View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 11 years ago tonight 
Viking Kong

Post Re: 11 years ago tonight
Acid Wire wrote:

Can anything be done to clean up the audio a little bit ?

Um yeah its on the priority list right behind remastering Second Heat.......

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:26 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: 11 years ago tonight
Ryan wrote:
KenHower wrote:
Snowball Of Doom was recorded in LA.

That month, I remember checking the temporary Racer X forums (guestbook) in the high school's computer room. I made sure that I wore my Racer X fan badge with pride--I scribbled the band's logo on my backpack and folders, burned Racer X sampler CDs for my friends, wore custom-ordered colorful shoes with "Racer X" embroidered on the tag, and I built a Racer X fan page on Angelfire. I did everything in my power to spread the word because, as a budding musician, I idolized the members of the band, thinking each member to be the absolute pinnacle of his instrument. If Paul Gilbert, to me, was the Babe Ruth of guitar, then John Alderete was the Michael Jordan of bass, Scott Travis the Muhammad Ali of drums, and Jeff Martin the Tiger Woods of singing. And there was a reason to be this excited. Back then, Racer X had recently reformed, and they were going forward full-throttle with albums like Technical Difficulties and Superheroes. My obsession with Racer X began in late 2000, just as Superheroes was being released in Japan, so when I joined the Racer X community the next year, there was a reason to stay up-to-date. It's not the same, anymore. I still love the band, and I get goosebumps when I see things like the NAMM show, but I've lost my passion for the group. Year after year went by without so much as a peep from the band; slowly, I lost interest. I'm still here because of the community: I was one of the first people to join this forum and will probably be one of the last to disappear from it, whenever that time comes. :) Anyway, eleven years since the Whisky show, Ken, commemorates our eleven years of e-friendship, so gimme a hug. ;)

E hug.

What I wouldn't do to see a photo of that ensemble.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2