View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 NEW? Pg Interview 
Queen Dork of the board

Paul's been praising Guthrie Govan in interviews for the past 2, maybe 3, years. It's always great to see. I wonder if Guthrie's been approached to do some work with Paul; that would be awesome! I thought that part was hilarious because the interviewer was like "who?" and Paul was pretty much like (this is a paraphrase from memory)... see? my point exactly.

Bring guitar back to the people! :)

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:54 am
God Of The Sun

"you’ve got a guy like Guthrie Govan, who’s an amazing guitar player, but he’s only known to other guitar players. If I can have anything to do with turning that around and [grandly] bringing guitar back to the people, that’d be great.

Who?

As you see, only guitar people know him. His name is Guthrie Govan. He’s all over Youtube. He’s just a stunning guitar player."

Levi! LEVI! Read this!!

guitar players dont even know him!

remember those kids at the gig...

"all i need to see now is john petrucci and joe satriani and iv seen the best guitar players in the world"

"errr no...you need to see guthrie govan"

"who"

"guthrie govan...he is by FAR the most technically gifted player on this earth"

"hes not better than john petrucci"

*face palm*

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

Glad I'm seeing Guthrie with Erotic Cakes in my town the 26. 8) Then I can die in peace.

Fender HH Tele / RG7321 / Gunslinger -> Pitchblack -> BYOC Wah -> DOD FX25B -> Phase100 -> Xotic EP Booster -> Xotic BB Preamp -> Eventide TimeFactor -> Carvin X100B -> Dr.Z Air Brake -> Orange 2x12

Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:28 am
Superhero

Glad I'm seeing Guthrie with Erotic Cakes in my town the 26. 8) Then I can die in peace.

Have a great time. There are no words to describe the man. So I won't try to find any...

"That's no good; too much belly."

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:28 am
Queen Dork of the board

http://www.guitargearheads.com/modules/ ... toryid=917

~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:07 am
Viking Kong

[quote="flying-dino"]Here's what Paul was apparently doing (at least partly) on his day off, Sept. 11...
[quote]

Darn, if I'd realised he was free on his day off, I would've invited him to the gig I was playing in London that evening! :P

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Queen Dork of the board

Here's another new interview with Paul... this one is audio.

http://www.lachaineguitare.com/2009/09/ ... lbert.html

He talks about the finer points of his tone, gives some respect to Billy Sheehan, gives great advice for younger players, etc. The 20-minute interview is also super clear and very easy to understand - the sound quality is excellent. Check it out for sure.

There are also a couple of real treats for Mr. Big fans on that podcast... :)

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:40 pm
Viking Kong

Thanks dino. I'm listening to it now, it IS good quality.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:03 pm
Godzilla

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:38 am
Motorman

Here's another new interview with Paul... this one is audio.

http://www.lachaineguitare.com/2009/09/ ... lbert.html

He talks about the finer points of his tone, gives some respect to Billy Sheehan, gives great advice for younger players, etc. The 20-minute interview is also super clear and very easy to understand - the sound quality is excellent. Check it out for sure.

There are also a couple of real treats for Mr. Big fans on that podcast... :)

This is a great interview, thanks for posting! :)

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:18 am
Queen Dork of the board

Here are two new interviews with Paul. The first one is in Spanish, by Mar Tomas... from Madrid this year (before the show w/Mr. Big).

http://www.rafabasa.com/index2.php?url= ... e&sid=8053

Special thanks to my friend Alex at Desafinados for bringing it to my attention. :) (also the rest of the world)

And here is a new one, in German. Thorsten Seiffert took the photos - he's done a fantastic job photo-documenting some of Paul's German shows, since 2007.

http://www.rocknroll-reporter.de/index. ... &Itemid=57

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:15 pm
Queen Dork of the board

Post Re: NEW? Pg Interview
Here is a new interview with Paul, done ~a month before the Fuzz Universe tour started. The mag. looks like / reminds me of an 'underground' version of Guitar Techniques.

http://www.thesound-guitarmagazine.com/
Volume 2.
Ah, this reminds me of my 'zine days...
Anyway!

Paul mentions Shawn Lane, affordable Fireman guitars, and other fun tidbits. There's also one photo in there I've never seen before. It is not a long interview, and should be a non-challenge to retype.

It is all .jpg files in to a PDF file, so it takes forever to download. There are other cool interviews in the mag. as well - while I was waiting for Paul's int. to d/l, I read Steve Smyth's. There's some TAB too. Enjoy! :)

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:42 am
Viking Kong

flying-dino wrote:
Here is a new interview with Paul, done ~a month before the Fuzz Universe tour started. The mag. looks like / reminds me of an 'underground' version of Guitar Techniques.

http://www.thesound-guitarmagazine.com/
Volume 2.
Ah, this reminds me of my 'zine days...
Anyway!

Paul mentions Shawn Lane, affordable Fireman guitars, and other fun tidbits. There's also one photo in there I've never seen before. It is not a long interview, and should be a non-challenge to retype.

It is all .jpg files in to a PDF file, so it takes forever to download. There are other cool interviews in the mag. as well - while I was waiting for Paul's int. to d/l, I read Steve Smyth's. There's some TAB too. Enjoy! :)

Just noticed the magazine also has loads from Levi and a guest column by Pao!! :o

It seems to open really weirdly (in a small box that I have to keep scrolling from side to side to be able to read) but maybe it's just a Safari thing?

Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun

Yeah, i would have let you all know, but i left the mag because i hated how ametuer it looks and i hated the their business practices

there was alot more content, but when i left i revoked the rights for them to use it

If Pao is cool with it ill post what his column SHOULD have looked like? It looked great then they binned most of it because I had put it together haha

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

MissMisstreater wrote:
Yeah, i would have let you all know, but i left the mag because i hated how ametuer it looks and i hated the their business practices

there was alot more content, but when i left i revoked the rights for them to use it

If Pao is cool with it ill post what his column SHOULD have looked like? It looked great then they binned most of it because I had put it together haha

are you gonna start your own mag then?

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:18 pm
God Of The Sun

no way! lol

FAR too much work involved in that, I have bills to pay

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Queen Dork of the board

The December 2010 issue of TopGuitar in Poland apparently features Paul. I gather that they asked him some details about Fuzz Universe, and conducted a detailed inquisition relating to his gear.

http://topguitar.pl/

I couldn't figure out from the website if it's a print-only rag or if it also has a digital edition / if the back issues are somehow posted, once they are some months old. *shrug*

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:04 am
Queen Dork of the board

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/pau ... 010/124711

Enjoy this short article found yesterday.

Too bad he wasn't wearing the "My other car is a Camaro" shirt in the pic. ;)

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:54 pm
Motorman

"It’s funny,” he says. “I recently gave a lesson to a very advanced and well-known guitarist—a guy who tours regularly with world-famous singers—but I tend to get much more from teaching beginners. That’s because if I teach a beginner, they’re obviously struggling more with whatever I might show them. Because of that, it becomes my job to deconstruct what I’m doing and give it to them in manageable chunks."

No name-dropping? You shreddy bastard.........

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:53 pm
Queen Dork of the board

Ultimate-Guitar posted a cool new one:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/intervie ... nergy.html

That one mostly deals with Mr. Big's newest. Paul hints at a North American string of tour dates. Other then that, pretty standard fare. It's really fun to read!

This is from the archives of MusicRadar, but is still "current" or relevant today. It's from 2008.

http://www.musicradar.com/guitartechniq ... ert-360391

The third interview in the trifecta is published too, but won't be blogged for one week... :)

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next