View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 + + PG Fuzz Universe 2010 Tour Thread + + 
Godzilla

Post Re: + + PG Fuzz Universe 2010 Tour Thread + +
flying-dino wrote:
@elfranchicano : I think FER is going to the Madrid show. :)

Yes, I will be there :)

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 am
Dr. X

Perfecto FER.
Acabo de ver tus videos en tu canal de youtube. Si te veo alli, que te reconozco te invito a una cerveza.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:26 am
Godzilla

elfranchicano wrote:
Perfecto FER.
Acabo de ver tus videos en tu canal de youtube. Si te veo alli, que te reconozco te invito a una cerveza.

Y yo que pensaba que por perpetrar esos vídeos ganaría de todo menos invitaciones... :D

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm
Dr. X

jajajaja pos ya ves , andabas equivocado jajajaja.
te reconocere seguramente. alli nos vemos

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:52 pm
Godzilla

elfranchicano wrote:
jajajaja pos ya ves , andabas equivocado jajajaja.
te reconocere seguramente. alli nos vemos

Will you show Paul your fireman? :) (para que me entiendan todos)

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:05 pm
Viking Kong

Spanish is so gay :lol:

jk

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:08 pm
Profile YIM
Queen Dork of the board

Given that this is a tour outside of English-speaking countries, it's awesome to see some native language here. Hopefully this will happen in the Mr. Big world tour thread too. Solidarity! :)
[I had that post & idea queued up before Sir Robin's, so please realize this is not an attack on him or his post at all!]

Here we go, we can hear (most of) the bonus track finally! Milan got the honors.
http://www.youtube.com/user/QueenHg39
Leave That Junk Alone
... and Pablo sounds great!

Compared to the previous tours, there is very little Italian footage online and the photos have been impossible to find (so far). Weird, but well worth waiting for! :)

Tonight is the first French show, and after this... one more week of concerts and then the tour will end.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:27 pm
Queen Dork of the board

Hmm... well I have 2 huge batches of newly-found of pictures on deck right now. There's one in particular, from Milan, that I really appreciate, as it is poignant.

You guys are probably surprised at that. It's different. We've seen so many pictures of Paul with his arm up in the air, bending the strings to where they look like they'll break if he goes one more millimeter!, or making one of those crazy faces. [guess alert!] Here, it isn't a moment of musical ecstacy or insanity, more like... a moment of stark realism. The world as it is and not as how it should be. Maybe neutrality, maybe a tisk or a fleeting fragment of disappointment. Or maybe just lost in thought about what the next sequence of notes is. [/end guess] Whatever it is, whatever elusive character was there for that split second, the photographer got it, and it's perfect.

That's a rare one, even more rare then the "serbiz Paul bio shots" (like the business suit artist card being given to the VIP students) and it should be seen by everyone who's a fan! All that said, I'm back to looking for the smiley happy crazy (occasionally sweaty) Paul, guitar in hand, millions of inaudible notes forever ringing out of the strings, captured for just a split second!

I'm not sure if the URL will take you to [devu]'s stash or not - I picked the image up from a blog, probably his. He photographed the Mr. Big tour in Milan as well, and I spoke to him back then about picture permission. I forget what our talks amounted to other then, 'no you can't put these on your own blog' so that was cool and we went our separate ways. I forgot that he existed until right now! It's great to see him in action again - these pictures are even better then 2009's. I won't be blogging his work, because this is his wish, and he is VERY polite. Hunt him down on Flickr if you want to see his stash of (really nice) pictures.

The other batch is from Bucharest. :)

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:54 am
Godzilla

Sir Robin wrote:
Spanish is so gay :lol:

jk

That must be the reason you know it´s Spanish :D JK too :)

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:14 am
Queen Dork of the board

OK, ok, one more. It's Craig, and I see he's in on the 'F.U Tour' action as well. Since the only other image with the silly hand gesture was "stolen", a happy moment - maybe this one will be "stolen" too! :) I've looked through every other picture since the "theft" to see if I can find any more to put here for possible stealing - nope! Hope springs eternal...
I'm only posting this one more, because it's from a different source and account then [devu] main account, so it takes the collecting pressure off [devu].

I couldn't find [devu] right away, but his whole collection from the 2010 show is on Flickr here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/metalitali ... 460545301/

This one comes from MetalItalia.it. Same blogging & collecting restrictions. He would like his pictures to be exclusive to him and to MetalItalia.
Now that you have your teaser, check 'em out, and please make sure to visit him and MetalItalia! :)

+

Missed this great Athens footage:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Vissarion24

Nothing from France yet. Z-7 is up next!

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:19 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Hey guys!

Yesterday i was in Strasbourg for the VIP lesson.

It was ... amazing! Paul is such a great guy! He learned to us a lot of great things!

Here are two pictures! :D

Before the show i went to the merchandising in order to choose my tshirt and of course I took the "Paul gilbert telesavalas" tshirt! :D

The show was great too! 8)

1987 : Paul and Bruce
2007 : Tak and MDucran

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:38 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

God the closer it gets the more nervous I get...

Anyone remember what happened at the last show of the 2008 tour????

I wish something special to happen :D

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:00 pm
Dr. X

No FER, I can't bring my guitar to Madrid. I'm on a business trip. My dear guitar's stayed in France

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:38 pm
Queen Dork of the board

@Max D. : AWESOME. Those are really cool pictures! If you get a chance, tell us about your lesson please?
... The paint job on the wall reminds me of the Kikusui logo and the Fuzz Universe cover - how appropriate! ...

@elfranchicano : Are you the one who owns the 24kt gold bound, cabinet grade walnut (?) Fireman replica? That is an amazingly beautiful guitar with just the right amount of flash. Too bad you couldn't bring it (if so).

