View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2 cents 
Viking Kong

Post Re: 2 cents
If RX released a new song every year, we'd have about 10 more songs since Getting Heavier!

That'd be great already!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:04 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Well, I'll be damned. It's Chad. :) Welcome to the forum, Milan. That was a very well-organized argument. I'm just not sure that there's any interest within the band to reunite and release a new album. We've been told numerous times that Racer X wants to revisit their metal roots and write new music, but we've been hearing this for years. Last I knew, the band members have been involved in their own separate projects--Mr. Big, Judas Priest, Mars Volta--which has historically left very little time available for a reunion. I'd love a new Racer X album, but even if Getting Heavier is the band's curtain call, then they've left us with many albums of amazing music and I'm happy just to have experienced it while it lasted. In an ideal world, Paul gets on the phone with John, Jeff, and Scott tomorrow; he calls up Harry and Bruce to get them involved in a few songs; then, he puts together a few guest appearances: Marty Friedman on an Eastern-inspired tune, Yngwie Malmsteen on a "Viking Kong" type instrumental. This would assert Racer X's prominence in the metal world; they could go out on an epic bang and I think it would be a successful album, given the state of the metal industry. Consider that the time is right for "retro" bands to resurface and revisit their roots. This trend is affecting the entire metal world and there's no reason for me to believe that Racer X wouldn't benefit from this movement.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:20 am
Motorman

Chad, halfway through that post I was Getting Depressed. Solid finish!

Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2