View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:19 pm



Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Old Paul Gilbert stories 
Author Message
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:46 am
Posts: 368
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Post Old Paul Gilbert stories
Well being that I work at Guitar Center Pittsburgh we got a few people in there that knew Paul or was associated with him somehow.

The one was a man named Herb who was I believe two years younger than Paul and went to the same highschool as Paul. I believe he also took lessons off Paul's roomate later on.

The second guy used to deliver shit to Food For Less or Food Land, or something old fashion food store in Greensburg.. He said that Paul used to sit on the loading dock and jam there...

There was more details but I seriously don't remember. Maybe Paul could shed some light on the loading dock jams..

And Paul, if you are ever in Pittsburgh again.. come to guitar center and sign everything that is Bolted Down so that everyone will know you were here.

_________________
-Chris Hero!


Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:51 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:50 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Austin, TX
Post 
theres a guy that works at "Guitar ressurection" in austin tx. His name is something weird, i cant remember. he said he went to GIT with paul the first year paul went ( before he taught ). Said that paul was better than anyone in the world at that time. (he still is imo)


Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:03 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:49 am
Posts: 1043
Location: Austin, TX
Post 
paul gilbert's pinky is 7 feet long

_________________
Image


Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:41 am
Profile
is O.H.B.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:41 am
Posts: 2880
Location: Cornbeef canyon :D
Post 
th3x3n0cid3 wrote:
paul gilbert's pinky is 7 feet long


and that's relevent because......

_________________
http://missnoods.blogspot.com/

I'm famous for this - Image
Image


Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 8625
Location: Maryland, U.S.
Post 
Gilberto is hot wrote:
th3x3n0cid3 wrote:
paul gilbert's pinky is 7 feet long


and that's relevent because......


...cuz now he can bar the frets of 14 guitar necks. All at once!

_________________
- Ryan


Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:40 pm
Profile
is O.H.B.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:41 am
Posts: 2880
Location: Cornbeef canyon :D
Post 
Ryan wrote:
Gilberto is hot wrote:
th3x3n0cid3 wrote:
paul gilbert's pinky is 7 feet long


and that's relevent because......


...cuz now he can bar the frets of 14 guitar necks. All at once!


:lol: :lol:

_________________
http://missnoods.blogspot.com/

I'm famous for this - Image
Image


Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:50 pm
Posts: 196
Location: canada
Post 
my friend mike who works at steves music here in toronto, was a student of mr GIlberts at GIT. im not sure but i think they still keep in touch. mikes a monster btw : P.

_________________
"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
-Frank Zappa


Fri May 07, 2004 10:46 pm
Profile
Promises to use Search button

Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 9:08 pm
Posts: 10
Post 
one time, at band camp, I................................


Sun May 09, 2004 9:23 pm
Profile
is O.H.B.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:41 am
Posts: 2880
Location: Cornbeef canyon :D
Post 
pretzel_logic wrote:
one time, at band camp, I................................


ate a pretzel :shock:

_________________
http://missnoods.blogspot.com/

I'm famous for this - Image
Image


Mon May 10, 2004 10:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:50 pm
Posts: 196
Location: canada
Post 
...than washed it down with a mountain dew.

_________________
"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
-Frank Zappa


Mon May 10, 2004 11:07 pm
Profile
Superhero

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:19 pm
Posts: 1729
Post 
THEN got put in a straight jacket.


Mon May 10, 2004 11:10 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 8625
Location: Maryland, U.S.
Post 
pretzel_logic wrote:
one time, at band camp, I................................


played a G# Harmonic Minor over a Bm Dim7/Sus32/Add93/Aug9,321,482,212/D#m chord? Yeah, I know. We've all been there. Crazy stuff they teach at band camp nowadays.







Oh... and you stuck a flute up your cornhole, didnt ya?

_________________
- Ryan


Tue May 11, 2004 3:23 am
Profile
Motorman

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:19 am
Posts: 287
Location: Southern California
Post 
I believe it was in 1985 or 1986.. I ran into Paul Gilbert on the streets...and said, "Hey Paul!" What up!" :o And Paul goes, "Not much, etc.." I said to Paul, "Paul, you ain't all that!" :P and he said, "Well who do you like?" I was all, "George Lynch" and Paul was all, Ha! I can take him!" :wink: Hahha (laughs) So I asked Paul if he was hungry and he said, "Yeah, sure!" And so we went off to a nearby Burger King, and we ate our hamburgers together, with fries and milkshakes.. Paul likes Chocolate milkshakes by the way.. He hadn't eaten yet either, so it was good to meet one of his fans...he knew I was kidding about "calling him out" etc..since he's a great guy and would never say a bda thing about anyone... We talked about the heavy metal guitar scene and how he could play any style out there, Schenker, Akira Takasaki, Yngwie, Van Halen, Rhoads, etc.. Needless to say, Paul was already turning heads in 1985 and blowing away all the Yngwie craze... remember folks, this was back in 1985 or so...Paul and I are the same age...we go waaaay back! :lol: I still Like Paul and hisi playing is a "garish monstrosity", i.e. he's a MONSTER! but my loyalty is to George Lynch! The original Mr. Scary! :wink:


Tue May 11, 2004 4:31 pm
Profile
is O.H.B.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:41 am
Posts: 2880
Location: Cornbeef canyon :D
Post 
Mr Scary wrote:
I believe it was in 1985 or 1986.. I ran into Paul Gilbert on the streets...and said, "Hey Paul!" What up!" :o And Paul goes, "Not much, etc.." I said to Paul, "Paul, you ain't all that!" :P and he said, "Well who do you like?" I was all, "George Lynch" and Paul was all, Ha! I can take him!" :wink: Hahha (laughs) So I asked Paul if he was hungry and he said, "Yeah, sure!" And so we went off to a nearby Burger King, and we ate our hamburgers together, with fries and milkshakes.. Paul likes Chocolate milkshakes by the way.. He hadn't eaten yet either, so it was good to meet one of his fans...he knew I was kidding about "calling him out" etc..since he's a great guy and would never say a bda thing about anyone... We talked about the heavy metal guitar scene and how he could play any style out there, Schenker, Akira Takasaki, Yngwie, Van Halen, Rhoads, etc.. Needless to say, Paul was already turning heads in 1985 and blowing away all the Yngwie craze... remember folks, this was back in 1985 or so...Paul and I are the same age...we go waaaay back! :lol: I still Like Paul and hisi playing is a "garish monstrosity", i.e. he's a MONSTER! but my loyalty is to George Lynch! The original Mr. Scary! :wink:


great story......i think :shock:

_________________
http://missnoods.blogspot.com/

I'm famous for this - Image
Image


Tue May 11, 2004 5:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:19 am
Posts: 287
Location: Southern California
Post 
Gilberto is hot wrote:
Mr Scary wrote:
I believe it was in 1985 or 1986.. I ran into Paul Gilbert on the streets...and said, "Hey Paul!" What up!" :o And Paul goes, "Not much, etc.." I said to Paul, "Paul, you ain't all that!" :P and he said, "Well who do you like?" I was all, "George Lynch" and Paul was all, Ha! I can take him!" :wink: Hahha (laughs) So I asked Paul if he was hungry and he said, "Yeah, sure!" And so we went off to a nearby Burger King, and we ate our hamburgers together, with fries and milkshakes.. Paul likes Chocolate milkshakes by the way.. He hadn't eaten yet either, so it was good to meet one of his fans...he knew I was kidding about "calling him out" etc..since he's a great guy and would never say a bda thing about anyone... We talked about the heavy metal guitar scene and how he could play any style out there, Schenker, Akira Takasaki, Yngwie, Van Halen, Rhoads, etc.. Needless to say, Paul was already turning heads in 1985 and blowing away all the Yngwie craze... remember folks, this was back in 1985 or so...Paul and I are the same age...we go waaaay back! :lol: I still Like Paul and hisi playing is a "garish monstrosity", i.e. he's a MONSTER! but my loyalty is to George Lynch! The original Mr. Scary! :wink:


great story......i think :shock:


Hi there, I just had to share this...I was 18 at the time..do the math :shock: but it was one of the rare, meetings, with a young Paul, and he was literally really cool, it's like you meet him, and it's as though he was a good friend of yours...just real easy, easy to talk with and just hang...

I just realized, this was 19 years ago? LOL :shock: where does the time go? This feels like ancient history now.. I remember being in high school, and talking about the Beatles in 1965...and to me, that was OLD! :shock: So when I look back timeline wise... this is really old news.! LOL but he was cool nonethless... which is why I collect any and all Paul Gilbert vidoes when I can... I love trading too! :wink:


Tue May 11, 2004 6:14 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 8625
Location: Maryland, U.S.
Post 
Awesome story, Scary! So... we know Paul likes chocolate milkshakes.

Learn something new everyday. :lol:

_________________
- Ryan


Tue May 11, 2004 8:21 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:09 am
Posts: 2835
Post 
I was having troubling taking the story seriously until near the end there. I'm wavering on the fence with this one.

_________________
Hey, if I wanted to be ridiculed, I'd go home!

The #1 Queensryche Source
Image


Tue May 11, 2004 10:00 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:44 pm
Posts: 11819
Post 
Metal Liberty wrote:
I was having troubling taking the story seriously until near the end there. I'm wavering on the fence with this one.


If you knew Paul....you'd know this is dead on, a "Paul" story.

_________________
Ken Hower Wrote: My advice to everyone.....DO NOT purchase any of these photographs....Tim Findlay can jack off to his hearts content over his killer pictures...alone.

Regards,
Ken


Tue May 11, 2004 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:09 am
Posts: 2835
Post 
Alright, then I believe it!

Btw Ken, if I may, who is the other guy in your avatar, and whats with the cross?

_________________
Hey, if I wanted to be ridiculed, I'd go home!

The #1 Queensryche Source
Image


Wed May 12, 2004 12:18 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 8625
Location: Maryland, U.S.
Post 
Metal Liberty wrote:
Alright, then I believe it!

Btw Ken, if I may, who is the other guy in your avatar, and whats with the cross?


Dude. Thats Jeff Martin. :lol:

_________________
- Ryan


Wed May 12, 2004 12:39 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.