A more substantial update --

Sampler of photos from Bucharest by IConcert.ro:

http://www.youtube.com/user/8rasil3iro
(Little Wing, Milan, on their channel.)
Italy without revisiting some Hendrix would be like half a show. :) The Hendrix covers seemed to be, nearly always the highlight of reviews. Apparently they loved this!

Mini-review for Strasbourg, by Jereme V.:
http://jeremevee.blogspot.com/2010/12/pg.html
"Paul Gilbert in my town yesterday = Great ! This guy is so cool (& unfortunately so good too which is very disheartening...).
It was a very small concert hall but crowded ! First time I didn't see all the stage!"

Setlist for Z-7:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-gilb ... 28fbb.html

Some pictures from Strasbourg, by Petra Leusmann:

Photo of Live Equipment, by Stringworks.ch, which will have an interview with Paul posted by the end of the week or something like that:

Onward to Lyon, where it's hoped the lighting will be much better, as Alex Coesnon says he's going, and he did a fantastic job with the pictures in 2008, despite "crappy lighting"...

Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:12 am
Queen Dork of the board

Last-minute media teaser: Aagh, oh no! CityFM in Bucharest says they have an interview with Paul, set to air at 13:40 (6:40 am EST... it's about 3:35 am EST now). LUCKILY this station has an Internet broadcast. So I'm trying to queue up the streaming broadcast and I already got 2 error messages. What do you think the chances of me emailing them to get the file (after broadcast of course) just to check it out are?

Maybe one of you guys will be able to catch it.
Radio Station: http://www.cityfm.ro/
Link to the PR:
http://www.exclusivnews.ro/mass-media/p ... ityfm.html

Just in case you guys are only looking at pictures and links, here's some more tour-update-ish stuff.

A few 'raw' shots from Milan, by Marco Mercàntili:

4 nice & very expressive shots from Milan, by Master74 (no further contact info. available, sorry!):

+

The Z-7 set list is on setlist.fm and Down To Mexico unaccompanied, got dropped. *sigh*

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:31 am
Dr. X

@Flying-Dino: Yes I am the owner of the 24 carat Fireman replica.

Too bad I can't even bring it to Madrid. I can'y even attend the VIP sessions. Don't have time.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:40 am
Queen Dork of the board

@elfranchicano: That's unfortunate! Your Fireman replica is so beautiful, and you put so much work into it. The pictures are nice, but to see it in person would be somethin' else.
It's great that you can see Paul on this tour though, VIP or not. Have fun getting your socks rocked off!

Correction to one of my notes above:
Someone's going to get a setlist edit... here's the first-to-publish video from Z-7.
http://www.youtube.com/user/porzelan1967
HAH! Another case of not taking things prima facie. So glad to see DTM's still in the set.
I'm kinda scared to jump on the post (I hope it's been edited already actually), because the person who added that Z-7 setlist is a mod, and I just joined the site a few hours ago... luckily, we're both Paul fans! :)

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:07 am
Queen Dork of the board

Woohoo!
Hunt successful.
That was a VERY exciting typing speed test.

At about 6 am I got the radio broadcast to work. I sat through a bunch of bands I'm used to hearing in America... on Romanian lunchtime radio (including at least 2 songs I recognized: Hell's Bells, and a cover of White Wedding). Felt like I should be driving to work! hehe.

Good news. The French gentleman wrote me back with 9 minutes to go before the Romanian interview. He was still looking for suggestions. I typed up some stuff for him right away, completely ad-hoc. Maybe some of it will be useable.
He said that the int. will be typed, translated to French, and put on the Web, so we will get to see it in some form! *happiness*
I didn't stop trying to think up Q's until Paul started talking...

Little did I know the Romanians were going to do the same thing to Pablo that the Bulgarians at StarFM did to him in 2009, the most aggravating thing... talk over him the whole time. WTF. In Japan they do the translating after the artist is finished speaking.
(if you have a time limit on-air, get the artist to do an on-air spot. Put the int. on the Web as a podcast, don't kill it with over-talk... *sigh*)

I was able to get everything he said without a single 'pause'. It's very disjointed & partial because after every 6-7 words, they'd cut him off and start speaking Romanian. I think there MIGHT be 5 complete sentences in this. I'll get it re-questioned & formatted & out to you guys asap. It's not much, but it's undiluted Paul, and in English.

Sidenote, guess alert... Either he'd just woken up or had a cold, because he had the low, gritty Johnny Cash voice going the whole time. [/guess] (He even sang a little bit of Leave That Junk Alone - very well!)

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:22 pm
Dr. X

Jenn, if you need some translation from french to english let me know. I'm french. don't hesitate if you need some help.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:25 pm
Queen Dork of the board

@elfranchicano : Merci beaucoup pour votre offre généreuse. I will keep it in mind!

Consolation prize! The Romanian talky-interviewy crew published some nice pics... (these are by Mihai Anghel)

None of Tony. I'm not leaving him out, there are none.
Let's not despair! An Italian photographer, Ombretta Ciarrocchi, published in 2 spots today, some shots from Rome. They are quite nice.

That's PLENTY good enough. If my blog frontpage wasn't about Paul's tour, this would be the new FP image. Someone should email it to his wife/manager... I would but I think they all have me on temporary tour jinx/annoying girl ban or something, and I don't want to risk him not getting it!

Here are some vids!
Rome:
http://www.youtube.com/user/1crisangel
Strasbourg (by someone from Argentina!):
http://www.youtube.com/user/DiosEol
Pratteln:
http://www.youtube.com/user/schmidwalter

Nothing from Lyon yet, but the night is young...

The mini-tour of Spain begins tomorrow in Barcelona. :)

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next