View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Why did you start listening to Racer X? 
is evil...Evil Joe

Because they were the only band worth watching in Phoenix, at the time.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
I had heard of them years ago but I never bothered to find anything. Then I had a lesson with Paul at MI and I immersed myself in everythind he's done. That and the guy who does work on my guitars is good friends with Juan/John and he's a Racer X fan. I got "Second Heat" for X-mas and...well...the rest, as they say...is history.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:01 am
Profile WWW
Tab Master

I downloaded Superheroes because Paul Gilbert did a lesson on the intro and verse riff in Total Guitar. I'd heard of Paul Gilbert and I liked him but this "racer x" band was something I'd never heard of. After I listened to Superheroes, it became my favourite song for a long time.

That was also the start of my PG/RX fanboy mode and it hasn't stopped yet. :wink:

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:15 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Late 80's, probably 1988 cause that's the year Second Heat was released, I was allready sort of a hardrock-fan and listened to bands like Thin Lizzy, Journey, Dio, Iron Maiden. My brother took me to a small recordshop, where he immediately went and pulled the Second Heat album out of nowhere and said to me : "You should listen to this". I went to the salesman to ask if I could listen to it. He handed me the headphones, and there the intro of Sacrifice blew into my ears, and I seriously thought there was something wrong with the headphones. Whitenoise I thought :-) Then the drums sounded and the Bruce/Paul twinsolos began, and my heart pounded when I heard that. From that moment on, it has always been Racer-X for me.. Funny enough, my bro hardly listens to to this kind of music anymore. He's a more House, Jazz, disco-like person now :roll: . Although deep in his heart he still digs Racer-X :-)

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Well, during a Canadian history class in grade ten one of my friends said "hey man, you like fast guitar?" and I said "yea of course I do!" so he showed me this song called Viking kong and I didn't really get it, and he showed me Street Lethal but I thought the vocalist was a joke. So I never listened to this "great band" Racer X again. About a year later I brought my guitar to school to audition for a talent show, and while in Chemistry the same guy said "hey, check out this song I learned, it's called 'Technical Difficulties' it's by racer x" and i said "oh yea, that band you showed me last year right?" so he played the intro riff to Technical Difficulties and I flipped out, I got him to show me how to play it right there in the middle of Chemistry and then when i went home i learned the whole song, my band jammed it for a while and then I got into more Racer X now I'm a huge fan of Racer x and I can't believe I didn't like Viking Kong. It's one of my favorite songs now, the tone is just amazing.

Sun May 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Motorman

stumbled across the spaceship live version of scarified while looking up yngwie vids.

still a huge malm fan, but he's got nothin on my love for paul gilbert, the dorkiest shredder there is.

Fri May 11, 2007 6:34 pm
is O.H.B.

I saw Paul at the G3 on april 3rd in Quebec and it was totally amazing :shock:
I was right in front of him and really close ^^
Since that show, I'm learning stuff about him and his music everyday and that's how I discovered Racer X!

I still can't believe I lived 16 years of my life without knowing him :lol:
Now I'm addicted to his music and I absolutely love it!

(Sorry if my english isn't great ^^")

Fri May 11, 2007 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9