View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 What about a 24 hour Racer X radio station? 
Godzilla

Post What about a 24 hour Racer X radio station?
What conditions would have to be met to make this a reality?

It would make more people aware of Racer X's music and might get more members for this board.

Wed May 22, 2013 8:20 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: What about a 24 hour Racer X radio station?
Racer X (or any band for that matter) have enough material to have a 24 h radio without being repetitive...

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu May 23, 2013 12:46 am
Profile YIM
Godzilla

The more repetitive something is, the more it will stick in people's memories.

There is no doubt in my mind that one of the main reasons many people don't listen to Racer X is because many people have never heard any of Racer X's music.

Many people have heard a lot of Justin Bieber's music (or whatever you want to call it). Well, you have a lot of people listening to Justin Bieber, and I don't even know of any 24 hour Justin Bieber radio stations.

If you can get a massive number of people listening to Justin Bieber, I would hope that you can get a massive number of people listening to Racer X... not necessarily the SAME people.

Thu May 23, 2013 3:11 am
Viking Kong

If there was enough material it would be cool, but I dont think they have nearly enough material. I dont know if there is a band that can do it with just studio albums.

There are some bands where you could make it work with bootlegs, live recordings, interviews.....

A beatles radio station might work because they have their own albums, plus solo material by the members, and many bands have covered their songs. Then live performances and interviews.

Also even if it could happen it may be hard to get people to listen to it. There is alot of cool stuf out there, but i dont know where all of it is.

Thu May 23, 2013 3:52 am
Godzilla

xjustice09x wrote:
If there was enough material it would be cool, but I dont think they have nearly enough material. I dont know if there is a band that can do it with just studio albums.

There are some bands where you could make it work with bootlegs, live recordings, interviews.....

A beatles radio station might work because they have their own albums, plus solo material by the members, and many bands have covered their songs. Then live performances and interviews.

Also even if it could happen it may be hard to get people to listen to it. There is alot of cool stuf out there, but i dont know where all of it is.

Racer X has live albums.

-

I'm really frustrated here.

I'm absolutely convinced that many people have never heard a lot of music that is currently in existence. Racer X is just one example.

Thu May 23, 2013 10:18 am
God Of The Sun

you're joking yes? :S

a radio station that played the same songs round and round? You think people would make it all the way round, let alone more than once?

Add to that, how is this a benefit to anyone? Cool, in some magic universe a 24 hour radio play would mean every living creature would hear them.... but now they're not going to make any money because everything is there for you 24 hours a day for free.

Thu May 23, 2013 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

MissMisstreater wrote:
you're joking yes? :S

a radio station that played the same songs round and round? You think people would make it all the way round, let alone more than once?

Add to that, how is this a benefit to anyone? Cool, in some magic universe a 24 hour radio play would mean every living creature would hear them.... but now they're not going to make any money because everything is there for you 24 hours a day for free.

I was going to say that more people would come to see them live, but if I understand correctly, they haven't been doing very many live shows lately.

Sigh.

There has got to be SOME way of making more people aware of Racer X's music...

Thu May 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Search Button God!

Gringo300 wrote:
There has got to be SOME way of making more people aware of Racer X's music...

Racer X would have to be an actual band for that to happen. It's been over 10 years now. Be happy with the music you have and let it go.

Thu May 23, 2013 12:54 pm
Viking Kong

I’ve been a subscriber of SiriusXm Satellite Radio for a number of years and they often roll out 24 hour radio stations dedicated to single artists/bands such as Led Zeppelin, AC\DC, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis, Kiss, etc. Most of them are “special limited time" running stations because even with such vast catalogs it tends to get old after a while. Of course there are exceptions… The Grateful Dead Channel has been around for quite a while, but that is due to the fact that besides airing their entire catalog, they also air all of the side projects as well of lots of audience recordings (which is something that Dead Heads are famous for doing and seeking out). Other longer running artist specific stations such as the Sinatra Channel doesn’t only play Frank Sinatra tunes, but also songs related to Frank such as songs by various members of the Rat Pack, songs by Nancy Sinatra, Frank Sinatra Jr, etc as well as other songs from Frank’s era in order to keep that station from getting stale.

Anyway my point is that if 24 hour stations dedicated exclusively to the music of single artists or bands with huge catalogs get stale and boring after a while no matter how cool they are (IE: AC\DC, Led Zeppelin), well then a station dedicated exclusively to the music of a band like Racer X that has a much smaller catalog would go stale in a shorter amount of time. I suppose if you added Paul’s solo catalog, Mr Big’s catalog, The Mars Volta catalog, as well as Bruce’s solo stuff, the Judas Priest material with Scott Travis, the Badlands material with Jeff Martin, etc it would keep fresh a bit longer, but then it would no longer be a 24 hour Racer X station.

Just my two cents. :wink:

Thu May 23, 2013 4:41 pm
Viking Kong

:shock: OMG duuuuude since you know EVH how about getting him to record a cover version of Scarified for the RX radio station you're setting up??

THIS IS GONNA BE SAAAAWEEEEET !!!! :)

Mon May 27, 2013 8:35 pm
Viking Kong

I think the closest you're going to get is with a phone app called "Grooveshark".

It lets you enter custom stations (I typed in Racer-X) and they'll play songs from that group, & other related groups.
I like it, because along with Racer-X, they'll throw in Malmsteen, Greg Howe, Cacophony, Steve Vai, that Michaelangelo guy, as well as others, in for good measure.
A pretty good mix. :)

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:56 pm
Viking Kong

Hey BACK THE FUCK UP ESE!!! Gringo's gonna get EVH to play fucking SCARIFIED on his new RACER X radio he's setting up for all of us :x

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:05 pm
Viking Kong

Ooooooooooooooooooooh... you're so going to be put on Gringo's ignore list if you keep this up! Image

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:14 pm
Viking Kong

You know what, Gringo?

Go ahead, man. Make a 24/7 Racer X radio station. Fucking awesome. A man with passion doing what he loves. Props to you.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:38 pm
Godzilla

MissMisstreater wrote:

a radio station that played the same songs round and round?

Since there are so many radio stations already doing this, I figured one more wouldn't hurt...

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:38 am
Viking Kong

Gringo300 wrote:
MissMisstreater wrote:

a radio station that played the same songs round and round?

Since there are so many radio stations already doing this, I figured one more wouldn't hurt...

I gotta agree with that statement.
I turn on the radio every morning as I wake up, and it's the same shit over and over, just like it's groundhog day.

Might as well let it be Racer X.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:02 pm
Viking Kong

WHO LISTENS TO THE RADIO ANYMORE?!?!?

I listen to sports talk radio occasionally in the mornings, but if its music I want to listen to its my iPod (or now my Iphone which I just got for fathers day).....

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:52 am
Viking Kong

Xelatunes wrote:
WHO LISTENS TO THE RADIO ANYMORE?!?!?....

Blow up the radio, damn it!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]