View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 So.. 
Godzilla

Post So..
.. I can't really tell from some of the posts. Ken, Chad, do you guys think the last board tanking was a deliberate act?? It sounds to me almost like it has to be.. How does one accidentally run an install script on someone else's board (though I profess to know little about them)? Any idea who? Can we get five minutes alone with them if you actually find out who it is (Please)?

Now on the greater things (discussing the X)

Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:59 pm
Viking Kong

YEAH!!! And if so I got FIRST crack at the bastages!!!...X

:evil:

Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:21 pm
Golden God

You can't imagine how bummed I was when the old board went down,but I'm very excited and happy to have the new look,with the same cast of characters from the old board.Snoogans.

Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hell no. We've been having issues with the server for a long time. Think about it now, I'm kicking myself for not learning the program and backing shit up.

I use the Ultimate BB on the other sites I do and it ROCKS. Automatically backs itself up, and is so easy. It rules.

But to address the "hack" question, a CGI DB is pretty goofy to hack. The members and posts/topics are all kept in different locations on the server. This had to be a fatal crash on the part of the server...since the last board was hosted on a server other than www.racerxband.com's site server.

I feel like a fuckin' retard...I saw it coming and did nothing about it. Stupid Chad. I've been laying low not wanting to come back...I'm so bummed about a year's worth of stuff being gone. It really, really sucks. However...fuck that, because the new Racer X music ROCKS THE HIZOUSE. (For those of you still listening to Manowar and Krokus...that means "really bitchin'...)

-Chad

Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:53 am
Dr. X

Krokus haha... No way man, it's Van Halen (not Van Hagar) and Foriegner all the way! Maybe throw in a little Asia, Tito or YNT!

Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:31 pm
Unt! I move topics!

However...fuck that, because the new Racer X music ROCKS THE HIZOUSE. (For those of you still listening to Manowar and Krokus...that means "really bitchin'...)

-Chad

Where did you learn to talk so cool ... from Vanilla Ice or one of the Backstreet Boys perhaps?

Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

But to address the "hack" question, a CGI DB is pretty goofy to hack. The members and posts/topics are all kept in different locations on the server. This had to be a fatal crash on the part of the server...since the last board was hosted on a server other than www.racerxband.com's site server.

This (and Blazeboard) are the same. The data is stored on a completely different server. Someone actually ran the install file, which dropped the tables (with our stuff) and rebuilt the tables with the default (demo) data.

My money right now, is the guy who built it in the first place. The only thing stopping me from being sure...is he was a nice a guy....or so I thought.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

naturallywiredwebdesigns wrote:
However...fuck that, because the new Racer X music ROCKS THE HIZOUSE. (For those of you still listening to Manowar and Krokus...that means "really bitchin'...)

-Chad

Where did you learn to talk so cool ... from Vanilla Ice or one of the Backstreet Boys perhaps?

Hes slept with all of them. So probly both

Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:56 pm
Viking Kong

Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]