View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 10 Confessions of a Racer X fan(atic) 
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

11. I selfishly yearn for a day that Bruce would get back in the band, get rid of his tendonitis, & give me my vision of the ideal Racer-X, even though I love 'em no matter what. :wink:

bruce has tendonitis? really.. is that the reason why he didn't join racer x again..? :shock:

anyway..
1. paul gilbert's three notes per string really works. seriously. :D
2. i watch intense rock 1 before every gig to get me in that "holy shit he's shredding so fucking fast i wana do that too!" mode.
3. yeah.. racer x sounds better before with 2 guitars. and funny hair :lol:
4. i thought i was the only one who noticed scott travis' bored look while playing drums :wink: :lol:
5. i still drool over john alderete's bass arpeggio in scarified. it was the 1st time i ever heard anything that fast for bass.
6. do you know how hard it is to shred with a strap that low like paul gilbert's? :shock:
7. i love PG's photoshop pics! hahaha!! it inspired me to make some of my own (but using only ms paint and ms powerpoint.. i dont have photoshop hehehe..)
8. i have a paul gilbert asian clinic tour 2001 poster at the back of my door.. but i got it at 2005 :P and i wasnt at the clinic, coz i was young and stupid.. and i didn't know how to play guitar harhar..
9. paul gilbert changed throughout the years (style wise) he's more melodic now, more than ever. but before, he shredded the shit out of everyone (he destroyed the world too :D) im not saying he's gone slower.. like what he said in intense rock 2, what he's doing now, is good band-wise. :D
10. i like bruce's solo in scarified better than paul's.. :P maybe becoz bruce is addicted to sweep arpeggios and he does it a lot.. paul tends to do lots of speed picking (wc is harder) then like in bruce's solo in extreme volume, he does lots of sweeps and it sounded really scary. :shock: hahaha!

Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:10 pm
Dr. X

1. I first leared of Racer X when my friend sent me a link to Paul's website so that I could see how nuts it was.8)

2. Paul's long hair rocked.

3. I am totally addicted to this forum, and read every post.

4. I bought a PGM301 last week and it is the best guitar I have ever played. :D

5. I can play most of Scarified.

6. The electric bat costume is sweet.

7. I tired to do the thing in Terrifying Guitar Trip where the screen splits and you see Paul playing both guitar parts to technical difficulties.

8. Paul's website it NUTS (awesome).

9. I now think pink and neon green are sweet colors.

10. I want to see Paul live :!:

http://jamfetamine.com/themusic/original/main.html

Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

1) I first discovered Racer X when Dave Kilminster did a "play like Paul Gilbert in Racer X" column and I was amazed at the twin guitar shit!

2) I was very dissapointed when Paul removed all the old clips from his site the day before I got a PC so that I could download them.

3) I always feel guilty about emailing people in bands, especially Racer X. Dunno why?

4) I very nearly spent my entire student loan on a plane ticket to the states so that I could come see Racer X at the SOD show!!!! I had exams and no passport so it didn't pan out!

5) Everyone I have played Racer x to wants to know why they haven't heard of them before.

6) I feel like a member of an elite club just by knowing who Racer X are!!!!

7) Untill a few years ago I was still under the misguided belief that Racer X would be looking for a replacement for Bruce and that I was that man :lol: I sense I'm not alone :wink:

8. I hate people who say "Why don't you come and tour in (insert country)?" but I've often felt like saying it 'cos I would love to see Racer X in the UK.

9) I felt a little bit gutted when the Japanese got a Racer X tour and the rest of the world got nothing.

10) I have missed Paul Gilbert at every oppurtunity I've ever had - Three clinics - including one that one of my best mates organised!!!!

Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:47 am
Dr. X

1-I still don't have mu hair enough long to call it "long.I've just finished high school(6 days ago)

2-I think he idea of painting f -holes to a guitar is genius.

3-At first I thought that scarified was played with one guitar,just re-records.

4-Paul looked better with long hair.

5-Paul can still have long hair.

6-Why does Paul cuts his hair?

7-Hair is something important.

8-Racer X must be popular and today's pop singers must be punished with several ways(by forbidding them to get their hair cut)

9-I don't like Ibanez but PGM 301 is so cool!

