View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Paul's Bio 
Unt! I move topics!

Post Paul's Bio
For those who don't check the newspage (shame, shame) ...

http://www.racerxband.com/band.htm

No wonder Paul is better than me. We were both born in 1966, but he got his first guitar 1971 (5 years old !?!) ... I didn't get mine until 1981. Plus, his parents bought him a Jimi Hendrix record when he was 6! I didn't know who Jimi Hendrix was until I was at least 12. My parents were buying me records by the Bay City Rollers and Cher (I rebelled by buying Kiss records). Paul's parents are way cooler than mine!

Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I was wondering when someone would notice.

Regards,
Ken

Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:02 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

2005 sounds like a good time. If Catherine Zeta-Jones has another younger sister, I'm available too! :P

Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:20 am
Profile YIM
Superhero

Im waiting for 2006: I do an instrumental guitar record!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Damn it PAUL, you better do it, cause I want to see you on the next G3!!!!.... If anyone deserves it, Paul, YOU do!!!!....

Paul would be such a great 3rd G.... He would bring out the best in JOE and Steve, and Paul's stage presence.... C'mon.... Paul For G3!! 8) 8) 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:04 pm
God Of The Sun

I found it a bit weird that he just went from talking about Racer X recording Extreme Volume to him joining Mr. Big. Also found it pretty cool that Vai and Sheehan would watch Racer X.

I didnt know that you were having the guys write their own bios though. Thought it'd just be somebody that knew some things about them.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:17 pm
Site Admin

Finally! WHOO!

I found it a bit weird that he just went from talking about Racer X recording Extreme Volume to him joining Mr. Big. Also found it pretty cool that Vai and Sheehan would watch Racer X.

Cause that's about what happened. By the time EV1 was released...RX was kapooot.

I had them write their own bio.....cause I can.

Regards,
Ken

Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Metal Liberty wrote:
Finally! WHOO!

Cause that's about what happened. By the time EV1 was released...RX was kapooot.

I just meant I had figured he'd mention that Racer X decided to quit at that point. To somebody new they might just read it as Racer X just didnt do anything for a long time while Paul decided to join another band while still involved with the previous. Or, that could just be me. :roll:

Still, love the bio!

Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:08 pm
Viking Kong

Paul rocks!

Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:33 pm
Godzilla

Also found it pretty cool that Vai and Sheehan would watch Racer X.

I remember hearing about that at the time. Back then, Via and Sheehan were in David Lee Roth's band together.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961

Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:40 pm
Godzilla

That was a good bio Paul put together. Though I'm wondering why he would keep his Marshall head in his school locker. :?

2005 sounds like it'll be a good year. I'm gonna want the ear surgery, too. 8)

Hey Ken, do you guys have a video of the 1992 Mr. Big appearances on The Tonight Show and David Letterman? (I don't.)

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961

Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:43 am
God Of The Sun

Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:04 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That was a good bio Paul put together. Though I'm wondering why he would keep his Marshall head in his school locker. :?

2005 sounds like it'll be a good year. I'm gonna want the ear surgery, too. 8)

Hey Ken, do you guys have a video of the 1992 Mr. Big appearances on The Tonight Show and David Letterman? (I don't.)

Nope.

Regards,
Ken

Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

Post Damn.......
I never knew he was married......

The whole point of the 80's early 90's was to pick up chicks on the road. Not like the SevenDusts, Disturbeds and Linkin's aren't doing that now, but in the 80's it was a right of passage into the Hard/Glam rock world.

Wow you learn something new every day.

Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:40 pm
God Of The Sun

KenHower wrote:
Metal Liberty wrote:
Finally! WHOO!

I just meant I had figured he'd mention that Racer X decided to quit at that point. To somebody new they might just read it as Racer X just didnt do anything for a long time while Paul decided to join another band while still involved with the previous. Or, that could just be me. :roll:

Still, love the bio!

Racer X in the 80s went strong for what? Like 4 or 5 years?

Talk about Racer X or Mr. Big who sold millions and toured the WORLD.....?

Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Metal Liberty wrote:
KenHower wrote:
Metal Liberty wrote:
Finally! WHOO!

Still, love the bio!

Racer X in the 80s went strong for what? Like 4 or 5 years?

Talk about Racer X or Mr. Big who sold millions and toured the WORLD.....?

...for a bio on a Racer X website. :wink:

Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:24 pm
Dr. X

I think Paul is a rare case, like a Mozart... more like Lizt or Paganini but in this century. And alive of course!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:01 am
Viking Kong

I've also got it on video somewhere... I remember they played "Just Take My Heart" and then Leno interviewed them for about 1 minute before the end of the show... Billy did all the talking (of course) and they snuck in the now infamous story of PG getting his hair caught in the drill... :wink:

Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:01 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Paul's Bio
TheSurgeon wrote:
For those who don't check the newspage (shame, shame) ...

http://www.racerxband.com/band.htm

!

THERE'S A NEWSPAGE ?!?!?!? :shock:

Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:18 pm
Dr. X

Post Re: Paul's Bio
TheSurgeon wrote:
Paul's parents are way cooler than mine!

I think Paul was surrounded good environment by his parents.
Of course, his passionate ambition of rock music is important!!
Also I'd like to say thanks for uncle Jimmy to teach him how to play the guitar with fun. :D

Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:32 pm
Dr. X

Sandman wrote:

I've also got it on video somewhere... I remember they played "Just Take My Heart" and then Leno interviewed them for about 1 minute before the end of the show... Billy did all the talking (of course) and they snuck in the now infamous story of PG getting his hair caught in the drill... :wink:

Billy talked when Mr.big was on Tonight show a little at Japanese magazine, Metallion#19.
That was the best memory to him.
He said like that it was really something special to him when he sat the chair and talked with host.

and...(I think its not suitable story in here but may I continue?)

Eric's good memories are, one is the playing at Budokan in Japan because everyone knows its place, like The Forum in L.A.
The other one is a story at club "Finkys", FL. It was after released "Lean into it".
That was very messy club and Florida was very hot.
So, band members were really mad because uncomfortable environment.
When Eric saw MTV, "To be with you" was #1 at Top 20 countdown at that week.
He said he never forget when he told this news to all member.
They glared at him but when he told awesome news, their face turned to bright...
He felt he was on top of the world...

Well, Paul have some good memories, too.
One is the when "To be with you" become #3 in chart, he was on tour somewhere in the state.
When Eric got that news from manager, Paul was taking bath...
Eric knocked and opened the door, was trying to cover his eyes with his hands.
Then, Paul knew such a breaking news at bath room... Oh, my! :shock: :oops:
The others are: the playing in front of 10,000 people in Brazil, the show at clubs in U.S. and
the Benefit acoustic concert in Kobe, Japan.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next