View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Attn: Ken 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Attn: Ken
Thanks for the insight of the rehersals for the new CD. Does Pauls Laney sound that good inperson or is there a lot of studio magic. Looks like he was using a Tube Screamer. Did he have it on alot? Did he use the flangers alot?

Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:53 pm
Site Admin

Seriously...Monster tone...in his house...speakers...around the corner, in a bathroom. No joke.

I was afraid to play..A) because Paul could play what I play with 2 casts on and B) it was LOUD...if you were near the bathroom.

So I always played his guitars with the volume off. I don't think Chad played with volume either. He tried dragging around this Marshall amp..(there's amps all over the house)...he tried to find a plug....but I don't remember him ever being successful. Chad?

He played the flanger, whenever he wanted that sound. I wouldn't say it was on constantly....but he used it.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:09 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

LOL...I couldn't find a fuckin' plug for the little Laney!

I played through the rig when you guys were playing Chess...or whatever...loud...yeah...sounded good. You know. Paul's rig=rockin' sound. Sounds killer with the headphones.

-Chad

Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:46 am
is the Siren's Eye

So it's just Ibanex into a Laney GH100 and thats pretty much it excpet flanger effect? Does he use the Tube Screamer much?

Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:28 pm
Viking Kong

I'd be afraid to play Paul's guitar. I'd be afraid that a wrecking ball would come thru the roof and smash the guitar to pieces just because someone with as much bad luck as I was holding it. I'd also be afraid that I'd play something horribly sucky and Paul would be like "Pffft." then I'd turn the volume down and repeat the lick and he'd be like "Pffft." then I'd turn the volume off and repeat he'd be like "Pffft." and I couldnt escape the embarassment! It would follow me around that Paul went "Pffft." at my guitar playing forever :cry: :cry:

Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:57 pm
Site Admin

So it's just Ibanex into a Laney GH100 and thats pretty much it excpet flanger effect? Does he use the Tube Screamer much?

Paul has a ton of effects...check out the picture in the other thread. He doesn't use them ALL the time..it's mostly clean...but he picks and chooses his pedal moments throughout the particular song.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]