10-Paul could start his own comedy show and Jerry Seinfeld would have to find a new job.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:04 am
Profile ICQ
Godzilla

Damm this is old but I want to make my own confessions..!!! I think I´ll never be this sincere so please read well...!!

1) I like more how Racer X sounds without Bruce I can understand the fast bits much more easily and the tone now is better too... I liked how some of the harmonized bits sounded but I prefer only 1 guitar... ( I have ALWAYS wondered why didn´t Paul used a harmonizer for some of those parts now that they don´t play with Bruce... NOTE that I´m not familiar with harmonizers... I´ve never used one..! So don´t flame just try to explain it to me please :oops: )

2) I was kinda happy Bruce didn´t go back with Racer X :oops: I thought he was getting too good and I was afraid that he could be faster or better than Paul :evil: Which now I look at it it´s kinda silly who cares I would still prefer Paul over Bruce even if he could play like 30 notes per second...

3) I like SOD2 more than SOD better songs and more solos!!!

4) I don´t like the live version of Superheroes of SOD2 I mean I like it but I prefer the original... I don´t know the 1/2 tone higher doesn´t make me happy the beggining verses always get on my nerves with Jeff like screaming really high pitched...

5)My biggest wish is that at least once before I die I could meet Paul and play with him (I wouldn´t treat him like OH YOU ARE MY GOD SIR PLEASE DONT WALK THE FLOOR IS DIRTY USE MY BODY TO WALK OVER IT) I would treat him friendly but kindly appreciatte his playing..!

6) I think Paul´s tone in SOD/SOD2 is the best live tone I´ve ever heard!!!!!! Love the warm bassy tones

7) I think Paul solo cd´s are the best music EVER... I like heavy metal but those records have gotten me into really melodical catchy tunes with guitar solos not being the highlight of the album... Something you can just sit and listen because I´ll tell you the truth I dont really like some of the older Racer X tunes from Street Lethal or Second Heat ... When I listened to them I would be like common hurry I wanna hear the solo and skip to the next song...! I´m glad Racer X now is much more music oriented... I love the fact that I can show Paul´s solo stuff to girls and they like it and some other guys that like other kind of music still like those tunes

8 ) I hate the word SHRED and I´m glad where I live nobody uses this word (cuz we speak spanish) BUT I love saying FAST GUITAR...

9) I have donwloaded most of Racer X songs and Paul solo stuff... I´m sorry but you can´t just walk in here in a cd store and ask for Racer X or Paul Gilbert they´ll laugh at you saying you just made that up.... The only Racer X cd´s I have is SOD2 and Second Heat which are mainly the only cd´s I listen but that costed me 57$ to order only 2 cd´s... I´m not rich but even with that price I´m still planing on buying the rest of the Racer X cd´s (original you can get them here for like 3$ in copies and even those are REALLY REALLY hard to find I have to take like a 45 min trip) And also buy some Paul solo stuff sorry but I won´t be able to buy them all (at least right now) so yeah I donwloaded the music because there´s not other way I can get them here...sad I want to actually buy them but at decent prices...

10) I prefer playing guitar over having sex and going out with girls...!! Not with friends..! No I´m not gay I just love playing guitar...!

Albert Einstein

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:53 pm
Godzilla

(I have ALWAYS wondered why didn´t Paul used a harmonizer for some of those parts now that they don´t play with Bruce... NOTE that I´m not familiar with harmonizers... I´ve never used one..! So don´t flame just try to explain it to me please :oops:)

Harmonizers can only play in set intervals, i.e. Constantly in 4ths or minor 3rds etc. - they can't play diatonic to any given scale/mode, which was what Racer X's old harmonies are.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:02 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

kameron wrote:
(I have ALWAYS wondered why didn´t Paul used a harmonizer for some of those parts now that they don´t play with Bruce... NOTE that I´m not familiar with harmonizers... I´ve never used one..! So don´t flame just try to explain it to me please :oops:)

Harmonizers can only play in set intervals, i.e. Constantly in 4ths or minor 3rds etc. - they can't play diatonic to any given scale/mode, which was what Racer X's old harmonies are.

You're wrong! some CAN follow a scale, just enter "a minor" and the harmonizer will follow that scale!

Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:45 pm
Superhero

Speed_DemonX wrote:
kameron wrote:

You're wrong! some CAN follow a scale, just enter "a minor" and the harmonizer will follow that scale!

But most of them sound shit anyway. Well, they aren't gonna be passing off as a second guitar. It also means you can't do a "one guy on bridge pickup one guy on neck pickup" kinda thing.. or any complex counterpoint parts.. you're just stuck with a harmony

Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:55 pm
is the Siren's Eye

1) when you pull onto the motorway with something off street lethal or second heat pumping out and think everyone seems to be driving slowly today, only look at your speedo and realise your doing 120mph!

2) bought a drill, yet to use it

3) love 80's Racer X image so much started building a guitar that's neon green, 3 pink humbuckers, purple neons under the humbuckers and a maple fret board! bad ass! Will post pics when finished.

4) I get fustrated that I have nailed the rythem parts to a few Racer X songs but just give up on the solo's

5) glove box of my car only has racer x in it.

6) if racer x ever play anywhere i will get a bank loan of how ever much it takes and get my ass out there.

7) Found Racer X by looking on the Ibanez website about 3 years ago and thought Paul Gilberts guitar looked cool. I had win MX at the time and did a search on PG, downloaded a Mr.big track 1st (to be with you) and thought it sucked ass. Then download Dangerous love and was hooked. Ordered all albums i could get my hands on.

8) constantly looking on ebay for videos of other 80's gigs apart from the 86 and 88 which I have.

9) only band I can listen to for weeks on end and not get board of

10) get pissed off when mates think they are over the top.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Regards,
Ken

Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Post Condemned
I think some one does not like me. B) xx(

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:11 am
Motorman

YEAH! wrote:
Speed_DemonX wrote:
kameron wrote:

But most of them sound shit anyway. Well, they aren't gonna be passing off as a second guitar. It also means you can't do a "one guy on bridge pickup one guy on neck pickup" kinda thing.. or any complex counterpoint parts.. you're just stuck with a harmony

:twisted:

Once you go rack, you may never come back ? :o

This thing is the best anyway ;)

Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:19 am
is the Siren's Eye

8. I'm still, however, a Vai fanatic first. And would LOVE to see PG on G3.

i agree i think it would be the most amazing thing if PG did a G3 tour

Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:57 pm
God Of The Sun

Yngwie, Satriani and Gilbert :twisted:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:14 pm
Motorman

I thing satriani, vai and gilbert would be the best.

Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:00 pm
Viking Kong

Yea, as Yngwie ruined songs on Denver with his "Harmonic Minor" runs :P
lol, every time i watch Little Wing on that DVD, and Yngwie starts playing these wild arrpegios, I cant help but lmao when i see Joe (Satriani's) face :lol:

"Yng, Yng, Yng.... We discussed this earlier, ey?"

lol, I'm starting to think that Yngwie on this board is gonna slaughetr me for this :lol:

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:59 am
Promises to use Search button

Hi, I'm new here so let's start with the Confessions !!! I usually speak french so forgive my english.

1 - At every soudcheck or everytime I play a guitar in a guitar store, I play the intro of superheroes. I just can't resist...

2 - I was a fan of MR.Big for bout 8 years before I first heard Racer X. I live in Quebec and I didn't had Internet in the '90, how could I know about Racer X ???

3 - I love the music Racer X did in the '80 but I prefer a LOT more what they do now (TD, SH, GH). The sound help but anyway, I think only 1 guitar is better.

4 - I play in a tribute to Ozzy. When we started, I gave 3 CD-R to the musicians with all the songs from the set so it's more easy to learn them. All Ozzy or Sabbath but for Children of the grave, i put the Racer X version. :twisted:

5 - Paul is in my top 5 guitarists: Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Richie Kotzen and Zakk. But I recently discovered Mattias IA Eklundh so I think they are now 6... :?

6 - I've been looking a long time for a laney GH100L because of Paul but finally, I got a Peavey classic 50.

