View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Just a thought... 
Viking Kong

Post Re: Just a thought...
Ken, first of all, it's nice to have you posting here back again.

But, do you really think a RX Remaster would be THAT popular?

And when I mean THAT popular, I mean the band (or manager, or record company or whoever) would make a PROFIT out of the remasters?

I have no idea how much it would cost do remaster an album like that... But counting digital downloads and physical CDs (and maybe even vinyls), do you think there could be a profit out of the remasters?

As much as I love the band (and I would surely purchase the remasters), I believe most bands nowadays earn money from live concerts (which is not Racer X's case), so I don't know if remastering old albums would be a profitable idea...

just my 2 cents.

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:24 pm
Profile YIM
Motorman

Are you Evil? JOEEE wrote:
...But would anyone be just as content as I would if instead of new Racer X material, the band decided to re-record Street Lethal, and maybe Second Heat (if Paul decided to do both guitar parts), to the modern recording standards that are the same as Technical Difficulties and Superheroes? Personally, I'd love to see re-recordings of the first two albums with the same sort of sound as the other two albums (maybe even put them in different keys!). Anyways, just wanted to get an opinion on that. :)

It would be cool if they re-recorded the first two albums, but I personally think that you can't re-record both albums without Bruce.
When Bruce joined the band.. Every song on the street lethal album pretty much got changed when it came to the solos... When they
played live, the street lethal songs we're pretty much never played the same way as they we're on the actual album...Right?

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Great to see you back on here, Ken!

I think Racer X has increased in popularity everywhere in the world. Especially now that Paul Gilbert released all his solo albums, instrumental people who were introduced to PG looked into Racer X.

I honestly don't think they'd BUY it though. Maybe they'd think it's cool and download or something but I highly doubt they'd spend to buy Racer X. I mean, all of us here would DEFINITELY buy Racer X stuff. I don't know with everyone else.

Re-recording stuff is great! And I do agree Bruce should be there. It's really different when Bruce is around. But like I said in my earlier post, I'd be happy with anything

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:52 am
Viking Kong

Sir Robin wrote:
Ken, first of all, it's nice to have you posting here back again.

But, do you really think a RX Remaster would be THAT popular?

And when I mean THAT popular, I mean the band (or manager, or record company or whoever) would make a PROFIT out of the remasters?

I have no idea how much it would cost do remaster an album like that... But counting digital downloads and physical CDs (and maybe even vinyls), do you think there could be a profit out of the remasters?

As much as I love the band (and I would surely purchase the remasters), I believe most bands nowadays earn money from live concerts (which is not Racer X's case), so I don't know if remastering old albums would be a profitable idea...

just my 2 cents.

I completely agree... so... live concerts?? :twisted:

Paul can sell out European tours on his own and half of the people who come are only there to see him play Scarified! :P

I guess a tour is a lot to commit to when they all have varying degrees other commitments.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

All I know is if Racer X came around these parts I'd buy multiple tickets and make my friends go if I had to. I know they'd go willingly though.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:36 pm
Viking Kong

KenHower wrote:
They have not been remastered.

I asked Mike Varney last year....and he said...so all 3 people could buy it?

I don't think he or many understand how popular Racer X is now...Worldwide. They have more fans now, through YouTube and such...than they did in 1987.

It's all thanks to the Internet, Ken. If it weren't for peer-to-peer software like Napster, then I wouldn't have purchased any of my first Racer X albums. A small local following can translate into worldwide success via the Internet.

I personally would love to buy a reissue of Second Heat because, out of all Racer X albums, I think that one suffers from the worst production and mastering. John Alderete's bass is buried, and everything sounds washed out, trebly, and saturated in reverb. Let's modernize the sound a bit, I say, and maybe add some bonus tracks--studio takes that never made the "final cut," demos, bonus live content, whatever. I'd re-buy Second Heat without hesitation. O.K., so printing a whole line of albums and releasing them on CD will inevitably come with costs. If CD production is too pricey, perhaps Varney would consider selling the album online, via iTunes or Amazon, to eliminate production fees. Most of us would prefer a physical disc, but I'll take an online re-release if nothing else is available.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:12 am
Dr. X

I personally would love to buy a reissue of Second Heat because, out of all Racer X albums, I think that one suffers from the worst production and mastering. John Alderete's bass is buried, and everything sounds washed out, trebly, and saturated in reverb. Let's modernize the sound a bit, I say, and maybe add some bonus tracks--studio takes that never made the "final cut," demos, bonus live content, whatever. I'd re-buy Second Heat without hesitation. O.K., so printing a whole line of albums and releasing them on CD will inevitably come with costs. If CD production is too pricey, perhaps Varney would consider selling the album online, via iTunes or Amazon, to eliminate production fees. Most of us would prefer a physical disc, but I'll take an online re-release if nothing else is available.[/quote]

THIS!!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Yeah I'd like an online release as well.

OR. Maybe like add goodies to physical discs? I know I bought Brett Garsed's CD directly from him and it was signed personally. Also, all the profits went straight to Brett which is great!

I'd love a signed album. Even if it's just from one member!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:12 am
King Of The Monsters

Any new material coming with the name of RACER X means "buy" to me.

It would be great to hear the old albums with a "modern" sound or without all the limitations that analog recording with a low budget had back in the day...

They should do it, and then make some gigs to please us...I´d be there in a second.

Image Image

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Guitarp77 wrote:
Any new material coming with the name of RACER X means "buy" to me.

It would be great to hear the old albums with a "modern" sound or without all the limitations that analog recording with a low budget had back in the day...

They should do it, and then make some gigs to please us...I´d be there in a second.

Amen.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:19 pm
Viking Kong

Ryan wrote:
O.K., so printing a whole line of albums and releasing them on CD will inevitably come with costs. If CD production is too pricey, perhaps Varney would consider selling the album online, via iTunes or Amazon, to eliminate production fees. Most of us would prefer a physical disc, but I'll take an online re-release if nothing else is available.

Palabra Guey !!! X 1000 !!!

8)

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:19 pm
Motorman

I really don't mind the production on Street Lethal. Blowin' Up The Radio and Loud and Clear sound great! The title track sounds a little mushy, but I dont think thats anything compared to the washfest that is Second Heat. Maybe its just the compositions.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2