View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 King Of The Monsters Played By That Kid 
Dr. X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8EJ-4RH ... re=related

Please, tell me that's a fake :shock:

Mon May 04, 2009 5:45 pm
God Of The Sun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8EJ-4RHjs0&feature=related

yeah, that shit is totally insane, he has incredible passion for guitar :shock:

Mon May 04, 2009 6:01 pm
Viking Kong

Ken, while I agree with everything you say, I'll have to add, ANY guitarist which is to claim that Far Beyond The Sun is just another piece of shredding should be killed, and I mean that, it IS a heavy metal masterpiece.

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Mon May 04, 2009 7:15 pm
Godzilla

I think this should earn anyone's respect, just because of that jaw dropping technical ability.

I honestly don't think Paul could nail that in half a year if he took time off touring to practice.

EDIT: I mean he couldn't play it the same way

Mon May 04, 2009 8:07 pm
Viking Kong

caprile wrote:

I think this should earn anyone's respect, just because of that jaw dropping technical ability.

I honestly don't think Paul could nail that in half a year if he took time off touring to practice.

Yeah he could

Mon May 04, 2009 8:08 pm
God Of The Sun

caprile wrote:

I think that's kinda too much... the kid is AWESOME... JAW DROPPING, ETC...

But... come on guys... don't compare Paul with him...

Mon May 04, 2009 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

You're right, the point I was trying to make is that this kid is a great player. And he also has that nack for getting down very technically impressive stuff that it seems only kids can do. A great combination in my opinion.

Mon May 04, 2009 8:24 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

The kid plays the get out of my yard solo without human capo, and it's cool to see him do that. But don't forget Paul can also do that. He just prefers playing the arpeggio's tuned to EEE. I believe he also said he added the human capo not only to make it more comfortable to play standing up, but also as a creative element to add to his song.

Mon May 04, 2009 8:54 pm
Viking Kong

The kid plays the get out of my yard solo without human capo, and it's cool to see him do that. But don't forget Paul can also do that. He just prefers playing the arpeggio's tuned to EEE. I believe he also said he added the human capo not only to make it more comfortable to play standing up, but also as a creative element to add to his song.

I was going to say something along the lines of this.

I've seen the video where he does arpeggios on a normal stringed guitar (Not all of GOOMY), and said that it is just better and easier to do it like the EEE.

I think EEE is awesome. 8)

Mon May 04, 2009 9:05 pm
Godzilla

thanks for the info. I just feel silly now :oops:

Mon May 04, 2009 9:20 pm
Superhero

of course paul could play it th same way as anton, anyone could if they practiced it. Though, i believe it would still take paul al little while to nail it.

It took anton about 2 or 3 months lik 2 hours a day to get it down.

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Tue May 05, 2009 12:39 am
Viking Kong

Is anton picking every note in the GOOMY cover? It doesn't look like he's picking every single note.

Thu May 07, 2009 6:37 am
Superhero

Thu May 07, 2009 3:50 pm
Viking Kong

Thu May 07, 2009 10:34 pm
Motorman

Of course deep down I'm a little stingy about a twelve year old with a higher technical ability than I may ever achieve. And I acknowledge this stupidity of mine.

But from a realistic angle, everyone has to acknowledge a potential in him to do something badass. The little basic weaknesses in his technique, will diminish as he ages, I'm completely sure of that. Technically, I don't think we've seen anything like him.

But MUSICALLY, what REALLY matters, I think some people could agree, that he might be "blocking himself in" with his devoted emulation and stylistic choices. Laying a foundation like that COULD, I said, COULD be detrimental. But who knows? Have any of us seen someone who could rip like this at his age? Aside from Rich Ward?

Psh, look at me, talking like I know shit...
Please excuse the bigass post.[/u]

Sun May 31, 2009 12:42 am
Superhero

Sun May 31, 2009 1:28 am
Superhero

If i wanted to watch a freak, id go to watch the circus

I really couldnt care about all those videos you see on youtube like '3 year old drummer' and stuff, so what? its not like they have just taken up the instrument and instantly become a guitar god.

sorry but thats how i feel, and i dont think its jealousy, and you know why?.....

.......COS CHICKS DIG WONDERWALL!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:58 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

You guys don't have small dicks. You're being silly; I'm the only chinese guy here. :P

But I'll hump more than you ever will.

The smaller the penis, the more sex you get.

Want proof?

Look at the largest population in the world.

8)

I love chinese people. Not you, Bean. Chinese girls are just so hawt.

My girlfriend's part chinese I am biased lol

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:49 am
is evil...Evil Joe

flame/rant

congrats you know? he had the heart to practice these songs and learn them with extreme precission.

the kid is better than me at guitar, but ive got his ass in a sling when it comes to designing my own gear, or writing my own music.

each person is different and each person has their own character and feel that comes out when playing guitar, it is what makes each of us enjoyable to listen to and music so diverse. what fun would it be if we all phrased the same songs same styles and same tone?

sounds like that is exactly what he is doing imho.

i think he's just a circus act. like someone else said, if he was 50 years old it wouldnt matter.

the point of covering songs is develop your talent, dexterity, knowledge, finger strength, etc etc.

but people seem to miss the transition to applying this knowledge to musical peices of your own. thats when the music comes out and makes musicians, musicians.

yeah the kids special, yeah he can nail them perfectly. but music is not a competition. music is meant to be enjoyable. and right now all i see is a kid playing paul gilbert's songs practially to a T. what would be better if the kid WROTE those pieces himself at 11 years old.

flame away guys. i dont pay him any attention. if anything he needs to take his knowledge and go back to the bedroom and figure out how to apply his knowledge in his own styles and music.

it would be like me making another 5150II and calling it a 5150II then selling it. yeah ive got the talent to build it, but thats not the name of the game with music.

flame off :wink:

2005 5150II
5150 Straight Cabinet
5150 Slant Cabinet
Furman M-8D Power Conditioner
Peavey VypYr 60W Tubed

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:59 am
Superhero

so the kid's got talent.

flame/rant

congrats you know? he had the heart to practice these songs and learn them with extreme precission.

the kid is better than me at guitar, but ive got his ass in a sling when it comes to designing my own gear, or writing my own music.

each person is different and each person has their own character and feel that comes out when playing guitar, it is what makes each of us enjoyable to listen to and music so diverse. what fun would it be if we all phrased the same songs same styles and same tone?

sounds like that is exactly what he is doing imho.

i think he's just a circus act. like someone else said, if he was 50 years old it wouldnt matter.

the point of covering songs is develop your talent, dexterity, knowledge, finger strength, etc etc.

but people seem to miss the transition to applying this knowledge to musical peices of your own. thats when the music comes out and makes musicians, musicians.

yeah the kids special, yeah he can nail them perfectly. but music is not a competition. music is meant to be enjoyable. and right now all i see is a kid playing paul gilbert's songs practially to a T. what would be better if the kid WROTE those pieces himself at 11 years old.

flame away guys. i dont pay him any attention. if anything he needs to take his knowledge and go back to the bedroom and figure out how to apply his knowledge in his own styles and music.

it would be like me making another 5150II and calling it a 5150II then selling it. yeah ive got the talent to build it, but thats not the name of the game with music.

flame off :wink:

*face palm*

Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next