7 - For a long time, I thought that Jeff Martin "The drummer" and Jeff Martin "The singer" were 2 differents persons, but that was before I discover Racer X seriously and before I got some DVDs from Ebay to see the look the same !!! :shock:

8 - If Zakk was not with Ozzy, I would love to see Paul with Ozzy for 1 album (just 1 because I want him back in Racer X). :wink:

9 - I think Getting Heavier is a very cool album, I love it. But Snakebite and superheroes are my two favorite songs from this band.

10 - Now something you will not like: I prefer My kind of woman than Mad at the world... Sorry... :oops:

That's it. Bye. :D

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:05 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

1: I discovered Paul and Racer X thorugh Total Guitar! At first the Superheroes verse riff seemed like something only a shredder could've come up with, but when I heard the original track I was blown away!
2 weeks after i got it =)
2: I think the best Racer X albums are the first two, as the sound is very 80's compared to the rest!
3: At first I though the PGM f-holes were hollow-body, and thought it was a complete no-no, but when i found it was painting i wanted it RIGHT THERE! :)
4: The coolest PGM is PGM100, IMO!
5: The first time i ever saw Gilbert on a vid i was completely :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: afterwards....
It was the Colorado bulldog clip from guitars from mars 2^^
2 weeks after i knew it full speed
6: I think Bruce's instructional vid is better for soloing than Pauls, though Pauls vids get you up to speed
7: The first time people started to hate me cus of my reposting i acctually lied on the floor laughing my fcking panties off! xD
8: I hate racer x due to the fact that they dont play outside the states and japan! COME TO NORWAY, ME AND TRONNELOL WILL COME UPSTAGE AND JAM ALL NIGHT! :D
9: When i first heard Getting Heavier i almost threw up.... now its one of my favourites:D
10: My band played Superheros at last school prom, and people started to ask what band this were etc. etc. DeaD.CeLL, making Racer X grow in Norway...^^ :D

thats about it... :P
lots of bad comments here though

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:12 pm
Viking Kong

1: I got Racer X's MP3 from a friend of mine once, but I never listened to them in about one year...

2: I learned how to play Technical Difficulties while I had one year of guitar...(I now play for 2 )

3: to learn that, I used to practice Technical Difficulties about 5 or 6 hours a day!!!

4: after I arrive in the US, I bought all the Racer X cds, because we dont have them in Brazil

5: After see Paul's old BCRich, I started to LOVE pink guitars

6: I cant stand one day without listening to at least one Racer X album

7: I love how Scoot is not the fastest, but the coolest drummer I've ever heard!!!( and I also realized how he looks sad while he is playing)

8: I identify myself with Paul a lot! (not the apearence, but the story)

9: I wanted to kill someone when I saw that the Street Lethal t-shirts couldnt be sold out of the US

10: I used to listen to Technical Difficulties about 10 times in a row!!!

BONUS:

11: (im ashamed of this one....but here we go) - I still don't know if there is a dvd fod SOD2...can someone answer me this one?

Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:42 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

1. I saw Mr. Big live in 89' when they first came out, I touched Paul's boot when he put it up on the monitor :) I was in heaven. He was wearing his black suit with blue f-holes all over it, and played his orange Ibanez with blue f-holes.

2. I bought Paul's first instructional video after that and was hooked. I played that video every single day.

3. Glad to know that there are other people who find Paul Humorous.

4. I have a Hot Guitarist viedo magazine with Paul and it looked like he'd been practicing for days and hadn't slept at all.

5. I bought my first Ibanez RG 565 because I thought I would be able to play like Paul :) Yea, that didn't happen, but I've been an Ibanez player ever since.

6. I studied jazz and classical guitar in college, everyone else had their nice Gibson 335, and 175. I had my bright laser blue Ibanez and another guy had his Yngwie signature model. We were the only shredders there.

7. My audition piece to get into the jazz guitar program in college was Paul's version of Paganini's Perpetual Motion. I don't think they were expecting that :)

8. How cool is Paul... he seems to be the most down to earth guitar player out there. Nothing is too cool or too stupid for Paul.

9. My girlfriends were impressed by his playing, especially the drill part of his solo on Extreme Volume I.

10. Paul's old Ibanez RG with the Duncan Mini is the coolest thing ever!!

11. I went to the library (yawn) and found every old copy of Guitar Player Magazine and photocopied every article he wrote of "Terrifying Guitar 101".

Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next