View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Remember Anton Oparin ? 
Viking Kong

Post Remember Anton Oparin ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEGIW_pA3wM

He's still doing good.
He found a buddy to play Technical Difficulties with.

Given the skills of his friend to keep up in perfect synch during the rythmn sections, I wish Anton wasn't the only one soloing... but what the hell, this is still definitely one of the most awesome two guitare'd Technical Difficulties cover I've ever seen.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:03 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Remember Anton Oparin ?
This is from a year and a half ago and the other guitarist is Brono from this board...

I await Lamer with a search button comment...! :P

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

Fuck !

How did I miss that !
Where's Brono by the way, and wasn't he from downunder ?
How did he end up meeting Anton ?

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:37 pm
Viking Kong

Brono still posts, he did so in the recent Aus clinic thread.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:15 am
Viking Kong

Acid Wire wrote:
Fuck !

How did I miss that !
Where's Brono by the way, and wasn't he from downunder ?
How did he end up meeting Anton ?

It was right before he moved back to Australia I think. Maybe a year and a half ago or so! Brono did a bad ass job

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 pm
Superhero

Yeah thats me.
Was about end of 09 I believe.

I met Anton through his brother, Alex. The big guy on bass is his brother and he went to BIT while I was in GIT. I jammed with him on some RX tunes and he showed me a video of his little brother playing guitar. I had seen the clip before on youtube (the one of him 8yrs old playing frenzy) it was a totally 'its a small world' feeling.
Later his brother told me Anton was coming to L.A for a visit, so I met up with Anton (he knew fuck all english at this time) and witnessed his skill first hand. I think I still have footage of that first jam in a GIT practice room somewhere.
anyway.. A while later Alex told me Anton was getting a deal with GKG and was going to have a little exhibition concert in west L.A, which he asked if I was up for back up guitars...I couldnt say no to that!
So Anton (and his dad) came back and we spent a few weeks practicing up until the show. The concert went well, but I tell yah, we had some rehearsals that were insane!
I remember we played Scarified through one time so well that after Anton just had to come up and give a big high 5, it was easily best band I played in.
Theres a few more songs up that I posted on my account too.

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:05 pm
Superhero

I dont really check out the Asylum much anymore :oops:
I cant even remember the last time I listened to PG/RX. Im alot more into more classical stuff these days. Plus I recently started work out on a remote gold mine in W.A doing a 2/1 roster doing security. Where Im at right now, got bored and thought I'd see whats happening over here, when I came accross this thread :P
I havent touched a guitar in 2 weeks :cry: but I will get one out here next roster, I do have sometime up here to practice on the job (Shhhh) :wink: But fucken good money aye!

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
I remember watching a couple of those rehearsals through the glass. Good times...

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Gosh I am always just floored by this dude... I remember seeing that first clip of him years ago when he was like 8 or 9 I think.. And I was completely shocked by how someone even close to his age could play Paul's licks as fast and accurate as he did... I have seen many great players cover Paul and a few of them have pulled it off for the most part.. But it's a rare bird that can not only play the notes, but they can also capture that essence that Paul and many other greats have... It's just a mixture of timing, pick attack, and the phrasing of the notes that really show me who's got the goods to cover a guy of such caliber.

That dude has made me sick since day one!!! He must have had a combination of a crazy obsession with practicing, and alot of pressure from maybe his parents... Either way he has really improved alot.

But at the end of the day, I really feel that being truly great, you have to prove you can write your own stuff that stands on it's own as amazing.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]