View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 pm



Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Chris Arvan - HAS BEEN FOUND! 
Author Message
Promises to use Search button

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:04 pm
Posts: 2
Post 
Great interview...some of Arvan's responses don't surprise me.

I have the last Racer X show on tape where he plays Whitesnake 'Slide It In' and Oni is singing...cool. I also have the GIT open counseling tape that he did...completely sick!

This was probably 10-12 years ago, when I got back to Ohio, I hunted him down via information, I think he was still in Burlingame?!!?...anyway got his number, called him, spoke with him for a few minutes and was curious if he was willing to copy/sell any of his demo stuff during this time period...he was completely NOT into it, in terms of being embarrassed of his playing etc. He was into engineering and production, meanwhile, I'm thinking "dude, you absolutely smoke with your playing"...go figure. Oh well...artists you know.

I took a lesson with Bouillet back in '94 when I was at MI, asked about Chris etc. And in regards to Arvan's playing, Bouillet said "Yeah, the guy wasn't fucking around!"

Thanks for the interview....I'm in the process of transferring those tapes to MP3 formats...great shred stuff.


Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:15 pm
Profile
Dr. X
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 175
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Post 
WOW...I take another long subatical from the forum and look what happens!!

Amazing...although I must say I am glad that I missed that EXCRUCIATINGLY long wait haha...good stuff ken.

_________________
"The X will Fly Again"

I must break you


Sun May 14, 2006 12:25 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 6579
Location: Norwegian living in Liverpool, UK
Post 
rupz28 wrote:
Great interview...some of Arvan's responses don't surprise me.

I have the last Racer X show on tape where he plays Whitesnake 'Slide It In' and Oni is singing...cool. I also have the GIT open counseling tape that he did...completely sick!

Thanks for the interview....I'm in the process of transferring those tapes to MP3 formats...great shred stuff.


I know this guy will NEVER go back on here, but does anyone else have this show? I'd LOVE to hear that!

_________________
Image

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.


Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:44 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:00 pm
Posts: 8264
Location: Denver, CO.
Post 
SambaBoy wrote:
rupz28 wrote:
Great interview...some of Arvan's responses don't surprise me.

I have the last Racer X show on tape where he plays Whitesnake 'Slide It In' and Oni is singing...cool. I also have the GIT open counseling tape that he did...completely sick!

Thanks for the interview....I'm in the process of transferring those tapes to MP3 formats...great shred stuff.


I know this guy will NEVER go back on here, but does anyone else have this show? I'd LOVE to hear that!
+1!

_________________
Social justice is for pussies!


Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:08 pm
Profile
Unt! I move topics!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:56 pm
Posts: 27847
Post 
Ummm, guys, tak posted that show here not that long ago. I'll see if I still have the mp3 files on my hard drive.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I move topics!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:56 pm
Posts: 27847
Post 
Here ya go ...

http://www.badongo.com/file/5564745

_________________
ImageImageImage


Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 6579
Location: Norwegian living in Liverpool, UK
Post 
So he did! :lol: Big thanks anyways Doc! :) :)

_________________
Image

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.


Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:53 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:55 pm
Posts: 839
Location: Near HT of JSBach in Germany
Post Re: Chris Arvan - HAS BEEN FOUND!
KenHower wrote:
Ok guys,

I found Chris Arvan's email and I have sent him a message. I'm hoping that I can interview him and find out what's been going on, of course how he got the gig...stuff like that.

I will let you know, the second I hear anything.


Can you please ask him about the gauge of his guitar strings back in the RX days and what the gauge nowadays is like. Additionally you may ask: Taken the situation he had to cut 5 strings of his guitar for good. Which would be the one string that he would spare out and why?

Thanks so much!

_________________
www.guitartrip.com
Visit and enjoy, There is even some Paul Gilbert Material re-recorded, some handcrafted lessons and a huge Pornarchive!!!


Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:00 pm
Posts: 8264
Location: Denver, CO.
Post Re: Chris Arvan - HAS BEEN FOUND!
Paulchen wrote:
Can you please ask him about the gauge of his guitar strings back in the RX days and what the gauge nowadays is like. !
:lol: Well yeah, maybe he could've if you had asked a couple of years ago.

We missed you, Paulchen!

Let's dig up some more old threads, shall we? :D

_________________
Social justice is for pussies!


Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:29 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:44 pm
Posts: 11819
Post Re: Chris Arvan - HAS BEEN FOUND!
Paulchen wrote:
KenHower wrote:
Ok guys,

I found Chris Arvan's email and I have sent him a message. I'm hoping that I can interview him and find out what's been going on, of course how he got the gig...stuff like that.

I will let you know, the second I hear anything.


Can you please ask him about the gauge of his guitar strings back in the RX days and what the gauge nowadays is like. Additionally you may ask: Taken the situation he had to cut 5 strings of his guitar for good. Which would be the one string that he would spare out and why?

Thanks so much!


Dude...that was 2 years ago....You're a little late on what to ask Chris Arvan thread.

_________________
Ken Hower Wrote: My advice to everyone.....DO NOT purchase any of these photographs....Tim Findlay can jack off to his hearts content over his killer pictures...alone.

Regards,
Ken


Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:55 pm
Posts: 839
Location: Near HT of JSBach in Germany
Post 
Sorry, just seeing it. ;-)

_________________
www.guitartrip.com
Visit and enjoy, There is even some Paul Gilbert Material re-recorded, some handcrafted lessons and a huge Pornarchive!!!


Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:33 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.