View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Racer X Line Up Poll! 
Motorman

Post Racer X Line Up Poll!
Who thinks that Bruce Bouillet should rejoin Racer X or say out of the band?

I SAY BRUCE SHOULD RE-JOIN, WHOS WITH ME!?!?!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:41 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Racer X Line Up Poll!
...I feel that this thread is in bad taste and hope it is removed promptly before I see anything stupid.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:11 am
God Of The Sun

of course everyone would like Bruce to rejoin.
Everyone would also like them making another album and tour

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:51 am
Viking Kong

I doubt anyone wants Bruce to stay out of the band. But before thinking of that I wish Racer X would reunite period, even with one guitarist... and that doesn't necessarily mean Paul if he doesn't like heavy metal anymore. It could be a reunion with just Bruce.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:57 pm
God Of The Sun

Acid Wire wrote:
I doubt anyone wants Bruce to stay out of the band. But before thinking of that I wish Racer X would reunite period, even with one guitarist... and that doesn't necessarily mean Paul if he doesn't like heavy metal anymore. It could be a reunion with just Bruce.

couldn't agree more man... we already know racer x without paul is still beyond awesome.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:46 pm
Godzilla

To be honest I don't care anymore, Bruce didn't join them for the last 3 albums, so I don't think he will for the next one...if there's ever gonna be another one... :|
I am definitely a first generation RACER X fan so I just put on Second Heat or LEV and remember the good old times! 8)
He is defiantly capable of playing alongside Paul and RACER X, I heard his solo stuff and it is good, but at the end of the day it's his choice if he wants to or not.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:11 pm
Viking Kong

Volkan wrote:
Acid Wire wrote:

couldn't agree more man... we already know racer x without paul is still beyond awesome.

Yeap, Paul is an awesome guitarist but Racer X isn't all about Paul. Since Lamer mentionned the possibility of a Racer X reunion with only Bruce on guitar, I keep thinking it could be totally awesome.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:29 pm
Dr. X

Acid Wire wrote:
Yeap, Paul is an awesome guitarist but Racer X isn't all about Paul.

That's kind of like saying Queen wasn't all about Freddie Mercury - true, but without Freddie it's not really Queen either. Give it a new name if you want, but there ain't no Racer X without Paul.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 pm
Search Button God!

silentbob777 wrote:
That's kind of like saying Queen wasn't all about Freddie Mercury - true, but without Freddie it's not really Queen either. Give it a new name if you want, but there ain't no Racer X without Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR-GZZO0TJI yeah, right :roll:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:06 pm
Dr. X

Lamer wrote:
silentbob777 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR-GZZO0TJI yeah, right :roll:

You prove my point perfectly, sir.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:31 pm
Search Button God!

silentbob777 wrote:

You prove my point perfectly, sir.

I what way Bruce's version is worse than this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V02coWodXcQ

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:50 pm
Motorman

I honestly really don't think it really matters I just want Bruce back because he is cool.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:06 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Zae wrote:
...I feel that this thread is in bad taste and hope it is removed promptly before I see anything stupid.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 am
Search Button God!

Pao wrote:
Zae wrote:

The thread stays for now but keep the discussion civilised or I'll close it faster than Paul and Bruce could play scarified back in '87.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:29 am
Viking Kong

silentbob777 wrote:
Acid Wire wrote:
Yeap, Paul is an awesome guitarist but Racer X isn't all about Paul.

Well... then, since I believe Racer X is the Second Heat line-up, then Technical Difficulties, Superheroes and Getting Heavier weren't Racer X records either, if I look at things your way, but with Bruce being absent instead of Paul.

I believe Racer X is still Racer X even with only one guitarist, be it Paul or Bruce. Of course, to me ultimate Racer X is with both of em... but what the hell, I'm starving so much for a new record that I'll be more than glad to hear a record with only Bruce handling guitar duties, especially when I remember that he wrote the intro to Motorman.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:35 pm
God Of The Sun

And MissMistreater

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Acid Wire wrote:
Well... then, since I believe Racer X is the Second Heat line-up, then Technical Difficulties, Superheroes and Getting Heavier weren't Racer X records either, if I look at things your way, but with Bruce being absent instead of Paul.

Look at it how you want, but that would mean you saying that only 1 of 5 studio albums were recorded by Racer X, which would of course be madness.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:08 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: I'm off to GERMANY!!!
silentbob777 wrote:
Acid Wire wrote:

Look at it how you want, but that would mean you saying that only 1 of 5 studio albums were recorded by Racer X, which would of course be madness.

That's my point. I believe the albums with only Paul are Racer X material, and I also believe Racer X is the Second Heat line-up. It seems only logical to me that an album with only Bruce would also be Racer X material. So... No, Paul is super awesome, but he isn't Racer X's essence all by himself. An album with only Bruce on guitar would be Racer X nontheless.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:19 am
King Of The Monsters

For me, with no Paul, and Racer X is a travesty.

He has always been the "soul" of the band, along with Motorman.

I`d love to hear new music, but with no Paul it would be as Cacophony releasing an album without Jason Becker. As awesome it might be, its just NOT that band...

Image Image

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:23 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I'm okay if the rest of the band, minus Paul, would just play together. Doesn't matter what they're called

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next