View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Extreme Volume Man 
Dr. X

Post Extreme Volume Man
For Jeff Martin... I'm under the allusion that you drew the first Racer X guy, as seen on the cover for Extreme Volume 2. Is this correct?
I painted that same picture on a speaker cabinet. The street sign guy holding his hands to his ears like Bruce did in that picture. That falls right into place with the RX motif. Great stuff. Anymore Extreme Volume Man signs we should see?

In this case, speed and volume don't kill!

Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:09 pm
Godzilla

The speaker cab painting would look really cool! If you have a picture of it you should post it.

Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:12 am
Viking Kong

Yeah, it was Jeff's idea to create the stick figure guy for EX Volume 1 and 2. How do I know? Well, if you skim around in the credits section, you'll see that Jeff Martin is credited for "EX Volume Man" or something similar. But now's the first time I notice that the stickfigure is holding its ears closed, lol... cool stuff!

Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:53 am
Racer X - Current Member

I guess we should see yours and find out the year you came up with it.I may have been lurking round your window in 19 80 something.NOT!!!

Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

I guess we should see yours and find out the year you came up with it.I may have been lurking round your window in 19 80 something.NOT!!!

Sorry Jeff... I wasn't implying I "came up with it." I just saw the resemblence in Bruce holding his ears and noticed the Extreme Volume Man doing a similure pose. I thought it was cool.
The credit is all yours.
AND STOP LOOKING IN MY WINDOWS DAMNIT!!!

Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:03 am
Promises to use Search button

Post Flag on the play, Motorman!
:roll:

Wow, man.

Where did TZ say you ripped him off?

Here's a fan who's giving you props and praise and you can't even recognize it.

TZ has been nothing but a huge RX fan since before I met him in a music store in 1992. I actually went over to him to say "hello" the first time because I heard him playing Heart of A Lion through an Ampeg 1/2-stack. I introduced myself specifically because we were probably the only 2 RX fans in Raleigh at the time. I know for fact that he painted the EV man on a cab because he loves that CD. I don't think he implied otherwise. He's bought every RX album from the beginning, many of them on tape then again on CD. I think you should show a little respect.

He asked a serious question and you gave an insulting BS response. If it was a joke it wasn't funny. Bad form, dude.

FOR SHAME!

Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:21 am
Racer X - Current Member

Looks like your looking out for everyman,everyman.I have nothing but love and adoration for all the fans on this board.When some one says he has a logo that fits right OVER mine, I take that as a I came up with this Idea myself sorta vibe.Just like I get some times from folks" Ya know I have a melody line that sound just like the one in that tune".I am sorry if I took it the wrong way but at least I did not up and scold any one for the act, right or wrong(AS YOU ARE) I did not like shame on you from my mom,and I shure as I freaggggg don,t want them from you .Can You say MNT. out of a mole hill.

Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Racer X - Current Member

And Tone Zone Its all cool sorry for the mix up.Tell your Bud to chill!

Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

That is a pretty wierd(cool) coinc-id-ink...but TZ, do you have any pics of it? I bet it looks awesome!!!

Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:26 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Flag on the play, Motorman!
Everyman wrote:
:roll:

Wow, man.

Where did TZ say you ripped him off?

Here's a fan who's giving you props and praise and you can't even recognize it.

TZ has been nothing but a huge RX fan since before I met him in a music store in 1992. I actually went over to him to say "hello" the first time because I heard him playing Heart of A Lion through an Ampeg 1/2-stack. I introduced myself specifically because we were probably the only 2 RX fans in Raleigh at the time. I know for fact that he painted the EV man on a cab because he loves that CD. I don't think he implied otherwise. He's bought every RX album from the beginning, many of them on tape then again on CD. I think you should show a little respect.

He asked a serious question and you gave an insulting BS response. If it was a joke it wasn't funny. Bad form, dude.

FOR SHAME!

SETTLE THE FUCK DOWN.

Jesus dude. Nice work. Speaking of bad form, dude. I'm sure TZ could have defended himself...that was rediculous, Everyman. Jeff was being nice back...personally I think the Motorman should have taken you to task but hey, that's just me.

Next time you're feeling froggy, jump into traffic bro...not the Racer X pond.

-Chad

Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:46 pm
Motorman

"Next time you're feeling froggy, jump into traffic bro...not the Racer X pond"

This is the most hilarious piece of text i have ever read in my life. :D

From the artist formaly known as 'jay_of_the_day'[/quote]

Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:58 pm
Promises to use Search button

Post Re: Flag on the play, Motorman!
naturallywiredwebdesigns wrote:
SETTLE THE FUCK DOWN.

Jesus dude. Nice work. Speaking of bad form, dude. I'm sure TZ could have defended himself...that was rediculous, Everyman. Jeff was being nice back...personally I think the Motorman should have taken you to task but hey, that's just me.

Next time you're feeling froggy, jump into traffic bro...not the Racer X pond.

-Chad

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

-Everyman

Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:04 pm
Godzilla

WOW! Can you feel the love in here! YEAAAAHAAAA! LOL Sorry! Just trying to live thinks up a bit!

Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:24 pm
Site Admin

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Everyman...thanks for coming back to us.....we were worried you had swallowed the dreaded "PAT QUINN" pill.

is that water I hear rushing under the bridge?

Regards,
Ken

Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]