View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Paul Gilbert's Guitar World Column 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Paul Gilbert's Guitar World Column
Guitar World wrote:
We've done numerous lessons with Paul Gilbert over the years, but none as extensive as the one we did here at Guitar World headquarters today! We flew Paul in just for this lesson with Andy Aledort, which will be used for a series of columns in the near future.

Paul was a true gent and came in fully prepared for a day of guitar teaching...he brought his full pedalboard, a dry-erase marker board for some visual aid, and of course his signature Ibanez PGM301 electric guitar.

Paul even hung around a bit after the lesson was done to talk technique with some of the multimedia crew, showing them various exercises that might improve their playing and imparting some of the fretboard wisdom he's acquired over the years.

And of course, we couldn't let Paul leave without letting him sign the Guitar World office guitar. As you can see from the photo, the guitar is filling up fast...actually, it might be time to retire this baby and find a new axe for people to sign. This Les Paul Studio has been signed by such ace players as Rudolf Schenker & Matthias Jabs from the Scorpions, Yngwie Malmsteen, Glenn Tipton & K.K. Downing from Judas Priest, Dave Mustaine, John Petrucci, Michael Angelo Batio, Steve Howe, Slash and others.

Special thanks to Paul Gilbert for spending the day with us--watch for his new Guitar World column soon!

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/the_fine_print_paul_gilbert039s_guitar_world_column

:D

Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:05 pm
King Of The Monsters

Image Image

Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Finally a reason to actually buy GW.

Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:21 am
Viking Kong

AWESOME, now I finally have a reason to buy guitar mags again! :lol:

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:13 am
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)

HAHAHA OMG check out the new PG pick! hahaha :D

He should really get some new pair of shoes! i hate those :( Shouldnt Paul look awsome in Chuck Taylor All Star Converse? :D

Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Maybe it's about time to get a subscription to GW. We should all get subscriptions and send letters saying we're only subscribing because PG's gonna be in it. And threaten to cancel if we're not getting any. 8)

But yeah i'm really looking forward to this.

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

Maybe it's about time to get a subscription to GW. We should all get subscriptions and send letters saying we're only subscribing because PG's gonna be in it. And threaten to cancel if we're not getting any. 8)

That reminds me I was subscribed to GW for a year, back in 2003, and didn´t renew my subscription because I didn´t found interesting stuff on the mag...

Will have to see if a whole year of this mag will be worthy, since I dunno if PG will write for a year long!

Image Image

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

he wrote for a couple in total guitar.... then i got them all in the shred special

whats the hype for...

paul has nothing new to show us...an if he does itl be on the dvd...buying a mag coz hes in it seems silly to me especially when its GW, you can buy a quality publication like GT which will gaurantee to have something in you cant play (shawn baxters column)

Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

lol Paul's cable in black would be easily mistaken for a millipede.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:51 am
Viking Kong

he wrote for a couple in total guitar.... then i got them all in the shred special

whats the hype for...

paul has nothing new to show us...an if he does itl be on the dvd...buying a mag coz hes in it seems silly to me especially when its GW, you can buy a quality publication like GT which will gaurantee to have something in you cant play (shawn baxters column)

disagree.

everytime I feel like PG has nothing new to show, he pops out with never seen theory and examples.
Of course most of his licks are repeated, but there's some crazy stuff that he teaches that he almost never uses(some sweepping arpeggios on Guitars From Mars, for instance)

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:26 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

He should really get some new pair of shoes! i hate those :( Shouldnt Paul look awsome in Chuck Taylor All Star Converse? :D

yeah, those looks like some old man's shoes!

and I still think PG's best feet outfit was at the Live in Sanfrancisco Mr. BIG DVD!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:29 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
ReXiX wrote:

yeah, those looks like some old man's shoes!

and I still think PG's best feet outfit was at the Live in Sanfrancisco Mr. BIG DVD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA20H-ag ... re=related <-- thats awsome paul :D white shoes ftw :D

Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

What issue was that special? Did it come with all the audio cd tracks that were in the individual issues?

Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:58 am
Superhero

What issue was that special? Did it come with all the audio cd tracks that were in the individual issues?

I think you're talking about ''School of Shred'', yes, it's a special issue of Total Guitar with stuff from Steve Vai, Megadeth, Pantera, Avenged Sevenfold and PG.
There are all PG's lessons with audio and video.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Post Re: Paul Gilbert's Guitar World Column
Steven wrote:
Guitar World wrote:
We've done numerous lessons with Paul Gilbert over the years, but none as extensive as the one we did here at Guitar World headquarters today! We flew Paul in just for this lesson with Andy Aledort, which will be used for a series of columns in the near future.

Paul was a true gent and came in fully prepared for a day of guitar teaching...he brought his full pedalboard, a dry-erase marker board for some visual aid, and of course his signature Ibanez PGM301 electric guitar.

Paul even hung around a bit after the lesson was done to talk technique with some of the multimedia crew, showing them various exercises that might improve their playing and imparting some of the fretboard wisdom he's acquired over the years.

And of course, we couldn't let Paul leave without letting him sign the Guitar World office guitar. As you can see from the photo, the guitar is filling up fast...actually, it might be time to retire this baby and find a new axe for people to sign. This Les Paul Studio has been signed by such ace players as Rudolf Schenker & Matthias Jabs from the Scorpions, Yngwie Malmsteen, Glenn Tipton & K.K. Downing from Judas Priest, Dave Mustaine, John Petrucci, Michael Angelo Batio, Steve Howe, Slash and others.

Special thanks to Paul Gilbert for spending the day with us--watch for his new Guitar World column soon!

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/the_fine_print_paul_gilbert039s_guitar_world_column

:D

Well, it's about time. After all, over the last few years all those rip off guys had columns of recycled Paul Gilbert licks from his first instruction video. Like Rusty Cooley and I don't know remember the other guys names.
All their colums were almost note for note Paul Gilbert licks and even in the same key and position. Almost comical.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:50 pm
God Of The Sun

I just submitted my info to start my subscription. I just needed an excuse. After all these years, my first guitar mag subscription.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:20 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

December lesson - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zEuz0co4_E

Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:30 pm
God Of The Sun

I loved the lesson. It never amazes me that I take something away from every Gilbert lesson.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next