: 833
Location: Far Beyond The Sun
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
Sir Robin wrote:
I don't know. I was looking for BCRich on Google and this just popped out on this very amateur looking website!

I don't recognize anyone but Paul and Dave Mustaine, both holding guitars I've never seen them play!


I read that Dave Mustaine played BC Rich in his early days.
In 1986 he approached Jackson and asked them in they could make him a custom Jackson.

_________________
Image


Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:36 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Posts: 5559
Location: Bra-silk
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
Yeah, but Dave played one of those 10 string BCRichs (I forgot the name). He actually strung it normally.

But he is holding a very weird looking guitar. looks like the one Marty Friedman used to play in his early days.

_________________
Image
JeffMartin wrote:
Incredibly cool artwork.
You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.


Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:31 pm
Profile YIM
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:31 pm
Posts: 617
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
Dave's holding an Ironbird. Those look awesome


Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:26 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:04 am
Posts: 592
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Never seen BC Rich add
LoQ wrote:
Sir Robin wrote:
I don't recognize anyone but Paul and Dave Mustaine, both holding guitars I've never seen them play!



Number 4 looks like John Butcher, number 2 looks like Tony MacAlpine, and the guy to Dave Mustain's left looks like Bernie Rico Jr. The bass player standing in the upper right sort of looks like Jimmy Bain (and he did play a BC Rich), but the picture quality just sucks too bad to know for sure. Number 6, number 3, and the guy behind Tony MacAlpine with the light brown long hair look very familiar but I can't place them (again the bad picture quality makes it very difficult)


That's Paul Carman (bassist - Leatherwolf) behind Dave Mustaine.

_________________
http://www.blacksabbathtribute.net
http://www.facebook.com/drumslut
http://www.facebook.com/electricfuneralrocks
http://www.facebook.com/diatribute
http://www.facebook.com/whitelietheband


Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:00 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.