View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:13 am



Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Giant Black Hole Consumed All The Fests! 
Author Message
Queen Dork of the board
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:14 pm
Posts: 3545
Location: Ethereal Being, USA
Post The Giant Black Hole Consumed All The Fests!
The same alien invasion that consumed the Racer X board for ~60 hours, also ate up all of Paul's fest appearances.

I smell a big tour cooking. But it had better be good catering this time. McDonald's is NOT catering!

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~


Last edited by flying-dino on Thu May 14, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:18 pm
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 am
Posts: 8618
Location: Las Gárgolas, California
Post 
What the.. when did Paul's band become 'gods of metal'??

Racer X should be playing.

_________________
Jason Kahrs
October 1, 1973 - January 5, 2010
Rest In Peace My Friend


Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:13 am
Posts: 3076
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Post 
According to Groovebox.it, SLIPKNOT, HEAVEN AND HELL, MÖTLEY CRÜE, DREAM THEATER, BLIND GUARDIAN, CARCASS, TARJA, EPICA, VOIVOD, TESLA, PAUL GILBERT, CYNIC and NAPALM DEATH have been confirmed for this year's edition of Italy's Gods Of Metal festival.


:shock:

Mr. Big Japanese tour dates for June 2009:
6 / 5 Zepp Sapporo
6 / 7 Zepp Sendai
6 / 9 Kouseinenkin Hall Ishikawa
6 / 10 Zepp Nagoya
6 / 12 Zepp Hukuoka
6 / 15 Grand Cube Osaka
6 / 17 Hiroshima ALSOK Hall
6 / 18 Osaka Kouseinenkin Hall
6 / 20 Budokan

Maybe its Mr Big...

_________________
ImageImageImage


Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:42 am
Posts: 552
Post 
hammer_away wrote:
According to Groovebox.it, SLIPKNOT, HEAVEN AND HELL, MÖTLEY CRÜE, DREAM THEATER, BLIND GUARDIAN, CARCASS, TARJA, EPICA, VOIVOD, TESLA, PAUL GILBERT, CYNIC and NAPALM DEATH have been confirmed for this year's edition of Italy's Gods Of Metal festival.


HOLY HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL


Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Posts: 5555
Location: Bra-silk
Post 
This is SO weird. I bet it is Mr. BIG.

EDIT: They should bring this lineup to Waken Rocks Brazil. They should bring Mr. BIG to Waken Rocks Brazil :P

_________________
Image
JeffMartin wrote:
Incredibly cool artwork.
You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.


Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:02 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:55 pm
Posts: 6676
Location: Southern Ontario
Post 
Sir Robin wrote:
EDIT: They should bring this lineup to Waken Rocks Brazil. They should bring Mr. BIG to Waken Rocks Brazil :P


They should come to Canada.


Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:09 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 2311
Location: Austria?
Post 
Umm... if that'll turn out to be Racer X or Mr. Big im so there

if not then there is still a 75% chance that I'll be either to Gods of metal in Italy or to that swedish metal festival... http://www.swedenrock.com/frameset.cfm

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/guitardouchebaggery <--my stupid channel


Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:09 am
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Post 
Im waiting for Sweden Rock to announce more bands until i decide to go ^^


Dream Theater ,Twisted Sister , Europe and god what is his name... Chris Impritelli ? (spelling?)

is the bands i would like to see :D

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:51 pm
Posts: 1863
Post 
I hope it's Mr. Big, the avenue is less than 50 km far from me!!
Too bad I've spent a lot of money on Bruce Springsteen's concerts..

_________________
Good-bye Jason, we'll miss you..


Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 am
Posts: 6727
Post 
That's interesting. It's kind of random to see all those drop C - Drop B riffers and see Paul in the middle.


And although I don't like their singer, the festival is missing Nevermore.


Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:58 pm
Profile
Queen Dork of the board
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:14 pm
Posts: 3545
Location: Ethereal Being, USA
Post 
Blargh! [cancellation edit #2]

Well, at least it's just "scheduling conflicts"... what I want to know is, what's the secret conflicting schedule? :)

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~


Last edited by flying-dino on Thu May 14, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:30 pm
Profile
Viking Kong

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 am
Posts: 6727
Post 
I'm thinking about this now, and it is NOT METAL for Paul Gilbert to be playing solo material for this. I mean what? Through the Telephone Pole? NOT metal. Paul Vs. Godzilla? Nope. Eud. Overture? Hell no. This is disappointing. Jeff Loomis's solo material would be MUCH more suited towards this audience.

He only has a couple instrumental tunes that are metal enough, but more than half are with RACER X, and are best played with RACER X.

Viking Kong.
Tech Diff.
Scarified.
King of Monsters.
Catapult.

Well, I guess he could play the Gargoyle and Curse. Maybe even Let the Computer Decide...but it doesn't look good to me. I understand the need for a musician like Paul to branch out, but when he starts getting billed to a METAL show and doesn't play with a METAL band, it bothers me. It's like Paul is saying that he doesn't want to do it anymore (which could be the case).

Anyway, what I want to see is Racer X playing SUPERHEROES in a large arena.

