View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Judas Priest 
Dr. X

Post Judas Priest
Scott Travis made a statement that Ripper Owens is no longer in JP and now it's up to Rob Halford if he wants to return.

Priest should have enlisted Jeff Martin instead of Ripper Owens. They would have sold alot more CDs with Jeff.

If Rob doesn't go back (which I'm hoping he doesn't)...then I hope Jeff gets the gig! We all know he deserves a big break!

Antonio

Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:22 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

as long as i don't see an official statement on the priest website, i don't give anything about that rumour.

personally, i don't really wanna see grandpa rob rejoining priest...

Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:35 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Where did you hear Scott say that??? I talked to Scott today before reading this, and he didn't mention anything.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=3847

JUDAS PRIEST - "We Hope Rob Rejoins The Band!" [Hot Flashes - 03.01.23 15:22:26]

After years of rumors, innuendos and denials, it's finally official: JUDAS PRIEST has publicly admitted that the Ripper Owens era is, for all intents and purposes, over. "We hope Rob rejoins the band so we can go out this summer, but part of the ball's in his court, so he's going to have to make a decision," drummer Scott Travis exclusively told BW&BK. It remains unclear if a reunited Priest would go it alone, tour with TWISTED SISTER as has been reported elsewhere or team up with IRON MAIDEN. Whatever happens, though, a resurrection is near.

Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:48 am
Dr. X

I read it on Blabbermouth. But from the above post it looks like it's been posted elsewhere too.

Later Dude!

Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:58 am
is O.H.B.

Ripper has and still is playing with the Sickness.
They told me today that he is still in Judas priest

Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:29 pm
is O.H.B.

http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=3847

JUDAS PRIEST - "We Hope Rob Rejoins The Band!" [Hot Flashes - 03.01.23 15:22:26]

After years of rumors, innuendos and denials, it's finally official: JUDAS PRIEST has publicly admitted that the Ripper Owens era is, for all intents and purposes, over. "We hope Rob rejoins the band so we can go out this summer, but part of the ball's in his court, so he's going to have to make a decision," drummer Scott Travis exclusively told BW&BK. It remains unclear if a reunited Priest would go it alone, tour with TWISTED SISTER as has been reported elsewhere or team up with IRON MAIDEN. Whatever happens, though, a resurrection is near.

If you click on the link now, it has been removed from the Brave Words site

Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:38 pm
is O.H.B.

JUDAS PRIEST: We Are Not Reuniting With ROB HALFORD! - Jan. 24, 2003

Despite reports to the contrary, JUDAS PRIEST have no intentions of reuniting with former singer Rob Halford.

"There appears to have been some confusion regarding a story that is circulating," begins an official statement released by JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-ordinator Jayne Andrews. "There is no truth in the rumor that there has been a reunion with Rob Halford or that we are doing any shows with him in the summer. Ripper Owens is JUDAS PRIEST's vocalist — nothing has changed!"

PRIEST's statement was issued in response to a story that was originally published on (and since removed from) the Canadian web site Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles which quoted JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis as saying that the band were "hop[ing]" that Halford would rejoin the group in time for a summer tour.

Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:01 pm
Viking Kong

There's audio of the statement at blabbermouth.

Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:54 pm
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

I love the part where Ripper says that Scott can't be found and everyone is looking for him. Ripper is such a CHODE. I would say he knows his days are very much numbered.

Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:02 am
is evil...Evil Joe

My mind is drawing a complete blank right now. When Halford left, who were the 4 finalists for the slot. I know it was Ripper (duh), and D.C. Cooper, but who else? Was it Jeff? I just can't remember.

Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

My mind is drawing a complete blank right now. When Halford left, who were the 4 finalists for the slot. I know it was Ripper (duh), and D.C. Cooper, but who else? Was it Jeff? I just can't remember.

I've got a whole thing on the vocal candidates that made the "short list" as Glenn Tipton puts it. Check it out with pics and quotes and even personal emails to me from some of the candidates.

The main candidate was ex Gamma Ray, now Primal Fear vocalist Ralph Scheepers.

