View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Getting Heavier 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Getting Heavier
I know i heard mixed reviews of the new record... basically as far as i gather, after buying it and listening to it a bunch... the record is called getting heavier cause it seems to be a lot heavier vocal wise than any other Rx record.. jeff martin is really crazy on this record, as far as the music goes.. there seems to be a lot of racer x-isms, like the signature scott travis intros.. personally i think the record rocks, and i think pg's playing is killer as usual, he wouldnt let anyone down. theres a lot of bad ass riffs, i think one reason people seem to not think its so heavy is because of the production and mix, and pauls tone seems to have less gain, but it actually makes his tone better... its a lot more organic sounding... personally i love the record, my only complaint is that the songs arent a little more user friendly to non-musicians or x-heads, cause i mean i can play anyone anything off technical difficulties and they love it, cause theyre such catchy songs... maybe thats grounds for some NOT to like something, but you gotta be both a musician and a music lover.

Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Thats quite a long post. Im lucky I was able to stay up and read it all. Im normally asleep at this time of night.

I have GH too, and it took me a while to acknowledge its NOT the same old Racer X I've heard in their past records. But after listening to it for the next three or so days, I realized this was a musical masterpiece. I still have some songs I cant get into as much as the others, but I have many favorites from this album. Go-GG-Go and Catapault to Extinction are two of them. Although, Technical Difficulties remains my favorite album.

I dont think the mixing is what set this album aside of all the other Racer X albums. Of course, it did have a different mixing sound to it; the rhythm guitars are almost all taken out (I've heard a few), the bass is monsterous, and I think the drums are mixed better to where you can easily hear every tom Scott hits, every bass drum beat, every crack of the snare... etc. The music itself had changed direction a little bit, but its still RULE ASS anyway.

Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:01 am
Motorman

Actually it was called GH just because of the CD ART.. had nothing to do with the music from what KEN said..

I just love songs 8 through 12.. I'd like to start the cd on song 7, because that's good also.. but Empty Man is so good I just have to start there.

Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:57 am
is evil...Evil Joe

The record rocks imo. I love it, it brings back fine spring-weather. No shit.

Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]