Incidentally, Mick from Slipknot is a very big Racer X fan. And John has played with Paul at G3. John knows when to bring in the heavy metal and leave the instrumental stuff behind. Both players have uber heavy material. To compete with scary heavies such as them, Paul needs to bring in his scary heavy comrades from the X. It is the only way.


Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:44 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Posts: 5555
Location: Bra-silk
Post 
flying-dino wrote:
Too bad Brazil are being dumb with their Visa/Passport stuff. It isn't a non-Brazilian's fault they can't get in to the country. Plague your gov't with requests to let some citizens in and maybe it'll happen.


we are not "being dumb" with Visa stuff. It happened to Paul probably because his management left it to the latest hour. Have you ever herad of a band that is supposed to play somewhere and expect to get its Visa one week before? That sounded to me very unprofessional. Of course, It was my country's "fault" for not letting the US citizens get Visas as easyly as they could. You know what I JUST remembered? One of my host brothers from the US was here in Brazil at the time, and he was going to go see Paul Gilbert with me HERE. Well, he got his Visa about 2 or 3 MONTHS before the show.

A lot of Rock/Metal bands like to play in Brazil/South America. That's why we have Albums like "Ruch In Rio", "Iron Maiden -Rock In Rio", following Scorpions DVD, following Fight DVD in Rock In Rio and so many others. Also, that is WHY they choose BRAZIL to hold the very first Waken outside Europe. I don't know if that's going to work out, but they did choose us.

Yes, my country is stupid, but we have never been stupid enough to let Rock and Heavy Metal bands stay out of here! :lol:

_________________
Image
JeffMartin wrote:
Incredibly cool artwork.
You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.


Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:16 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Post 
Refried Bean wrote:
I'm thinking about this now, and it is NOT METAL for Paul Gilbert to be playing solo material for this. I mean what? Through the Telephone Pole? NOT metal. Paul Vs. Godzilla? Nope. Eud. Overture? Hell no. This is disappointing. Jeff Loomis's solo material would be MUCH more suited towards this audience.

He only has a couple instrumental tunes that are metal enough, but more than half are with RACER X, and are best played with RACER X.

Viking Kong.
Tech Diff.
Scarified.
King of Monsters.
Catapult.

Well, I guess he could play the Gargoyle and Curse. Maybe even Let the Computer Decide...but it doesn't look good to me. I understand the need for a musician like Paul to branch out, but when he starts getting billed to a METAL show and doesn't play with a METAL band, it bothers me. It's like Paul is saying that he doesn't want to do it anymore (which could be the case).

Anyway, what I want to see is Racer X playing SUPERHEROES in a large arena.

Incidentally, Mick from Slipknot is a very big Racer X fan. And John has played with Paul at G3. John knows when to bring in the heavy metal and leave the instrumental stuff behind. Both players have uber heavy material. To compete with scary heavies such as them, Paul needs to bring in his scary heavy comrades from the X. It is the only way.


Haha you cant think like that!

Joe Satriani came to Sweden Rock last year and played his usual set and it was loved by all! :)

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Queen Dork of the board
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:14 pm
Posts: 3545
Location: Ethereal Being, USA
Post 
The main issue is gonna be jet lag, not who's on before or after PG :).

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~


Last edited by flying-dino on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:43 pm
Profile
Viking Kong

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 am
Posts: 6727
Post 
ReXiX wrote:
Refried Bean wrote:
I'm thinking about this now, and it is NOT METAL for Paul Gilbert to be playing solo material for this. I mean what? Through the Telephone Pole? NOT metal. Paul Vs. Godzilla? Nope. Eud. Overture? Hell no. This is disappointing. Jeff Loomis's solo material would be MUCH more suited towards this audience.

He only has a couple instrumental tunes that are metal enough, but more than half are with RACER X, and are best played with RACER X.

Viking Kong.
Tech Diff.
Scarified.
King of Monsters.
Catapult.

Well, I guess he could play the Gargoyle and Curse. Maybe even Let the Computer Decide...but it doesn't look good to me. I understand the need for a musician like Paul to branch out, but when he starts getting billed to a METAL show and doesn't play with a METAL band, it bothers me. It's like Paul is saying that he doesn't want to do it anymore (which could be the case).

Anyway, what I want to see is Racer X playing SUPERHEROES in a large arena.

Incidentally, Mick from Slipknot is a very big Racer X fan. And John has played with Paul at G3. John knows when to bring in the heavy metal and leave the instrumental stuff behind. Both players have uber heavy material. To compete with scary heavies such as them, Paul needs to bring in his scary heavy comrades from the X. It is the only way.


Haha you cant think like that!

Joe Satriani came to Sweden Rock last year and played his usual set and it was loved by all! :)




I guess so. I just feel uncomfortable with Paul NOT playing heavy metal at a heavy metal concert.

Don't get me wrong. I love how Paul is getting publicity and all that. I love his solo material and would go see him if he were playing at a metal festival here or something. I just feel strongly that it is Racer X who should be playing...I mean...

Slipknot...Dream Theater... followed up by Paul?

Or Slipknot...Dream Theater...and then RACER X?

Just my opinion.


Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:30 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:44 pm
Posts: 11819
Post 
It's going to be very strange.....

A metal show....METAL show. It's almost like when Jimi Hendrix opened for the Monkeys.

_________________
Ken Hower Wrote: My advice to everyone.....DO NOT purchase any of these photographs....Tim Findlay can jack off to his hearts content over his killer pictures...alone.

Regards,
Ken


Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Posts: 5555
Location: Bra-silk
Post 
Refried Bean wrote:
ReXiX wrote:
Refried Bean wrote:
I'm thinking about this now, and it is NOT METAL for Paul Gilbert to be playing solo material for this. I mean what? Through the Telephone Pole? NOT metal. Paul Vs. Godzilla? Nope. Eud. Overture? Hell no. This is disappointing. Jeff Loomis's solo material would be MUCH more suited towards this audience.

He only has a couple instrumental tunes that are metal enough, but more than half are with RACER X, and are best played with RACER X.

Viking Kong.
Tech Diff.
Scarified.
King of Monsters.
Catapult.

Well, I guess he could play the Gargoyle and Curse. Maybe even Let the Computer Decide...but it doesn't look good to me. I understand the need for a musician like Paul to branch out, but when he starts getting billed to a METAL show and doesn't play with a METAL band, it bothers me. It's like Paul is saying that he doesn't want to do it anymore (which could be the case).

Anyway, what I want to see is Racer X playing SUPERHEROES in a large arena.

Incidentally, Mick from Slipknot is a very big Racer X fan. And John has played with Paul at G3. John knows when to bring in the heavy metal and leave the instrumental stuff behind. Both players have uber heavy material. To compete with scary heavies such as them, Paul needs to bring in his scary heavy comrades from the X. It is the only way.


Haha you cant think like that!

Joe Satriani came to Sweden Rock last year and played his usual set and it was loved by all! :)




I guess so. I just feel uncomfortable with Paul NOT playing heavy metal at a heavy metal concert.

Don't get me wrong. I love how Paul is getting publicity and all that. I love his solo material and would go see him if he were playing at a metal festival here or something. I just feel strongly that it is Racer X who should be playing...I mean...

Slipknot...Dream Theater... followed up by Paul?

Or Slipknot...Dream Theater...and then RACER X?

Just my opinion.


Agreed.

Paul's solo material doesn't have enough Heavy Metal into it. It's too much pop oriented. Maybe his show is going to suck and the crowd won't like it, then he'll get the X guys to show them some revenge! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
Image
JeffMartin wrote:
Incredibly cool artwork.
You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.


Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:30 pm
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:19 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Brazil
Post 
Sir Robin wrote:
This is SO weird. I bet it is Mr. BIG.

EDIT: They should bring this lineup to Waken Rocks Brazil. They should bring Mr. BIG to Waken Rocks Brazil :P


Yeaaaah!!!

_________________
Live to Rock to Live


Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:04 pm
Profile
Viking Kong

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 am
Posts: 6727
Post 
Sir Robin wrote:
Refried Bean wrote:
ReXiX wrote:
Refried Bean wrote:
I'm thinking about this now, and it is NOT METAL for Paul Gilbert to be playing solo material for this. I mean what? Through the Telephone Pole? NOT metal. Paul Vs. Godzilla? Nope. Eud. Overture? Hell no. This is disappointing. Jeff Loomis's solo material would be MUCH more suited towards this audience.

He only has a couple instrumental tunes that are metal enough, but more than half are with RACER X, and are best played with RACER X.

Viking Kong.
Tech Diff.
Scarified.
King of Monsters.
Catapult.

Well, I guess he could play the Gargoyle and Curse. Maybe even Let the Computer Decide...but it doesn't look good to me. I understand the need for a musician like Paul to branch out, but when he starts getting billed to a METAL show and doesn't play with a METAL band, it bothers me. It's like Paul is saying that he doesn't want to do it anymore (which could be the case).

Anyway, what I want to see is Racer X playing SUPERHEROES in a large arena.

Incidentally, Mick from Slipknot is a very big Racer X fan. And John has played with Paul at G3. John knows when to bring in the heavy metal and leave the instrumental stuff behind. Both players have uber heavy material. To compete with scary heavies such as them, Paul needs to bring in his scary heavy comrades from the X. It is the only way.


Haha you cant think like that!

Joe Satriani came to Sweden Rock last year and played his usual set and it was loved by all! :)




I guess so. I just feel uncomfortable with Paul NOT playing heavy metal at a heavy metal concert.

Don't get me wrong. I love how Paul is getting publicity and all that. I love his solo material and would go see him if he were playing at a metal festival here or something. I just feel strongly that it is Racer X who should be playing...I mean...

Slipknot...Dream Theater... followed up by Paul?

Or Slipknot...Dream Theater...and then RACER X?

Just my opinion.


Agreed.

Paul's solo material doesn't have enough Heavy Metal into it. It's too much pop oriented. Maybe his show is going to suck and the crowd won't like it, then he'll get the X guys to show them some revenge! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:




Yeah! I mean, what is a better way to get Racer X publicity?

Bring Racer X to a heavy metal festival! Duuuh. :P


Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:22 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.