Former Halford guitarist Patrick Lachman's brother Tim Lachman was also a short list candidate, who actually got to meet Glenn.

You already mentioned D.C. Cooper, so the 4th one was Anthony (Tony) O'Hara of Praying Mantis.

Glenn once mentioned that there were 6 finalists, and He did ask Glenn Hughes at one point and even Strapping Young Lad's Devin Townsend, who declined the offer.

David Reece of Dare Force (among others, including Accept) was asked and David even claimed he was signed to Priest and produced a contract during one of his shows that stated he could not sign to a label or another signed band for quite some time. Of course that fell through and K.K. even said they did not want singers with long blonde hair for the band.

I even include a spot on Jeff Martin, although I don't know if he ever tried for the spot, even though he is a close friend of Rob's and was the one who got Scott to Rob and into Priest.

Of all the choices, I think most fans agree that Ralph Scheepers can do the Painkiller Halford vocals closer than anyone, even better than Ripper Owens. Many have mixed opinions about Jeff Martin, but I think he would have the better image and while his vocals are similar to Rob's, they are different enough to be identifiable and actually would fit the band very well! I think Jeff would be more well-rounded to Priest than Ralph's because Ralph has the highs, but not necessarily the mid range charisma of either Rob or Jeff. And Ripper had better days in the early '90s with Winters Bane, but he's going too nu-metal lately (he's even singing with his hometown friends in a nu-metal tribute band during his time off from the Demolition world tour).

Lots of opinions, speculations, and hopes and dreams, but for now, Ripper is the singer for priest, but Rob Halford will ALWAYS be the Metal God!

Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:05 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I love the part where Ripper says that Scott can't be found and everyone is looking for him. Ripper is such a CHODE. I would say he knows his days are very much numbered.

Where did you read that??

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:54 am
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

Hey, how can I put pictures below my nick?
thanx

Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:46 am
Profile ICQ
is O.H.B.

Ex-JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford has issued a statement dispelling the persistent rumors of a possible reunion with his former bandmates and placing much of the blame for the proliferation of false information about his activities on his former management company, Sanctuary Music Group.

Halford's statement reads as follows:

"Briefly, I want to apologize to my audience for the numerous rumors being spearheaded by my former manager of approximately two years, Rod Smallwood and his firm Sanctuary Music Management — whose companies have an interest in the three bands involved in the gossip.

"The visible intent in creating the multiple rumors, clearly, is meant to disturb and confuse my audience, the North American concert promoters, and others.

"I find the behavior appalling, for throughout my 30 year career I have prided myself in being forthright with my audience. You can trust the legal eagles from both sides will end the juvenile action immediately.

"What I will affirm to each of you again is, I am not a member of JUDAS PRIEST, and I have no plans to reunite.

"What I'm sure all of you will be pleased to know is, I have been periodically working on my relationships with Ken, Glenn & Ian since 1999, but we are certainly not at the stage where we see ourselves working together any time soon. The 1992 break-up took a lot out of us, and we are taking our time in mending our personal friendships.

"Finally, for the avoidance of doubt, I removed my activity from Rod & Sanctuary last year, due to artistic, business and philosophical differences. Providing a perfect example, their recent action falls within the latter of the just-noted.

"Thank you for allowing me to express my thoughts.

"I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on 'The 2003 Metal Gods' North American tour.

"All the best,

"Rob Halford"

Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:24 am
Promises to use Search button

Post Judas Priest
The only way I'd want to see a reunion with Rob would be if the Halford band continued as well. Both Halford albums are awesome, Rob really should carry on with that band. But really, I don't want to see Ripper leave Priest, he's got a great voice (check some of the screams on Live in London!) and the material is strong with him too. It's heavier and a little more evil. It's great. I even like the material form Juggulator, which I know wasn't a popular album. Probably suffered from the "Oh My God! My Hero isn't singing anymore, must be a shit album" syndrome. Like the Blaze Bayley Iron Maiden albums did, which are also superb albums.

Sun May 04, 2003 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]