View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Racer X - Phoenix AZ Audio? 
Motorman

Post Racer X - Phoenix AZ Audio?
If you have read The Racer X The Arizona story here: http://www.racerxband.com/cool.htm
Then You should know that Racer X ounce played a live show in Phoenix AZ..Could this Audio recording be from that show? :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM_vMmIxUaE

Hmmm.. The video dates back to 1987, I sounds like you can only hear paul.. :?

Tue May 01, 2012 11:16 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Racer X - Phoenix AZ Audio?
This sounds very good IMO!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Wed May 02, 2012 12:37 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Hey ! Cool find !

Thanks !

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Wed May 02, 2012 6:06 am
Search Button God!

Awesome!

Wed May 02, 2012 11:58 am
Motorman

This appears to be the sound engineer from that venue. this is very good, and he is adding the rest of the show soon.

Thu May 03, 2012 12:16 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

This is absolutely lovely!

Thu May 03, 2012 5:44 am
Unt! I move topics!

Awesome boot. Can't wait to hear the rest of it. But somebody has their dates wrong. Paul said the trip to Arizona took place in the summer of 1986. This guy has the show taking place in February of 1987.

Thu May 03, 2012 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

Howdy Racer X fans
I am the one who posted the Mason Jar recording of "Into The Night" and am quite pleased at how it has been received
(never know how something like this will fly)
Ok there have been some questions as to the date. The Feb 87 date is a guess based on the band I mixed on the flipside of the tape was dated Feb 87 so I assumed this was Mixed somewhere around that time but it could have been any other time even 86.
These tapes were re-recorded over many times as i recorded every band that played at the Jar and only kept the ones that i deemed good enough to keep those got tossed into a box and there they have set for 25, 26 years.
I have recently retired from the Biz and am in the process of editing all of the shows i have recorded over the years and just happen to start with all of the Mason Jar stuff.
Ok back to the date according to Paul's story they loaded up a van with their gear and drove sitting on Amp heads and drum cases
to Phx and this i am sure happen but they must have done at least one more show in Phx at the Jar because in one of the breaks between songs on this show Jeff thanks Surgical Steel for the loan of their gear so racer X wouldn't have to bring theirs.
Now this could be that steel supplied speaker boxes and X only had to bring heads and drums OR this was an entirely different show.
I really don't know as i was just the house guy at the Jar and was not in on that info.
I am hoping someone here can shed some light on this because i want to get the accurate date on this if possible.
I didn't take over as full time House Eng till Jan 1987 but Myself and Nino Notaro (RIP) filled in for Jeff Hawk who was the Eng in 1986 many times during 86 when he had other gigs so there is a very good chance this is the 86 show i do know based on this show they were tossing out Street Lethal records and were selling them at the club that night so it was probably right around the release of that record.
Anyway i should have the rest of this show edited and ready to post in a week or so.

Cheers
Joe Crip

Thu May 03, 2012 5:26 pm
Viking Kong

Hi Joe!

Well, thanks again for the track (and now for the inside info!)

My suggestion would be to e-mail Paul. I know he'd be pleased to answer an old time RX question like that!

Thu May 03, 2012 8:25 pm
Profile YIM
is the Siren's Eye

Burnin a little midnight oil... well not exactly oil but finished another Phoenix audio song it's up at http://youtu.be/vOBhfgXLQTY

Buckle up and go on a big drum romp with Scott Travis.

Turn it up!

Fri May 04, 2012 8:05 am
Viking Kong

This thread needs to become a sticky !

Awesome Racer X stories, awesome Racer X recordings !
Thanks a lot. 8)

Fri May 04, 2012 8:46 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Thanks for the info, Joe! I'm not a moderator here. Just wait for Lamer to see it and it'll be sticky

Fri May 04, 2012 4:19 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Another Phx audio up http://youtu.be/V3SvmNAWRbw

and yes i know the 2nd guitar is buried in the mix (as some have noted) I am saddened by this as I edit this show.
I can only guess the mic died and i didn't catch it or i just blew it. Sorry these things happen.
I have tried in places to pull it up but with a 2 track mix it's tough to do without affecting other stuff.

Cheers
Joe Crip

Fri May 04, 2012 5:03 pm
Motorman

motomojo wrote:
Another Phx audio up http://youtu.be/V3SvmNAWRbw

and yes i know the 2nd guitar is buried in the mix (as some have noted) I am saddened by this as I edit this show.
I can only guess the mic died and i didn't catch it or i just blew it. Sorry these things happen.
I have tried in places to pull it up but with a 2 track mix it's tough to do without affecting other stuff.

Cheers
Joe Crip

Okay, now it makes sense how we can only hear Paul, but what I still don't understand is that when Bruce joined Racer X..
he wrote a new part for the first half of the solo for "Into The Night". I swear is sounds like Paul is doing the whole solo to that song in this show.

Sat May 05, 2012 5:46 am
is the Siren's Eye

It is all Paul. I could not find a way to pull up the 2nd guitar (Bruce) as the only way I can do it is when just the 2nd guitar is playing
without Paul playing and then i can only do it by selecting the freq range the guitar is in and kicking those freq's up a few DB but not enough to adversely affect other stuff in that freq range.
Ahhh the pitfalls to 2 track editing.
listen to On The Loose and you can hear that I have bumped up the 2nd guitar at the beginning it's a bit thin as I'm uping a weak signal but it is way better that the guitar hardly being heard. It took the better part of an hour to get the guitars sort of at the same level
through the beginning as they are trading off. The raw version was not even listenable.

There are a couple new tracks up Street Lethal and Bowie's cover of Moonage Daydream.

Cheers
Joe Crip

Sat May 05, 2012 6:10 am
Search Button God!

Pao wrote:
Thanks for the info, Joe! I'm not a moderator here. Just wait for Lamer to see it and it'll be sticky

Nope, only Ken can do that.

Sat May 05, 2012 9:01 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

There are new ones up, by the way. I saw them when they got posted but I thought he'd reply here. So anyway:

On The Loose version 2
YRO
Scott drum solo
Scott drum solo version 2
Moonage Daydream
Street Lethal

Tue May 15, 2012 4:10 am
Viking Kong

Kick ass.

Thanks motomojo 8) .

Tue May 15, 2012 3:23 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Sorry I was going to post the new tracks but got involved in another project and never got to it.
I still have 7 tracks to finish and upload and plan to get back to the Racer X material very soon.
I switch up stuff so as to keep the ears fresh and take a couple days off each week to give em a break.

will post links as soon as I get more done.

Thank you all for your kind responses.

BTW I received an email from the webmaster inquiring as to getting this whole show sent to him to post on this site i have responded to him in the affirmative just waiting for him to send me an address where i can send the disc.

In other news i would like to invite you all to check out a new rock and roll band from Nashville TN "The Bluefields"
These are good friends of mine i have known for 30 years and toured with several times in their old bands.
This is not metal but it is great straight up Rock and Roll... and we all like that.

The Bluefields are: Warner Hodges - Lead Guitar, Vocals (Jason and The Scorchers)
Dan Baird - Bass Guitar, Guitar, Vocals (Georgia Satellites)
Joe Blanton - Rhythm Guitar, Lead Vocal (Royal Court of China)
Steve Gorman - Drums (The Black Crowes)
Website here http://thebluefields.com/home.cfm
Their record is being released today and there are tracks to listen to on the site.

Cheers
Joe Crip

Tue May 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Viking Kong

Cool, man. Will check out your friend's band!

Tue May 15, 2012 6:59 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next