View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Old Paul Gilbert stories 
Motorman

Post Old Paul Gilbert stories
Well being that I work at Guitar Center Pittsburgh we got a few people in there that knew Paul or was associated with him somehow.

The one was a man named Herb who was I believe two years younger than Paul and went to the same highschool as Paul. I believe he also took lessons off Paul's roomate later on.

The second guy used to deliver shit to Food For Less or Food Land, or something old fashion food store in Greensburg.. He said that Paul used to sit on the loading dock and jam there...

There was more details but I seriously don't remember. Maybe Paul could shed some light on the loading dock jams..

And Paul, if you are ever in Pittsburgh again.. come to guitar center and sign everything that is Bolted Down so that everyone will know you were here.

Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:51 pm
Superhero

theres a guy that works at "Guitar ressurection" in austin tx. His name is something weird, i cant remember. he said he went to GIT with paul the first year paul went ( before he taught ). Said that paul was better than anyone in the world at that time. (he still is imo)

Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:03 pm
Superhero

Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:41 am
is O.H.B.

paul gilbert's pinky is 7 feet long

and that's relevent because......

I'm famous for this - Image

Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

th3x3n0cid3 wrote:

...cuz now he can bar the frets of 14 guitar necks. All at once!

Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:40 pm
is O.H.B.

Gilberto is hot wrote:
th3x3n0cid3 wrote:

...cuz now he can bar the frets of 14 guitar necks. All at once!

:lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X

my friend mike who works at steves music here in toronto, was a student of mr GIlberts at GIT. im not sure but i think they still keep in touch. mikes a monster btw : P.

Fri May 07, 2004 10:46 pm
Promises to use Search button

one time, at band camp, I................................

Sun May 09, 2004 9:23 pm
is O.H.B.

ate a pretzel :shock:

Mon May 10, 2004 10:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X

...than washed it down with a mountain dew.

Mon May 10, 2004 11:07 pm
Superhero

Mon May 10, 2004 11:10 pm
Viking Kong

played a G# Harmonic Minor over a Bm Dim7/Sus32/Add93/Aug9,321,482,212/D#m chord? Yeah, I know. We've all been there. Crazy stuff they teach at band camp nowadays.

Oh... and you stuck a flute up your cornhole, didnt ya?

Tue May 11, 2004 3:23 am
Motorman

I believe it was in 1985 or 1986.. I ran into Paul Gilbert on the streets...and said, "Hey Paul!" What up!" :o And Paul goes, "Not much, etc.." I said to Paul, "Paul, you ain't all that!" :P and he said, "Well who do you like?" I was all, "George Lynch" and Paul was all, Ha! I can take him!" :wink: Hahha (laughs) So I asked Paul if he was hungry and he said, "Yeah, sure!" And so we went off to a nearby Burger King, and we ate our hamburgers together, with fries and milkshakes.. Paul likes Chocolate milkshakes by the way.. He hadn't eaten yet either, so it was good to meet one of his fans...he knew I was kidding about "calling him out" etc..since he's a great guy and would never say a bda thing about anyone... We talked about the heavy metal guitar scene and how he could play any style out there, Schenker, Akira Takasaki, Yngwie, Van Halen, Rhoads, etc.. Needless to say, Paul was already turning heads in 1985 and blowing away all the Yngwie craze... remember folks, this was back in 1985 or so...Paul and I are the same age...we go waaaay back! :lol: I still Like Paul and hisi playing is a "garish monstrosity", i.e. he's a MONSTER! but my loyalty is to George Lynch! The original Mr. Scary! :wink:

Tue May 11, 2004 4:31 pm
is O.H.B.

I believe it was in 1985 or 1986.. I ran into Paul Gilbert on the streets...and said, "Hey Paul!" What up!" :o And Paul goes, "Not much, etc.." I said to Paul, "Paul, you ain't all that!" :P and he said, "Well who do you like?" I was all, "George Lynch" and Paul was all, Ha! I can take him!" :wink: Hahha (laughs) So I asked Paul if he was hungry and he said, "Yeah, sure!" And so we went off to a nearby Burger King, and we ate our hamburgers together, with fries and milkshakes.. Paul likes Chocolate milkshakes by the way.. He hadn't eaten yet either, so it was good to meet one of his fans...he knew I was kidding about "calling him out" etc..since he's a great guy and would never say a bda thing about anyone... We talked about the heavy metal guitar scene and how he could play any style out there, Schenker, Akira Takasaki, Yngwie, Van Halen, Rhoads, etc.. Needless to say, Paul was already turning heads in 1985 and blowing away all the Yngwie craze... remember folks, this was back in 1985 or so...Paul and I are the same age...we go waaaay back! :lol: I still Like Paul and hisi playing is a "garish monstrosity", i.e. he's a MONSTER! but my loyalty is to George Lynch! The original Mr. Scary! :wink:

great story......i think :shock:

Tue May 11, 2004 5:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

Mr Scary wrote:

great story......i think :shock:

Hi there, I just had to share this...I was 18 at the time..do the math :shock: but it was one of the rare, meetings, with a young Paul, and he was literally really cool, it's like you meet him, and it's as though he was a good friend of yours...just real easy, easy to talk with and just hang...

I just realized, this was 19 years ago? LOL :shock: where does the time go? This feels like ancient history now.. I remember being in high school, and talking about the Beatles in 1965...and to me, that was OLD! :shock: So when I look back timeline wise... this is really old news.! LOL but he was cool nonethless... which is why I collect any and all Paul Gilbert vidoes when I can... I love trading too! :wink:

Tue May 11, 2004 6:14 pm
Viking Kong

Awesome story, Scary! So... we know Paul likes chocolate milkshakes.

Learn something new everyday. :lol:

Tue May 11, 2004 8:21 pm
God Of The Sun

I was having troubling taking the story seriously until near the end there. I'm wavering on the fence with this one.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Tue May 11, 2004 10:00 pm
Site Admin

I was having troubling taking the story seriously until near the end there. I'm wavering on the fence with this one.

If you knew Paul....you'd know this is dead on, a "Paul" story.

Regards,
Ken

Tue May 11, 2004 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Btw Ken, if I may, who is the other guy in your avatar, and whats with the cross?

The #1 Queensryche Source

Wed May 12, 2004 12:18 am
Viking Kong

Alright, then I believe it!

Btw Ken, if I may, who is the other guy in your avatar, and whats with the cross?

Dude. Thats Jeff Martin. :lol:

Wed May 12, 2004 12:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next